Expert Lotto 4.5.5 has been released

Expert Lotto 4.5.5 has been released

Postby stan » Sun May 24, 2009 11:45 am

Please read here for more information: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/home/whatsnew.htm

To upgrade please download this file and extract its content into your Expert Lotto installation folder:
http://www.expertlotto.com/files/update ... update.zip

Please note that this is just a maintenance release of Expert Lotto version 4.5.x We are currently completely redesigning Expert Lotto and working on a new version 5.0 which will bring better user interface, full multi-threading support and many other new features. You can read more here:
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ad&id=1059
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Update 4.5.5

Postby Maryland » Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 pm

Stan, not really a major issue but now I get the security warning box when I click on Expert Lotto shortcut on desktop or Expert Lotto exe file in the bin folder. Before it went right to the program now I have to tell it to run the program.
Maryland

Postby stan » Sun May 24, 2009 3:44 pm

[quote=Maryland]
Stan, not really a major issue but now I get the security warning box when I click on Expert Lotto shortcut on desktop or Expert Lotto exe file in the bin folder. Before it went right to the program now I have to tell it to run the program.
[/quote]

do you mean a warning from your antivirus/firewall? that's probably because the .exe file has changed (to support automatic memory allocations). next time you run expert lotto the security software should remember the new .exe file size/content and issue no warning.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Sun May 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Stan,

Thanks for your great job!! But I want to know if the Filter running should be faster more than before updating the 4.5.5 when I using my new PC in which the RAM is 4 GB? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
Stan,

Thanks for your great job!! But I want to know if the Filter running should be faster more than before updating the 4.5.5 when I using my new PC in which the RAM is 4 GB? Thanks.
[/quote]

the filters won't run faster but you don't need to start expert lotto with .cmd scripts. just double-click the .exe file in expert lotto's bin folder (or use shortcut in windows start menu) and it will use up to 1gb of ram memory
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Sun May 24, 2009 9:12 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

do you mean a warning from your antivirus/firewall? that's probably because the .exe file has changed (to support automatic memory allocations). next time you run expert lotto the security software should remember the new .exe file size/content and issue no warning.
[/quote]

It may be the new adaware program I installed because I've updated before with the firewall on. Like I said Stan, no biggie, others might encounter the same thing and read this in relief. :-D
Maryland

Postby lottoboy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:17 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy]
Stan,

[/quote]

the filters won't run faster but you don't need to start expert lotto with .cmd scripts. just double-click the .exe file in expert lotto's bin folder (or use shortcut in windows start menu) and it will use up to 1gb of ram memory
[/quote]

Stan,
Thanks for your reply! I never use the .cmd scripts to start EL instead of double-click the shortcut on my desktop of pc. Could you let me if or not I have used up to 1GB of RAM in my new PC now even I don't update my EL to the 4.5.5 anymore? or how can I check the current status of using my RAM of 4GB by running my EL Program? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 am

Stan,
In other words, if my new PC (Studio Slim-Tower, Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200-2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, w/ 4MBcache; HD=640GB; RAM=4GB) can do the job which will use up to 1gb of ram memory for EL running automatically? If so, I don't need to update the 4.5.5. Is it correct?

Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon May 25, 2009 3:30 pm

[quote=stan]
[/quote]So what is the advantage?
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2009 4:38 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto:1243258257]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]So what is the advantage?
[/quote]

not really an advantage, but ordinary users can use more free ram without running expert lotto from .cmd script
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1243221439]
[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy]
Stan,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stan,
Thanks for your reply! I never use the .cmd scripts to start EL instead of double-click the shortcut on my desktop of pc. Could you let me if or not I have used up to 1GB of RAM in my new PC now even I don't update my EL to the 4.5.5 anymore? or how can I check the current status of using my RAM of 4GB by running my EL Program? Thanks.
[/quote]

you can see how much memory expert lotto uses on status bar after turning memory meter in preferences on
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue May 26, 2009 4:41 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1243222407]
Stan,
In other words, if my new PC (Studio Slim-Tower, Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200-2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, w/ 4MBcache; HD=640GB; RAM=4GB) can do the job which will use up to 1gb of ram memory for EL running automatically? If so, I don't need to update the 4.5.5. Is it correct?

Thanks.
[/quote]

if you don't upgrade your .exe file to version 4.5.5 then the application will use only a limited amount of ram even when you have four gigs available.
so to have more memory in expert lotto you have to either upgrade to 4.5.5 or use .cmd scripts to start the application.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Thu May 28, 2009 11:06 pm

Stan,

Upgraded to latest version and have lost the ability to use a single filter in a compound filter which you introduced a few versions ago. :-(

Error Message: "There are some errors in the compound filter parts".

On the upside, everything seems to work a bit quicker including the filtering process. :-)

Rgds

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri May 29, 2009 4:40 am

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

Upgraded to latest version and have lost the ability to use a single filter in a compound filter which you introduced a few versions ago. :-(

Error Message: "There are some errors in the compound filter parts".

Rgds

Red Devil
[/quote]Are you trying to build a compound filter or is it your existing compound filters that don't work? I tested my compound filters and they work just fine.
PadawanLotto

Postby Red Devil » Sun May 31, 2009 11:26 pm

I set up some compound filters some time ago that only use a single filter and they worked fine but since upgrading they don't work. I have tried re-making the filters but the save option is ghosted out, you can only make compound filters with more than 1 filter.

RD
Red Devil

Next

Return to News + Announcements