Planned Expert Lotto Features Poll

Planned Expert Lotto Features Poll

Postby stan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:37 am

Here's our current TODO list. You may vote for features you would like to see most in the next Expert Lotto release. Some features will take more time (couple of weeks) to implement, some features are quite easy (couple of days) and some features depend on each other.

Feel free to post request for any other features not in the list yet.

A - no visible application features, it's internal changes to allow adding some other features. DONE

B - This is an option to group filters together using AND/OR conditions. E.g. you may group together odd/even filter, number range filter and match wn filter and apply them all in one step. There will also be an option to save these filter settings and load them back later on. (depends on A) DONE

C - A predictor plugin based on the WN History page features. The plugin will provide a table of numbers sorted by their probability of hit in the next draw. The good thing is that the algorithm will be reproducible so it'll be possible to back-test it and 'train' or fine-tune it on previous draws. The bad thing is that it may turn out as no good at all. ;-)

D - Upon startup the application will check for new Expert Lotto releases on our website and offer to download any new updates (libraries, plugins, lotteries etc), depends on A.

E, F - filters requested in this discussion board. DONE

G - A ticket generator connected to a list of filters (see B). Especially useful for Keno lotteries with the billions of possible combinations. DONE

H - The Minimizer is basically the Optimizer plugin taken one step further. You do your filtering and have 500 tickets left which is too many to play. So the Minimizer will allow to specify e.g. 'i want at least one match4 if any 6 numbers from the package are drawn'. DONE
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:14 pm

All lotto features here are wonderful, but only one vote is allowed. :motz:

So, here I vote for all .:-D
zz

Postby PatrickKim » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:17 pm

I see you've got your hands full of work :)

I vote for the filter that leaves me with one winning ticket !!! :-D

All features presented above are great, so ... whatever you choose is fine.

Patrick
PatrickKim

Postby stan » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:35 pm

[quote=PatrickKim:1102169832]
I vote for the filter that leaves me with one winning ticket !!! :-D
[/quote]

such filter is already available! see the winning numbers history filter. a correct guess of the trend of 10 chart lines (with some range to allow for errors) provides 100% gurantee of getting the winning ticket after filtering.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:35 am

How it's going with these features? Are you expecting them in a little while, or it is a big work necessary? :-)
zz

Postby stan » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:22 pm

i'm working on the source code refactoring which is almost done.
the code is much leaner now and more easily extendable. some features run a bit faster now.

the rest of the new features will follow shortly as they need much less work to do (new filters, stats etc).

i'll try to use as much of the christmas holidays as possible so you may expect version 4.1.0 to be released in the beginning of january 2005.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Happy New Year

Postby zz » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:56 pm

Changed my vote, since these B and G beauties are connected directly to A, which may mean you might consider them routinely.

However, wish you a happy and prosperous New Year.
zz

development update

Postby stan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:28 am

hi everybody,

just a quick note to let you know that i finished the internal source code refactoring and started working on new features.

at the moment i'm implementing a winning coverage calculator that will tell what your package win if you hit xx numbers. it'll be very similar to the 'detailed report' provided by t the covermaster tool.

this calculator is needed for the minimizer development to verify that the minimizer really works.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:03 pm

Patiently waiting Stan. Your software will soon be the best on the market. If I can help in anyway just let me know. You got my email addy.
Maryland

Postby stan » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:54 am

[quote=Maryland]
Patiently waiting Stan. Your software will soon be the best on the market. If I can help in anyway just let me know. You got my email addy.
[/quote]

thanks for help offer. you don't happen to be a java developer with some spare time, do you? ;-)

well, there will be some work for you (and others as well) when the preview of version 4.1 is released to test the new features and find as many bugs as possible.

you can also post some usability enhancements in the mean time. i don't mean new features - the list is long enough for the moment - but rather small improvements to existing features so that the application's ui can be more easily accessed and used. e.g. more buttons in the toolbar, keyboard shurtcuts, popup menus etc...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:49 am

About appearance probably very good would be to have "History to Show Column = 0" in history differences, but I believe you said you are thinking about making that already...

Also, maybe would be good to have possibility to import database without dates and days, but just with draws - draw1(first), 2,..,500 etc from the reason some lotteries may sometimes add extra draws between the regular ones, and also you don't need to think about and mark which days if you don't want to, but just how many last draws you wish to use. However, probably importing it as daily-everyday draws may work for this.....
zz

Postby stan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:03 pm

* i improved the optimizing filter a bit. when used to filter a full wheel (i.e. all combinations from a given range) it can produce a wheel in size comparable to those generated by the cover master tool (i'm using pre-release version 0.54)

* i also finished the minimizing filter. it's similar to the optimizer however it allows optimizations for e.g. 3if4, 3if6 etc.
so you can say 'i want 95% chance of at least 2 matches in 3 numbers when i hit 6 numbers from my pool'. and your package contents will be filtered to meet these requirements.
it's not overly fast but it does its job. ;-) and again the results are comparable to wheels produced by the cover master.

you can verify the filtering results by using the win coverage calculator i mentioned earlier.

the next step will be probably some new filters and/or statistics...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:10 am

Up to how many combinations will be possible to wok with using the minimizer filter?When it will be ready to try it?
zz

Postby stan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:36 am

the minimizer should be able to handle tens of thousands of tickets but you may need to start expert lotto with special command line arguments to give it more available memory.

it's basically ready now but i'm just testing a new algorithm for the minimizer that should be faster and less memory intensive.
i have also a list of smaller improvements that i'd like to implement. then i'll prepare a beta version for all of you to try out and test.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

winning number history chart

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:14 pm

hi Stan. Just wondering if you could explain further how the following works " a correct guess of the trend of 10 chart lines (with some range to allow for errors) provides 100% gurantee of getting the winning ticket after filtering". ............i.e. how do we use this great sounding feature to get down to one winning ticket?? thanx

Next

Return to News + Announcements