Please do sometihing about ....

Please do sometihing about ....

Postby pyst7lot » Mon May 08, 2023 10:56 am

Please do sometihing about ....allowing Draw History only needing a number and no date. It's annoying me immensely that a date is required because my country (New Zealand) has made a few changes and the change from once weekly to twice weekly has my draw numbers all up the wop!
pyst7lot

Re: Please do sometihing about ....

Postby stan » Sun May 14, 2023 6:35 pm

I have fixed the lottery setup so now you can choose between wed or sat draws (or both). Is that what you meant?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby pyst7lot » Mon May 15, 2023 4:50 am

Hi Stan,
Sorry about being a grump but it does frustrate me. I would be happy to be able to setup using just draw numbers without requiring dates for draws. The problem for me is that my lottery went from once weekly to bi-weekly draws and as a result the draw numbers get messed up. After finally cleaning up my winning numbers table to Draw 2270 I now find my next draw is No.3615. I have no use for dates anyway.
pyst7lot

Postby pyst7lot » Tue May 16, 2023 5:50 am

Actually I'm forced to have a need for dates - for the filters which use past results. Even that is annoying because it's easier to choose a range between two draw numbers than it is to choose a range between two dates.
pyst7lot

Postby stan » Fri May 26, 2023 9:29 pm

Why does it matter whether you use draw dates or draw numbers? The winning numbers selection window is supposed to be flexible enough, are you missing anything there?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby pyst7lot » Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm

When I need to select a range of draws like for "Match Winning Numbers' I can't select a range of draws using draw numbers like we can using a range of dates. If I want to select the second 400 draws for my lottery I need to check the dates first. Would be easier just to select by number.
pyst7lot

Postby stan » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:34 am

You can use menu File - New - Lottery to setup a custom lottery that will have draw number included in the draw date. But the winning numbers selection window doesn't support draw number range anyway.
If I want to select the second 400 draws
- what exactly does that mean?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby pyst7lot » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:28 am

This software is so amazing in so many ways and yet it can't give me something I would have thought was really simple for the programmers to include. :)
pyst7lot

Postby stan » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:59 pm

If you can explain clearly and in details what you're looking for then the programmers may actually consider if the feature request is feasible.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby pyst7lot » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:26 am

stan wrote:If you can explain clearly and in details what you're looking for then the programmers may actually consider if the feature request is feasible.

I'm not sure I can make it any simpler. I just want to be able to set up a new lottery using just draw numbers - without dates. ie, no day, no month, no year, no week number.

I would also like the filters which Select Draws (like Match Winning Numbers) to be able to select draws using their Draw Numbers. ie, Draws 1 to 400, Draws 401 to 800.
At the moment these Draw ranges can only be selected using Draw Dates (with Date Range) which is quite frankly a PITA!

I could say more but that would make my simple request seem more complicated than it really is.

Does anyone here understand me?
pyst7lot

Postby stan » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:18 pm

Ok, got it. It will be in the next development build update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests