The function about Back-test in V5

The function about Back-test in V5

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 am

Stan,

I’m not sure if you have canceled the function of Back-tests for all Statistical Filters in V5 since I can not find those in the Tickets Analyzer now? In other words, I can not take these Statistical Filters into Complex Filter by clicking the button of Add filter in Complex Filter.

If so, why you have kept the function of Back-tests for Adjacent Numbers in Statistical Filter only? Will you add the function of BT into the other statistical filters one by one in the future? Thanks.
lottoboy

Re: The function about Back-test in V5

Postby stan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 am

lottoboy wrote:Stan,

I’m not sure if you have canceled the function of Back-tests for all Statistical Filters in V5 since I can not find those in the Tickets Analyzer now? In other words, I can not take these Statistical Filters into Complex Filter by clicking the button of Add filter in Complex Filter.

there's no back-testing for statistical filters in version 4.x either.

If so, why you have kept the function of Back-tests for Adjacent Numbers in Statistical Filter only? Will you add the function of BT into the other statistical filters one by one in the future? Thanks.

there's no back-test for adjacent numbers statistical filter either. i'm not planning to add back-testing to these filters in the near future. you can use 'statistical filter' in complex filter hierarchy (see 'advanced' category in the filter tree) which works in a similar way.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Stan,
Thanks for your reply!
"
there's no back-test for adjacent numbers statistical filter either. i'm not planning to add back-testing to these filters in the near future. you can use 'statistical filter' in complex filter hierarchy (see 'advanced' category in the filter tree) which works in a similar way

I'm still confused with your explaination above according to the attachments.
Also, I still don't understand "which works in a similar way" (to analyze the BT's pattern) even I have tried it following your instruction.Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:11 pm

there's a statistical filter which opens from some analyzer tables when one or more table rows are selected and 'filter package' button in analyzer's toolbar is clicked - there's no back-testing for this filter type.

there's also 'statistical filter' under 'advanced' category in filter list which does support back-testing when added to a complex filter window.
you can use it for almost any statistics - did you see the combo box next to 'analyze' label in the filter window? just click the combo box and select statistical property from the list...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:19 am

Stan,
did you see the combo box next to 'analyze' label in the filter window? just click the combo box and select statistical property from the list...

NOT YET, I CAN NOT FIND THE COMBO BOX YOU MEANS ABOVE. I FIND TWO COMBO IN EL5 (SEE ATTACHMENT). WHICH ONE IS "THE COMBO BOX" YOU SAID?
IF BOTH ARE NOT, COULD YOU SHOW ME WHERE IS IT? THANKS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 am

i guess there must be something wrong with me since it's too hard to understand my posts
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:12 am

i guess there must be something wrong with me since it's too hard to understand my posts

Stan,
I'm not sure what did you say above and it seems different from my question. I asked for you where I can find "the combo box next to 'analyze' label in the filter window" but you showed me "adjacent numbers". Why?
Also, what is combo box? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:45 am

lottoboy wrote:

Stan,
I'm not sure what did you say above and it seems different from my question. I asked for you where I can find "the combo box next to 'analyze' label in the filter window" but you showed me "adjacent numbers". Why?
Also, what is combo box? Thanks.

Hi Lottoboy, I think stan highlighted the Adjacent Numbers next to the Analyze for a reason, he is answering your question, it's the Combo Box your looking for.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:11 am

it's the Combo Box your looking for.

Savage_Rottweiler,

Thanks for your sincere attention! I find the Combo Box as Stan said finally!!!(see the attachment) I apologize for my misunderstanding about that, Stan.

However, I'm still not sure how can we use the function to make filtering correctly? By using single statistical filter or combized filters in the Combo Box either, I can not find what are their advantages? There is the predicting function of "preview" only on the page. In other words, all filtering processes in the Combo Box are blindfold totally since there is not the predicting function of "Back-test" which is the WINDOW OR EYE of the winning #s. We can "LOOK AT" clearly some winning information for next draw through the WINDOW OR EYE. Of course, maybe Stan or other member have the strategy for finding some winning information throuth the function of PREVIEW only or other clues by using the Statistical Filters in the Combo Box. If so, I'm sorry about that and could you share it with us now? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:16 am

add statistical filter to a complex filter and you can back-test it too
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 pm

stan wrote:add statistical filter to a complex filter and you can back-test it too

Stan,
This means that you have corrected all errors in Back-test of Statistical Filters in EL4 and kept the function in EL5 too. Is this right?
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:43 pm

lottoboy wrote:
stan wrote:add statistical filter to a complex filter and you can back-test it too

Stan,
This means that you have corrected all errors in Back-test of Statistical Filters in EL4 and kept the function in EL5 too. Is this right?

yes and no. the statistical filter whose screenshot i posted above is different from the filter invoked from statistical tables in version 4.x and in version 5 as well (there's no back-test for such filters in any application version).
but back-test does work correctly for statistical filter which opens from 'advanced' category in filter list in version 5.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:29 pm

yes and no. the statistical filter whose screenshot i posted above is different from the filter invoked from statistical tables in version 4.x and in version 5 as well (there's no back-test for such filters in any application version).
but back-test does work correctly for statistical filter which opens from 'advanced' category in filter list in version 5.

Stan,

In other words, we can invoke the function of BT for the 32 Statistical Filters in the Combo Box in EL5 from another window:"Advanced Category' instead directly from the window:"Tickets Analyzer" in which the function of BT has been canceled permanently.(There are 33 Statistical Filters in the Packge of Tickets Analyzer)

The invoking operation for the function should be as below:

1) Open File > New > Complex Filter, then the page of Design appears;
2) Click the button of Add filter on the right side of the page, then the window of Select Filter pops up;
3) Select Advanced > Statistical Filter, then click the button of Select;
4) Select a single or some Statistical Filter(s) you needed from the Combo Box on the bottom of the page and Add into the small window under the Combo Box;
5) Click the button of Back-test on the top of the page, then the page of Design become the page of Back-test;
6) Select the draws you needed from the Draws Bar, then click another button of Back-test on the righ side of the page. So you can get the result of BT for the Statistical Filter you needed. (see the attachment)
7) Click the button of Run on the top of the page and Select the tickets you want to filter from Package, Ticket file, Random Number and Full Whell;
8) Click another button of Run on the right side of the page;

Is this above correct? (I'm sorry for my long-winded. I have to make a confirmation about the BT of Statistical Filter since it's very important to me.) Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 pm

lottoboy wrote:Is this above correct?

yes
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:21 am

stan wrote:
lottoboy wrote:Is this above correct?

yes

Hi, Stan:

It's great really!!! Thanks for your very excellent job and I so apologize to misunderstand your EL5 before!!!
But I still have some questions about the function as below:

1) If the steps of Tickets and Intervals of past winning numbers draws in the window of Tickets Analyzer in EL5 are similar to the Calculate stats of Tickets in Package and Winning Numbers in the window of Statistics in EL4?

2) The statistical calculation should be based on the Winning numbers we needed only for selected statistical filter(s) by us when we ticked the box of Analyze intervals of past winning numbers draws, then click the button of Finish in the Tickets Analyzer of EL5. On the other hand, the statistical calculation should be based on the tickets in the package. Is it right?

3) If the strategy for when we tick the box or not as in (2) above is same with Padawan created in EL4?

4) The statistical calculation will begin when we click the button of Finish in the Tickets Analyzer and the calculation can based on the Winning Number or Wheel Tickets either. But why not only we can not meet the Selection of the calculate stats including full tickets or winning #s but also find the calculation process which needs a longer time generally in the Complex Filter or Advanced Category ??

5) I find the Complex Filter takes the BT analysis for only one Statistical Filter each time instead a combined Statistical Filter even we have added a combination of some statistical filters into the small window under the Combo Box in the page of Complex Filter. In other words, the new statistical filter will update the current one simultaneously instead stands side by side on the main box when we select some statistical filters to combine. And the added statistical filters appeared in the small window under the Combo Box only but in the main box when we clicked the button of Add. The button of Add seems useless.(see the attachment) Maybe something is wrong with me in the operation?

Thanks

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests