The function about Back-test in V5

Re: The function about Back-test in V5

Postby teoman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:59 am

stan wrote:
lottoboy wrote:Is this above correct?

yes

Would be and more correct if would exist is an 'Add' and for the settings filters in 'Analyze', so as in attachment.
It would be correct and for 'Custom Analyzer'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teoman

Postby stan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:47 am

teoman wrote:Would be and more correct if would exist is an 'Add' and for the settings filters in 'Analyze', so as in attachment.

???
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:19 am

lottoboy wrote:1) If the steps of Tickets and Intervals of past winning numbers draws in the window of Tickets Analyzer in EL5 are similar to the Calculate stats of Tickets in Package and Winning Numbers in the window of Statistics in EL4?

not sure what you mean here. in version 5 you can't combine stats of package tickets with stats of past draws. the option to select past draws in analyzer wizard window is for analysis of draw intervals - i.e. how many draws elapsed between each occurrence of e.g. odd/even 3:3

2) The statistical calculation should be based on the Winning numbers we needed only for selected statistical filter(s) by us when we ticked the box of Analyze intervals of past winning numbers draws, then click the button of Finish in the Tickets Analyzer of EL5. On the other hand, the statistical calculation should be based on the tickets in the package. Is it right?

no, see above. if you click menu 'package - analyze' then package tickets will be analyzed, if you click menu 'winning numbers - analyze' then only past draws will be analyzed.
the selection of past draws for interval analysis in both cases serves only to calculate columns latest/min interval/max interval etc. you can skip this option if you're interested in occurrences only.

3) If the strategy for when we tick the box or not as in (2) above is same with Padawan created in EL4?

don't know which strategy you're referring to

4) The statistical calculation will begin when we click the button of Finish in the Tickets Analyzer and the calculation can based on the Winning Number or Wheel Tickets either. But why not only we can not meet the Selection of the calculate stats including full tickets or winning #s but also find the calculation process which needs a longer time generally in the Complex Filter or Advanced Category ??

???
5) I find the Complex Filter takes the BT analysis for only one Statistical Filter each time instead a combined Statistical Filter even we have added a combination of some statistical filters into the small window under the Combo Box in the page of Complex Filter. In other words, the new statistical filter will update the current one simultaneously instead stands side by side on the main box when we select some statistical filters to combine. And the added statistical filters appeared in the small window under the Combo Box only but in the main box when we clicked the button of Add. The button of Add seems useless.(see the attachment) Maybe something is wrong with me in the operation?

click 'add filter' and select 'statistical filter' again from the filter tree. then you can choose a different analysis type in 'analyze' combo box.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby teoman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 pm

stan wrote:
teoman wrote:Would be and more correct if would exist is an 'Add' and for the settings filters in 'Analyze', so as in attachment.

???

Only for 'Back-test' in 'Complex Filter' and 'Summary' and 'Details' in 'Custom Analyzer'.
teoman

Postby stan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:17 pm

teoman wrote:
stan wrote:

???

Only for 'Back-test' in 'Complex Filter' and 'Summary' and 'Details' in 'Custom Analyzer'.

sorry, i still don't know what you mean
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby teoman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 pm

stan wrote:
teoman wrote:

sorry, i still don't know what you mean

One way to make 'Back-test', 'Summary' and 'Details' and for filters of the 'Analyze'.
teoman

Postby stan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:35 pm

teoman wrote:One way to make 'Back-test', 'Summary' and 'Details' and for filters of the 'Analyze'.

sorry, still not clear. are you suggesting a new feature or is there a bug in the application? or is there a mistake in one of my posts in this thread?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Mirel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Lottoboy is right. what he wants can not be achieved .
I noticed that lotto expert team is open to changes.From the first day I saw great strength of the statistical filter.
But this strength program uses only 20%.I have the solution:consists of only a few extra instructions; Is the job for several days.
It is something that you structure the program ,and not the new filters.Exactly what is now follows.
I can use the program at 100% power using tricks. Maybe this I will be disappointed whether the solution is not adopted .
With what my solution would Padawan in "Needle in a hay stack" would be very simple .Is required a new way of working .
I come back with clearer specifications .
Last edited by Mirel on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirel

Postby teoman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 pm

stan wrote:
teoman wrote:One way to make 'Back-test', 'Summary' and 'Details' and for filters of the 'Analyze'.

sorry, still not clear. are you suggesting a new feature or is there a bug in the application? or is there a mistake in one of my posts in this thread?

A new feature for filters of the 'Analyze' (So as I gave the example on 'Odd/Even + Low/High' with selected statistical values). To be made and their 'Back-Test' from 'Complex Filter' and 'Summary 'and' Details' from 'Custom Analyzer'.
teoman

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your sincere and detail reply!!

not sure what you mean here

Sorry, this is my misunderstanding. I have understood it now, thanks!

if you click menu 'winning numbers - analyze'

I see totally! I have found the statistical analysis for Wining Numbers in the menu “Winning Numbers-- Analyzer”. There are 3 statistical analysis: Tickets in the Package, Winning Number Draws for Interval and Winning Numbers in EL5. But there are only 2 statistical analysis: Tickets in the Package and Winning Numbers. It’s great!!

the selection of past draws for interval analysis in both cases serves only to calculate columns latest/min interval/max interval etc. you can skip this option if you're interested in occurrences only.

The analysis about Winning Number Draws for Interval is a new tool in EL5. I need to learn it carefully first, then find some tips for it.

don't know which strategy you're referring to

When we select the setting of Tickets in the Package and when select the setting of Winning Numbers for the statistical calculation. However, I think Padawan needs to update his strategy about that for EL5 since the new analysis of Past draws for interval.

“???”

In my opinion, the time of any statistical analysis including BT should be longer than general analysis.
And we can look at the calculation process obviously on the screen as by using Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers. (see the attachment) But I can not find the similar process when I was making the BT statistical analysis by using Complex Filter. I’m not sure how can Complex Filter work for BT statistical calculation and what’s their difference between Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers and Complex Filter for the process?

Also, there is only one setting of Winning Numbers in Complex Filter instead 3 settings of Tickets in the Package, Winning Number Draws for Interval and Winning Numbers in Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers. (see the attachment) Please let me know what is my misunderstanding for BT statistical analysis by using Complex Filter. Thanks.

click 'add filter' and select 'statistical filter' again from the filter tree.

Yes, I got it, thank you so much!!! However, I'm still not sure what's its use about the button of Add on the bottom of the page (not the botton of Add Filter on the right side of the page)? The selecting task seems to be finished for selecting the count of filters and analysis content by using the buttons of Add filter & Analyze.(see the attachment)

Best regards,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 pm

lottoboy wrote:The analysis about Winning Number Draws for Interval is a new tool in EL5. I need to learn it carefully first, then find some tips for it.

no, it's not. in version 4.x the statistical tables always show columns 'latest', 'min skip', 'max skip' etc. in version 5 you can skip calculation of these columns by unticking 'analyze draw intervals' check box in analyzer wizard window.

In my opinion, the time of any statistical analysis including BT should be longer than general analysis.
And we can look at the calculation process obviously on the screen as by using Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers. (see the attachment) But I can not find the similar process when I was making the BT statistical analysis by using Complex Filter. I’m not sure how can Complex Filter work for BT statistical calculation and what’s their difference between Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers and Complex Filter for the process?

Also, there is only one setting of Winning Numbers in Complex Filter instead 3 settings of Tickets in the Package, Winning Number Draws for Interval and Winning Numbers in Package/Winning Numbers Analyzers. (see the attachment) Please let me know what is my misunderstanding for BT statistical analysis by using Complex Filter. Thanks.

pls wait till i finish the documentation. i'm afraid any discussion in this regard would be a waste of time.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:21 am

i'm afraid any discussion in this regard would be a waste of time

Why?
lottoboy

Postby stan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 am

lottoboy wrote:
i'm afraid any discussion in this regard would be a waste of time

Why?

it took me 3 days to explain to you that you have to click a combo box. i'm afraid explaining the differences between analyzers, filters and back-test would 3 weeks worth of conversation
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 am

3 weeks worth of conversation

Really? Why not be brief and to the point?
You would be a professor of university. :mrgreen:
lottoboy

Postby stan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:56 pm

lottoboy wrote:
3 weeks worth of conversation

Really? Why not be brief and to the point?
You would be a professor of university. :mrgreen:

i don't find this funny
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests