SUMMARY OF CHECKING EL5

Re: SUMMARY OF CHECKING EL5

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:46 am

Yeah Mine is the same Lottoboy, the size is ok for me, as I said in my prevous post.

If so, maybe my vision is begining to the presbyopia.

Stan, could you improve the font in EL5 as in EL4 for the members who have the presbyopia like me?
I'm so sorry for my presbyopia. Thanks.
Last edited by lottoboy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:58 am

Also, the list of all draws doesn’t have any changes when I have made a up-to-date for my winning numbers database.(see the attachment)

it works for me

Yes, it works for me too now, maybe, I forgot to Save it last time after editing it. I'm sorry about that!
lottoboy

5) The Simulation Back-test in EL5

Postby lottoboy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:52 am

Stan,

I’m sorry to bother you again during your vacation.

I can not find the function of Simulation Back-test in EL5 as in EL4. I’m not sure the function has been canceled in EL5 or keep it too but in another way?

Anyway, I think the function is still important for checking the simulation precision under the different settings such as different Level by using EL5.

Have a good vacation,
lb
lottoboy

Re: 4) The Font of Help Menu.

Postby stan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 pm

PadawanLotto wrote:
stan wrote:
lottoboy wrote:Stan,

The font of Help Menu in EL5 is too small to read.

anybody else finds the font help window too small?
My help section is empty.

click menu 'tools - plugins - available plugins', there should be one new module with update help topics you need to download and install.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Got it stan thanks.
PadawanLotto

6) The performance of Charts of WNH in EL5

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:03 am

Stan,

There is not the Point which can point the each draw clearly in the Charts of WNH as in EL4. (see the attachment) in EL5. I can not find some draws in the Charts of WNH in EL5 even I have tried to drag those by moving my mouse whatever.

For example, I can not find the draws of 01-08-10 and 06-14-10 …etc in the Chart of Differences of WNH in EL5. It will bring some difficulty for comparing the changes between draws.(see the attachment)

The similar problem exists in other Charts of WNH in EL5.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

7) About the function of What if in EL5.

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:14 am

Stan,

I have understood the function of What if which can make a simulation draw in the Charts of WNH Filters.

However, I don’t think the function is useful to make a simulation draw correctly in EL5. The reasons are as below:

1) For making some backtests by using What if

The simulation draw made by What if in the Charts of WNH when we’re making some backtests is not useful to help improving our simulating ability since the ticket in the “What if Bar” is real Winning Numbers of next draw instead simulated by EL5 or by us. In fact, it’s a real draw but a true simulation.

2) For predicting the next draw by using What if

As you know , it’s too difficulty to predict the next draw by using only one ticket. So, the simulation draw made by What if in the Chart of WNH is no any sense or will gave us the wrong results when we’re predicting the next draw.
In fact, we can use the simulation results from the function of Simulation in EL5 to estimate the interval area where the chart maybe shift to after the next draw by dragging both horizontal buttons on the right side of the Chart instead the simulation draw made by only one ticket in the What if Bar.

Stan, where is the function of Draw Simulation in EL5 as in EL4? I think the function is useful to make simulation draw which comes from the results of Simulation directly in the Chart.

Please let me know if my understanding above is wrong. Thanks.
lottoboy

8) About the Summary History in EL5

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:25 am

Stan,

To be frankly , there are some new features which display the properties of WNH very well in the Summary History Window. Thanks for your great job!!

However, I have some suggestions still as below:

1) The indications of Sum and Diff. separately in the Simulation Table is good point really! However, there should be the latest Diff. in the column of Latest instead still the latest Sum after clicking the button of Show as Diff.;(see the attachment)

2) Could you indicate the latest and the peak value of Sum and Diff. on the statistical Bar chart? (see the attachment)

3) Could you change the Bar chart to Line chart for Segmentation like the Sum and Diff. since the Bar chart is more difficult to make analysis than Line chart?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby Jerzy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 am

Stan,
There is no latest difference in the simulation table, but we should remember that the latest sum in the simulaton table is always equal to the differrence of 0 for the next draw.

It would be helpful if the latest sum and the most represented sum or difference in the current full package ( "The toppest difference" according to lottoboy) were marked on the simulation charts. Marking Median and Average is not that useful. Sometimes 2 or 3 "topest" sums/differences on the chart have a similar value, and it is necessary to spend some time to identify the "toppest" value manually.

Traditionally, the filtering with History Sums filter is centred around the difference of 0. The better results might be achieved if we center the filtering around the "toppest" sum/difference and filter +/- 10 or +/- 20 or similar range around the "toppest" value. It would be very useful if it was possible to transfer the "toppest" values to the history sums filter automatically.
Last edited by Jerzy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jerzy

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:27 am

The better results might be achieved if we center the filtering around the "toppest" difference and filter +/- 10 or +/- 20 or similar range around the "toppest" difference

Jerzy,

You are right! This is the famous Gaussian Distribution in statistics. Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 pm

It would be very useful if it was possible to transfer the "toppest" differences values to the history sums filter automatically.

Jerzy,

Your suggestion above is a reall great point!!! If so, the predicting precision of EL would be improved obviously!
However, I'm afraid Stan has to change the algorithm of EL partly for that.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Jerzy,

I have two basic questions about EL5 as below:

1) As you know, it’s really necessary to open more than one window of EL5 on same screen as in EL4 when we’re plying the game. But I find I can’t in EL5 what ever I click it form the Desktop or Bin and only one window of EL5 is here always. What’s the wrong with my operation about the function? Thanks.

2) As you know, it’s very easy to find Winning ticket in the Package by setting the ticket into Favorite Bar and clicking the button of Search when we’re making the backtests in EL4. But I find the basic function seems to disappear and I have to invoke the Find from Edit to check the Winning ticket in the Package after every filtering in EL5. (see the attachment) My operation about it must be wrong! Could you give me some instructions? Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Jerzy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 am

lottoboy,

To see on your screen several windows simultaneously, you have to undock and arrange them in appropriate order. To undock a window, first open it, next go to Window in the toolbar and click on Undock Window. When it is undocked, adjust its size, and move it to the appropriate place on your screen. Then undock next window.

The way you are using to find a ticket in the package is correct. If you cannot find a ticket in the package, it means the ticket was filtered out, or it wasn't there at all.
Jerzy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:07 am

Hi, Jerzy:

Thanks for your sincere help!!

you have to undock and arrange them in appropriate order

In other words, we can not open more than one windows of EL5 as in EL4. However, we can achieve the same goal
like EL4 by opening the Undock in EL5. First, we need to open the applications we requested on the main window which should be only one in EL5, then, open the Undock and arrange them in appropriate order. Is it correct?

The way you are using to find a ticket in the package is correct.

If so, it's too inconvenient to check winning number in the Package. As you know, we have to find the winning # in the Package for checking the validity of Filters used by us when we're making some backtests. This is a high frequent operation. We can do that easily in EL4 but why we can't in EL5? Maybe, my last post about it was not clear. Do you check the winning # in the Package by re-invoking the page of Find Ticket from Edit, then re-selecting the #s on the Panel and re-clicking the button of Find again and again after EVERY FILTERING unlike EL4? Is it correct?

Thanks for your sincere and detail instruction again!!!
lottoboy

Postby Jerzy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 am

lottoboy,

To check a winning combination in the package use "Check Winnings..." in the Package menu. It is very convenient.

And I edited my post of 10 August.
Last edited by Jerzy on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerzy

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests