SUMMARY OF CHECKING EL5

Re: SUMMARY OF CHECKING EL5

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 am

Hi, Jerzy:

Thanks for your nice reply!!!

use "Check Winnings..." in the Package menu

This is a good idea! However, there is a problem in using the Function of Check Package Winnings.

The winning # in the box of Check Package Winnings is the latest one but the next ticket. The next ticket which just we need to find in the Package can not be saved and we have to re-put the # into the box again and again when re-opening the Page of Check Package Winnings. For example, the latest winning # = 04-11-16-25-26-34 which is the default setting in the box of Check Package Winnings and the next winning # = 02-07-11-19-22-29 which just we need to put in the box and check in the Package. (see the attachment)

Really, we can put the next # (2-7-11-19-22-29) into the box to replace the current one first, then to find the status of the next winning # in the current Package by clicking the button of Check. But we have to re-put the next # again and again when re-opening the window since the default setting and we can not save the next # into the box too.(see the attachment)

The function designed by Stan is used to check your bet easily after the next draw. Also, the default setting # is always kept with your up-to-dating winning #s database synchronously. The operation is the same with using Find from Edit in fact. How about your current operation about the FIND?

Best regards,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby Jerzy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:51 am

I can't see any problem with using Check Winnings. Of course, if you want to check the package for winnings again and again, you have to do it again and again. Nobody will do it for you.
Jerzy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi, Jerzy:

Thanks for your reply!

I can't see any problem with using Check Winnings

I'm still not clear what you mean above? As you know, we don't need to put the next winning # into the Favorites Bar
again and again but just one time when we're checking the Winning # in the Package after every filterings in EL4. I don't believe that the EL5 is far from convenient for finding winning # in the Package which is the basic and high frequent operation. Isn't this problem?

To avoid a misunderstanding , I have to make the confirmation about it as below again:

Maybe you can save the next # into the box in Checking Package Winning to use it continually after you put the next # into the box in the first time. Or you can open an Undock window for your CPW page. If so, you’re right that you don’t have any problem to use the Checking Package Winning indeed.

But I can’t since the latest # in the box of CPW is default setting in my EL5. I have to re-put the next # into the box each time again and again because the next # has disappeared from the box when I re-open the CPW. Also, I can not open the page of CPW as the UNDOCK window on my screen too.

I do hope I have explained my question clearly.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Stan,

Could you give me an answer abuot the function of Find in EL5 mentioned in my last posts? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:41 am

If I recall correctly I think Stan is on holidays.
Falcon

Postby lottoboy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:42 am

Falcon wrote:If I recall correctly I think Stan is on holidays.

I know, but I met Stan about 30 minuts ago on the Forum.
Also, he can make an answer to me briefly.
lottoboy

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:10 am

So Stan can only have a holiday if you let him?

falcon
Falcon

Postby lottoboy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Falcon wrote:So Stan can only have a holiday if you let him?

falcon

Stan and some members:

Maybe, there are some misunderstandings between us because I have posted so many questions about EL5 since last month.

The reason is simple that I have a longer vacation from last month to this month and I want to learn EL5 carefully by using the rare freetime. Naturally, the more learning , the more questioning. The goal is only one that do our best seriously for EL5 being the best really even my speech is frank sometime!

Of course, all my questions mentioned in my posts may are not valid totally. Maybe, some are my misunderstandings to EL5, or some are useful requests which have not yet implemented into EL5, or some are bugs existed in EL5 indeed.

As a senior member, I know Stan has made a great job since only one people is in the EL Team now. Not only he’s doing the EL program and documents but replying the questions in the Forum. Too many tasks to finish by one people! And Stan has his job, family, ... etc. Indeed, Stan needs a good vacation. I’m concerned him very much like other members.

Stan, I’m sorry about my so many questions. However, you can answer me later.

I do hope you can understand me!!

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 am

Jerzy wrote:lottoboy,
To see on your screen several windows simultaneously, you have to undock and arrange them in appropriate order. To undock a window, first open it, next go to Window in the toolbar and click on Undock Window. When it is undocked, adjust its size, and move it to the appropriate place on your screen. Then undock next window.

Stan, Jerzy, and other members:

Help please!!!

Now I want to open both windows of Charts and Simulation in Summary History simultaneously on my screen . But I can’t that always only one window in Summary History can be opened even I have used Undock/Dock or whatever.(see the attachment) Could you tell me what’s wrong with my operation? Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 pm

i've enlarged the fonts in help viewer window again
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: 6) The performance of Charts of WNH in EL5

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm

lottoboy wrote:Stan,

There is not the Point which can point the each draw clearly in the Charts of WNH as in EL4. (see the attachment) in EL5. I can not find some draws in the Charts of WNH in EL5 even I have tried to drag those by moving my mouse whatever.

For example, I can not find the draws of 01-08-10 and 06-14-10 …etc in the Chart of Differences of WNH in EL5. It will bring some difficulty for comparing the changes between draws.(see the attachment)

The similar problem exists in other Charts of WNH in EL5.

yes, it's quite strange. probably some virus must have eaten those chart points.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: 7) About the function of What if in EL5.

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:26 pm

lottoboy wrote:Stan,

I have understood the function of What if which can make a simulation draw in the Charts of WNH Filters.

However, I don’t think the function is useful to make a simulation draw correctly in EL5. The reasons are as below:

1) For making some backtests by using What if

The simulation draw made by What if in the Charts of WNH when we’re making some backtests is not useful to help improving our simulating ability since the ticket in the “What if Bar” is real Winning Numbers of next draw instead simulated by EL5 or by us. In fact, it’s a real draw but a true simulation.

2) For predicting the next draw by using What if

As you know , it’s too difficulty to predict the next draw by using only one ticket. So, the simulation draw made by What if in the Chart of WNH is no any sense or will gave us the wrong results when we’re predicting the next draw.
In fact, we can use the simulation results from the function of Simulation in EL5 to estimate the interval area where the chart maybe shift to after the next draw by dragging both horizontal buttons on the right side of the Chart instead the simulation draw made by only one ticket in the What if Bar.

Stan, where is the function of Draw Simulation in EL5 as in EL4? I think the function is useful to make simulation draw which comes from the results of Simulation directly in the Chart.

Please let me know if my understanding above is wrong. Thanks.

i'm sorry but i don't understand any of the above.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,
There is no latest difference in the simulation table, but we should remember that the latest sum in the simulaton table is always equal to the differrence of 0 for the next draw.

It would be helpful if the latest sum and the most represented sum or difference in the current full package ( "The toppest difference" according to lottoboy) were marked on the simulation charts. Marking Median and Average is not that useful. Sometimes 2 or 3 "topest" sums/differences on the chart have a similar value, and it is necessary to spend some time to identify the "toppest" value manually.

Traditionally, the filtering with History Sums filter is centred around the difference of 0. The better results might be achieved if we center the filtering around the "toppest" sum/difference and filter +/- 10 or +/- 20 or similar range around the "toppest" value. It would be very useful if it was possible to transfer the "toppest" values to the history sums filter automatically.

i'm not sure it's necessary to know the exact highest point in simulation histogram. however you can zoom any portion of the histogram and the zoomed range is automatically transferred to 'my estimates' window. i believe this is faster and more convenient than adding +/- range to the highest chart value and entering it to my estimates window manually.

see also here: http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=91
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:32 pm

lottoboy wrote:Now I want to open both windows of Charts and Simulation in Summary History simultaneously on my screen .

you can't. there can be only one summary history window and one latest history window.
but i'll upload a new app update soon where it'll be possible to open multiple history windows.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 am

stan wrote:i've enlarged the fonts in help viewer window again

Thanks! Stan.
lottoboy

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests