Number movement by position

Number movement by position

Postby Gatsby » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Stan,

I´m sending this request as to improve the "Number Movement" by position filter. In this filter as i understand it you won´t have to specify the amount of movement in each position in respect to last draw:

If in draw t-1 you had: 7, 8, 22, 40, 49,50
and in t0 draw: 1, 12, 21, 30, 33,50

The movement is (down, up, down, dow, down, maintain) and "these" are the combinations the filter removes. But what about if i wanted to filter the movement patterns from some range back in time. For instance filter all movement patterns from the last 10 draws.

In addition it also would be interesting to to see this number movement apllied to each digit.

7, 8, 22, 40, 49,50
1, 12, 21, 30, 33,50

Movement 2 digits: (d,u,d,d,d,m)
1.st digit (m,u,m,d,d,m)
2.nd digit (d,d,d,m,d,m)

Finally, could also the filter be apllied to the paterns that emerged from all past draws that had the last same first Pick number as the first number of the combination drawn? A sort of tracking applied to this filter.

Is this a thing that can already be achieved in EL5 or does it need it to be implemented?

Regards
Last edited by Gatsby on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatsby

Re: Number movement by position

Postby stan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I´m sending this request as to improve the "Number Movement" by position filter. In this filter as i understand it you don´t have to specify the amount of movement in each position in respect to last draw:

If in draw t-1 you had: 7, 8, 22, 40, 49,50
and in t0 draw: 1, 12, 21, 30, 33,50

The movement is (down, up, down, dow, down, maintain) and "these" are the combinations the filter removes. But what about if i wanted to filter the movement patterns from some range back in time. For instance filter all movement patterns from the last 10 draws.

In addition it also would be interesting to to see this number movement apllied to each digit.

7, 8, 22, 40, 49,50
1, 12, 21, 30, 33,50

Movement 2 digits: (d,u,d,d,d,m)
1.st digit (m,u,m,d,d,m)
2.nd digit (d,d,d,m,d,m)

Finally, could also the filter be apllied to the paterns that emerged from all past draws that had the last same first Pick number as the first number of the combination drawn? A sort of tracking applied to this filter.

i think i understand everything you're asking for except for the last sentence.

Is this a thing that can already be achieved in EL5 or does it need it to be implemented?

you could do some of those things above using the current number movement filter but it would be a lot of clicking...
please feel free to add new feature request
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 am

Please follow the example:

draw number 21: 14,23,34,35,40
draw number 22: 6,12,15,28,30

draw number 34: 14,16,18,38,41
draw number 35: 11,25,27,32,32

draw number:75: 14,18,39,40,41
draw number: 76: 8,10,21,32,50

draw number: 112: 14, 25,26,44,49
next draw ? :

In this hipotethicall cenario you have three draws each comenced by 14, and the subsequent number movements are different. This is what i meant by tracking.
My goal with this filter is not only filter the number movement in each position applied from last draw (stats - latest 1 - ocorrence 1) but the filter would permit to:

- filter from last x range of last draws (example: number movement pattern from ten last draws, etc)
- filter the movement patterns arising from all previous draws that started by 14).

and of course apllyable to whole number or first/last digit.

Maybe it´s better to improve the "Number movement" filter and create a "Number movement by position" filter, both with the capabilities exposed (apply to: 1 draw, a range of draws, or considering the pattern for the group of draws from the same "family", and BTW, this ideia could be implemented in a lot more of filters...don´t you think?)

Hope it is clearer now Stan,

Regards
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 pm

there are 'number announcers' stats available, isn't it what you're looking for?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:22 pm

stan wrote:there are 'number announcers' stats available, isn't it what you're looking for?

Hi Stan,

I don´t think so. I understand what you are saying, but I´m looking to filter movement patterns, not look at the probability of some number come after one is drawn. I guess that behind this "tracking" ability i´m after is the same principle as in "announcers", because it works only with the draws started by the same number but it´s not the same. And anyway you can´t use annoucers in a stats filter. I think "announcers" is a good statistic but may have space to improvement...to became more operational, maybe inside a stats filter, if one considers the different distribution of numbers that occuour in each draw (something to be better studied).

But, please tell me if it´s valid to include this as a feature request along with improvement in "Number Movement" and the creation of "Number movement by position" filters, and i will add it to mantis? Or if it needs more development from my part?

in this sentence in particular "filter the movement patterns arising from all previous draws that started by 14" i just suppose that in the window where you select draw (all, except, latest range, ...) it would have to appear a new option like "all from same group of latest one" or something that you think more appropriate.

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 pm

i'm still not sure i understand what you're asking for.
if i extend the window for draw selection by adding an option to use any ticket filter to select past draws, would that cover your use case? for example you'd be able to select all past draws that have the sum of their winning numbers within given range. or select past draws that have e.g. numbers 1,2,3,4 at the first position and numbers 10,11,12,13 at the second position etc...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 am

Hi Stan,

Sorry, but i guess we might get going around circles.

First: i think there´s no doubt´s about what to improve in "Number movement" and what is pretended by "number movement by position" and "number movement by digit". In any of this cases what matters is the movement, up or down or mantain. Not the amount by which increases or decreases.

Second: At what range shall that apply?

i) to the last draw: filtering tickets that share the same combination of movement between the last two draws.

ii) to a range of tickets like the last ten: filtering all combinations of tickets that have the same combinatios of movements observed in the last ten
draws (or any other range the user fits into the window for draw selection)

or

iii) to the movements originated from the tickets that belong to the same "family"

Examplifing:

draw1: 1,3,23,34,45
draw2: 2,12,13,16,50
draw3: 1,6,22,36,40
draw4: 3,4,12,21,33
draw5: 1,15,29,46,47
draw6: 12,14,18,19,23
draw7: 1,7,18,34,50
next draw ?

filtering by i), filter movement equal from draw6 to draw7 (down, down,maintain, up,up)

filtering by ii) filter movement combinations equal from draw9 to draw10 (not present),draw 8 to 9, draw7 to 8,..., till draw1 to 2.

filtering by iii) filter movements equal from draw1 to 2, draw3 to 4 and draw5 to 6 (only from the ones that like the last one started by 1

Well Stan, this is it.

If you "extend the window for draw selection by adding an option to use any ticket filter to select past draws" would work but it has to select automatically all draws started by the same number as the first number of the latest draw and calculate all the subsequent movements from that draws. On the base of this it would filter all combinations in the package that share (there it would be good to select 4 to 5 movements, because there might be repetitions) that movements.

Note: combinations started by 1 or terminated in 50 (in my lottery) are quite a extreme case because they can´t go down further in caseof 1 or up in case of 50, cases in wich we consider the number to be maintened, i guess...

Regards,

PS: today i had sometime at my work and did the excell document attached. I think it explains well what is pretended. Please give your opinion and if you have some idea about it´s implementation or something that could be better.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Stan, any news on this?

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 pm

stan wrote:i'm still not sure i understand what you're asking for.
if i extend the window for draw selection by adding an option to use any ticket filter to select past draws, would that cover your use case? for example you'd be able to select all past draws that have the sum of their winning numbers within given range. or select past draws that have e.g. numbers 1,2,3,4 at the first position and numbers 10,11,12,13 at the second position etc...

I guess it would, just as long it can be used in stats filter.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:07 pm

First: i think there´s no doubt´s about what to improve in "Number movement" and what is pretended by "number movement by position" and "number movement by digit". In any of this cases what matters is the movement, up or down or mantain. Not the amount by which increases or decreases.

number movement "1 to 48" means "up"
number movement "-48 to -1" means "down"
number movement "0 to 0" means "maintain"
(in a x/49 lottery)

i) to the last draw: filtering tickets that share the same combination of movement between the last two draws.

already possible, just select '1 latest draw'

ii) to a range of tickets like the last ten: filtering all combinations of tickets that have the same combinatios of movements observed in the last ten

also possible, just select '10 latest draws' and choose either 'all draws must pass' or 'at least one draw must pass'. however the former is very unlikely to happen. all 10 latest draws would have to have the same number movement pattern.

or

iii) to the movements originated from the tickets that belong to the same "family"

this should cover the extension to draw selection window that i was proposing.

maybe you're looking for some sort of 'number movement patterns' filter which doesn't care about absolute number movement values and checks up/down movement only. it is possible to implement such a specialized filter but the current number movement filter does the same job already. although it's not that convenient to use.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm

stan wrote:

number movement "1 to 48" means "up"
number movement "-48 to -1" means "down"
number movement "0 to 0" means "maintain"
(in a x/49 lottery)

already possible, just select '1 latest draw'

also possible, just select '10 latest draws' and choose either 'all draws must pass' or 'at least one draw must pass'. however the former is very unlikely to happen. all 10 latest draws would have to have the same number movement pattern.

or

this should cover the extension to draw selection window that i was proposing.

maybe you're looking for some sort of 'number movement patterns' filter which doesn't care about absolute number movement values and checks up/down movement only. it is possible to implement such a specialized filter but the current number movement filter does the same job already. although it's not that convenient to use.

Hi Stan, you got it. This is what i´m looking for "a number movement patterns filter". As you say, the actual number movement filter can do the job (not quite because it adresses to absolute number movement when used in a stats filter), and it´s not convenient/pratical to implement. And don´t forget about "number movement patterns - digits filter" too.

Can you implement both?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 am

Gatsby wrote:Can you implement both?

i can implement almost anything:)
please add issues for the new filters and i'll prioritize the list of outstanding issues after the initial release of version 5.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests