A problem with Analyzers

A problem with Analyzers

Postby Jerzy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Stan,
It appeared to me that hidding a draw result in the Winning Numbers Manager had no effect on the statistics in the Analyzers. The statistics appeared the same as before hidding the draw. In such situation, using the filters that are based on the WNH principle would bring about incorrect results.

I had a problem with data in the Winning Numbers Manager. The draw which should take place on 01/01/2011, was actually on 31/12/2010. I entered this draw with the date of 31/12/2010. In addition to that the Winning Numbers Manager entered a kind of empty draw with the date 01/01/2011 which probably caused the problem. I changed the date from 31/12 to 01/01 and removed the empty draw. Now the Analyzers respond correctly to hidding draws in the data base.
Jerzy

Re: A problem with Analyzers

Postby stan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm

i'm not sure i understand what this is about:)
what do you mean by 'empty draw'? and how did you enter such a draw?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Stan,

For special reasons the drawing can take place ahead of schedule, eg on 31 Dec 2010 instead of 1 Jan 2011. If I enter the actual date of drawing into the Winning Number Manager correctly as well as the winning combination, the Winning Numbers Manager enters also the scheduled date of drawing but without winning numbers. I call it an "empty draw" because it does not contain any combination of numbers. It is saved together with correct winning combination and probably becomes a part of data base. It can be hidden or removed. If I remove it, it comes back when I enter next draw result. Probably it corrupts the data base, so I decided to replace the real date of drawing with the scheduled one.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

using menu 'winning numbers - add' you can mark selected scheduled draw dates as 'void' by clicking 'no draw' button. if you then go to winning numbers manager and check option 'show all entries' these void draws will show with strike-through font.
if you add an out-of-schedule draw date in winning numbers manager, such an entry will show in red color.
in either case it shouldn't affect hiding of draws. naturally hiding a 'void' has no effect.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Stan!

When I am filtering with the Segment Combinations statistics in the Analyzer the Jackpot ticket is filtered out when the right values are being used. The error seems to be in all levels. The Segment Combinations History and the Segments filters seem to be ok because it does not filter out the Jackpot ticket when the right values are being used.
Viking

Postby stan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Viking wrote:Hi Stan!

When I am filtering with the Segment Combinations statistics in the Analyzer the Jackpot ticket is filtered out when the right values are being used. The error seems to be in all levels. The Segment Combinations History and the Segments filters seem to be ok because it does not filter out the Jackpot ticket when the right values are being used.

i'll look at it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

stan wrote:

i'll look at it

i've tried it with the demo '6/49' lottery and it seems to be working fine - i opened summary history window, wrote down the segment combinations for the latest draw, hid the latest draw, analyzed 10 latest draws (without the actual latest one), filtered the full package for the given segment combinations and the jackpot ticket was left in the package after filtering...

did you use different steps when experiencing the problem with filtering from segment combinations analyzer table?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

stan wrote:
stan wrote:

i'll look at it

i've tried it with the demo '6/49' lottery and it seems to be working fine - i opened summary history window, wrote down the segment combinations for the latest draw, hid the latest draw, analyzed 10 latest draws (without the actual latest one), filtered the full package for the given segment combinations and the jackpot ticket was left in the package after filtering...

did you use different steps when experiencing the problem with filtering from segment combinations analyzer table?

Hi Stan!

Sorry to bother you with this, because nothing is wrong. I have not tested this filter against the Segment Combinations History filter and the Segments filter since I did write about the error, so I have not seen that everything is ok until today. I have tried to figure out what I have been doing wrong to get this error at that moment. The cause must be that I have not hidden the draw before analysing the statistics and that should not happen :lol:.

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests