Save to file (package)

Save to file (package)

Postby ameriken » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:53 am

Stan, when saving a package to file, can there be a feature so we can enter a description in addition to naming the file? I often find myself wanting to put some kind of notes with the save so when I reopen the file, I can look at it's details. For example, I am usually experimenting with different filters, and I'd like to save some notes with the file as to what kind of filters I used for each specific package, and some other notes.

Thanks.
ameriken

Re: Save to file (package)

Postby stan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 pm

well, technically it is possible but i'd rather avoid it. if i add support for comments in ticket files then the i/o performance would degrade a little bit - when reading a file i'd have to check for the notes section first and then read the actual ticket numbers.
windows operating system supports file names up to 255 chars long (i think) so descriptive file names should be a workaround for this.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: Save to file (package)

Postby ameriken » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 pm

stan wrote:well, technically it is possible but i'd rather avoid it. if i add support for comments in ticket files then the i/o performance would degrade a little bit - when reading a file i'd have to check for the notes section first and then read the actual ticket numbers.
windows operating system supports file names up to 255 chars long (i think) so descriptive file names should be a workaround for this.

Thanks, I've already been doing that to an extent, but I'll see if I can make a little better use out of it.
ameriken

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests