Minor requests

Minor requests

Postby ameriken » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Stan, this is no big issue, but one of those things that makes life just a little bit easier.

I'n the 'summary history' section, I'd like to see if the software will remember our last settings.

For example, I like to set the appearance to show 'difference and history'. Then, there is +/- toggle that turns on the pink/blue highlights for the positive and negative differences, and I like to have the highlights on. Then, when I am in the history charts I always turn on the 'average value' highlight so the yellow line is present.

Instead of having to reset these, can the program be set to remember our last settings, or is there a way to set our own defaults so we don't have to change them everytime we go to this section?

Thanks.
ameriken

Re: Minor requests

Postby stan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

not a big problem, but please enter it into our issue tracker here: http://expertlotto.com/issues
thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ameriken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 am

In the winning games analyzer, you have a 'consecutive draws' field which tells how many times each number repeated from one draw to another. However, that is where the information stops. Can this be set up to include all the same info that you have with the other analyzers, such as 'due', 'occurance', 'latest', etc?

I also have a question, Gail Howard has some interesting charts, such as 'games out of view', 'skips', etc. Does EL5 have anything that mimics some of her charts. Some of those I am particularly interested in are the 'games out of view', 'skip and hit' charts, 'drawings since hit' charts. In EL5, the closest you have to her 'drawings since hit' chart is the 'winning numbers' 'show as' 'matrix'. I love this chart however the only thing missing is how many draws have gone by between hits.

I was just wondering if I am missing anything that may come close to what she has, or if there will be anything that mimics these charts without infringing on her precious copyrights?

Thanks.
ameriken

Postby niceguy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am

Hi ameriken

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have put in requests that sound very similar to what you are talking about. I think these would be really great to have in Expert Lotto.

Click on the three links below :-

http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=100

http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=101

http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=102

Hope this helps. :D
niceguy

Postby stan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:24 am

ameriken wrote:In the winning games analyzer, you have a 'consecutive draws' field which tells how many times each number repeated from one draw to another. However, that is where the information stops. Can this be set up to include all the same info that you have with the other analyzers, such as 'due', 'occurance', 'latest', etc?

you can show 'interval details' in ticket numbers analyzer table. then you'll get the sequence of draw intervals and how many times each interval repeats.

I also have a question, Gail Howard has some interesting charts, such as 'games out of view', 'skips', etc. Does EL5 have anything that mimics some of her charts. Some of those I am particularly interested in are the 'games out of view', 'skip and hit' charts, 'drawings since hit' charts. In EL5, the closest you have to her 'drawings since hit' chart is the 'winning numbers' 'show as' 'matrix'. I love this chart however the only thing missing is how many draws have gone by between hits.

i don't have GH software so i don't know how those charts look like.
the interval details mentioned above aren't good enough?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ameriken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 pm

niceguy wrote:Hi ameriken

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have put in requests that sound very similar to what you are talking about. I think these would be really great to have in Expert Lotto.

Yep, exactly the same thing, thanks. That info would be really helpful.
ameriken

Postby ameriken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:21 pm

stan wrote:you can show 'interval details' in ticket numbers analyzer table. then you'll get the sequence of draw intervals and how many times each interval repeats.

Stan, no problem on the other GH charts, niceguy has addressed those.

As for the 'interval detail in the ticket numbers analyzer', unless I'm missing something, the ticket analyzer doesn't provide the information I'm looking for.

The consecutive draws table only tells us how many times a number has repeated twice in a row, 3 in a row, etc.

Here is how I used EL5 that led to my original question:

In many pick 5 and pick 6 games, 1 or 2 of the numbers from one draw will repeat in the immediate next draw.

The numbers 2-10-13-22-32 were recently drawn. In this particular Cash 5 game, the 'repeating numbers [1]' analyzer tells me that 1 number from the prior draw is due to draw again.

The next question is: which number? I'll compare the 22 and 32.

The ticket number analyzer tells me 22 has been drawn 584 times, and 32 has drawn 646 times.

The consecutive draws analyzer tells me that 22 has repeated twice in a row 66 times, and 32- 84 times.

Thats still not enough info to decide which number has a better chance of repeating in tonites drawing.

If I go back and forth between the ticket number and consecutive draw analyzers with a calculator, I can figure that 22 repeats 11.3% of the time, and 32 repeats 13% of the time, which makes 32 a bit more appealing. The problem is with 5 or 6 numbers to do this is time consuming. I also don't know when the last time each of those numbers were drawn twice in a row, if they are due to draw twice in a row, etc. If 32 was recently drawn twice in a row, I may not want to use it.

In the end, I did correctly predict 22 as one of my 5 numbers. It was time consuming to go back and forth between tables trying to figure out the %'s, which was due to draw twice in a row, etc.

So can EL5 be configured so that the consecutive draws analyzer has the same columns (intervals, due, latest, etc) as all the other analyzers, or perhaps even combined with the ticket number analyzer?

Or maybe I am missing something? Thanks for your help.
ameriken

Postby stan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ameriken wrote:
stan wrote:you can show 'interval details' in ticket numbers analyzer table. then you'll get the sequence of draw intervals and how many times each interval repeats.

Stan, no problem on the other GH charts, niceguy has addressed those.

As for the 'interval detail in the ticket numbers analyzer', unless I'm missing something, the ticket analyzer doesn't provide the information I'm looking for.

The consecutive draws table only tells us how many times a number has repeated twice in a row, 3 in a row, etc.

Here is how I used EL5 that led to my original question:

In many pick 5 and pick 6 games, 1 or 2 of the numbers from one draw will repeat in the immediate next draw.

The numbers 2-10-13-22-32 were recently drawn. In this particular Cash 5 game, the 'repeating numbers [1]' analyzer tells me that 1 number from the prior draw is due to draw again.

The next question is: which number? I'll compare the 22 and 32.

The ticket number analyzer tells me 22 has been drawn 584 times, and 32 has drawn 646 times.

at this point i'd highlight number 22 in 'ticket numbers' analyzer table and display interval details.
the table on the right will tell how many times 22 has been drawn in a consecutive draw. and the chart or the table on the left will tell me how long ago this happened.
then i'd highlight number 32 and check its interval details.
the same for other numbers from the previous draw...

i can implement analyzer-like table for consecutive draws but there would have to be a table for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ... consecutive draws...
i think the interval details part of analyzer tables does the same job and is available for other statistical properties (pairs, odd/even...), not just ticket numbers.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ameriken » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Actually, that's perfect and does the job. I've never seen those tables before. Now I've got something new to work with, thanks.
ameriken

Postby niceguy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:32 am

ameriken wrote:
niceguy wrote:Hi ameriken

Yep, exactly the same thing, thanks. That info would be really helpful.

Hi ameriken
Glad to hear that the above was what you are looking for.

Hopefully Stan will find time to implement them soon, as I think they will be well used by Expert Lotto users :D ( I know he has been really busy lately doing more prioritive things)
niceguy

Postby ameriken » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes, I don't want Stan to turn this into Gail Howard, EL5 is absolutely awesome. I've been using it with success for 2 months now, and it seems that every few days I find something new that it does. I don't think there's anything that comes close to what EL5 does.

Gail Howard does have some excellent workout ideas as well, but I've heard that her software sucks (DOS system?). I do use some of her ideas (like the Games Out View), which is actually an excellent chart, but unfortunately that has to be done with pen and paper and can be time consuming. That is why I made the request.

Anyhow, thanks for putting that in and good luck!
ameriken

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests