Synchronicity of settings filter request

Synchronicity of settings filter request

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Stan,

Is it possible for you to implement a kind of synchronicity of settings filter with statistics, similar to Odd/Even + Low/High filter or Sum Root + Low/High filter?

It would consist of Adjacent Numbers + Reapeating Numbers[1] + Repeating Numbers [15] and would work in the Analyzers.

These filters can remove from the game approximately 1/3 of numbers from the total pool in the 5/45 game and it is the most efficient way of minimizing the package.
For example, when I filter the package of 1,221,759 tickets ( a 5/45 lottery) :

Adjacent Numbers = 0, Accept
Repeating Numbers [1], Accept
Repeating Numbers [15], Accept

the package size decreases to 42,504 tickets. It creates a point where further filtering starts to achieve a playable set of tickets.

The idea is to find a synchronicity of settings which occurs infrequently, maybe once per 5 to 15 drawings. Such synchronicity when used in filters would minimize the package significantly. It would not hit frequently, but if it hits ,it would guarantee a good result.

Of course, it is possible to use the existing filters one after another, or even build a complex filter, but statistical basis which is necessary to find the right synchronicity of filter setings is missing.
We need to know occurrences, particularly most common occurrences, latest occurrence, and what is due.

In the latest draw of the Australian Powerball there were 2 Adjacent Numbers, 0 Repeating Numbers [1], and 4 Repeating Numbers [15]. So the synchronicity for this filter would be 2 - 0 - 4. It could minimize the package from 1,221,759 to 60,536 tickets and keep the jackpot ticket.
Jerzy

Re: Synchronicity of settings filter request

Postby stan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

well, it is possible but i'd rather introduce some generic solution instead of adding one specific analyzer table. next week someone might ask for a combination of 'odd/even + adjacent number' or anything else.
it's better to add some tool where you could combine any statistics together at will. please file a new request for it, thanks.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Mirel » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Now , when the number of people who want Synchronisation , increased , it's time to give a general solution that includes
only minor modifications of the software , solution found last summer . Write in a topic : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1448
There I wrote in detail about this new way : ONE BY ONE Latest draws ! , which is only a complement ,without spoiling anything of what is good ;
I hope my idea will be accepted :D .
Mirel

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Stan,

I withdraw my request for synchronicity of filters analyzer. It is much easier for me to export the winning numbers statistics to Excel and to do my own analysis. Thank you.
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Mirel,

I feel you are talking about someting important. Unfortunately, I cannot understand what you are trying to communicate to us. Could you try to explain your ideas again please? A short explanation but to the point would be good.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 am

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

I withdraw my request for synchronicity of filters analyzer. It is much easier for me to export the winning numbers statistics to Excel and to do my own analysis. Thank you.

i still think it's a good idea to let users combine various statistics together. it's not that much work on my side and it will expand application's flexibility. with this new feature you'll be able to track e.g. occurrences of number pairs with e.g. sum root values or anything else you might find interesting.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Stan,

If you do not mind implementing a Combination of Filters Analyzer, based on synchronicity of settings, which would be a further advancement in EL5, I can give you general ideas about it.
However, I must say I have not tested in practice my ideas yet.

We have 2 Analyzers in EL5. Each of them is capable of analyzing statistics for single filters and provides the filtering function. They are good, but they do not allow to find the right combination of 3 - 7 filters, which repeat 8 - 12 times per year or several times per year that could reduce the size of package dramatically. And the Properties table in the Winning Numbers shows synchronicity of winning filters setting, but it contains a lot of data and it is difficult or imposible to find occurrences of constellations of 3 -7 filters of user's choice, and whether the preferable constellation is due.

The purpose of the proposed analyzer is to find several group of filters with their specific setting which occur together, for example, 8 -12 times per year or less often. From these several groups we could select, after testing, one group which removes from the package the biggest proportion of tickets.

The Combinations of Filters Analyzer should provide enough space to accommodate from 2 to 7 filters of the user's choice with the possibility that not all 7 places are filled. There should be a list or menu of single filters from which the user would select the filters, forming filters combinations before running the analyzer. Ranges of settings would be necessary. But to allow aggressive filtering, the user should set narrow ranges.

I am afraid not all filters can be used in this analyzer, but you can build a menu of them gradually and include as many of them as you can. I see best chances in using the filters that are based directly on numbers: adjacent numbers, repeating numbers, number groups, numbers in columns and rows in the panel.

The information that I am looking for are the occurrences in the history of game (including the occurrences in %) and whether a constalletion of numbers is due.

It would be good if the analyzer had a switch to include/exclude package analysis. Including package analysis could be useful, but excluding it would make the analysis faster. And of course, selecting the chosen filter combination would invoke the filtering function.

Advantages of the Combinations of Filters Analyzer:

1. It would allow to build a small and playable package of tickets. Probably some additional filtering with single filters and safe setting will be needed to make the package really small. But such package would be capable of winning big several times per year.
2. No need to use minimizers which tend to remove the best tickets.
3. Quick filtering saves time.

Disadvantages:

1. Using the same group of filters week after week and waiting for the lucky drawing. The waiting can take longer than average.
Jerzy

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests