Sextet and More Filter

Sextet and More Filter

Postby goldenarm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 pm

I have been following the "Sextet Filter" thread as this filter interests me greatly, not only 6 but 7, 8, 9 and 10 number combinations would be great.

Over the last few weeks I have been using EL to analyse Australian Keno draws and have had some success creating a profit with 5 and 6 number combinations. It is a 20/80 draw with varying amounts for ticket selections with 500 draws per day, my main interest is in selecting 5-10 numbers per ticket. The large amount of draws means repeating combinations of 6,7,8,9 and 10 numbers do happen frequently.

My ballpark request :)

Analyze -> winning numbers -> select 6 to 10 -> where occurence = x or more

Analyze -> winning numbers -> select 6 to 10 -> includes number selection(select 5 to 9 numbers) -> where occurence = x or more

Analyse -> List -> winning number draws -> that contain number selection(select 6-10 numbers)

I do understand that this sort of filtering requires a large amount of memory and processing power, I am currently running the dev EL on my gaming machine, a i7 920 with 12g of DDR3 corsair dominator ram and have EL memory settings set to "-J-Xms512m -J-Xmx4096m", I have so far avoided any lockups or errors and I am very happy with the performance of EL. Maybe these filters could be added with a warning about melting someone's computer :)

Any feedback Stan on the posiibility of including/not including these filters or any potential problems you forsee would be appreciated.

Cheers
goldenarm

Re: Sextet and More Filter

Postby stan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:01 pm

there are 1 646 492 110 120 possible combinations of 10 numbers out of a pool of 80. the maximum count of items i can index in an array using java programming language is 4 294 967 296.
so i'd have to write a lot of extra code to implement the analyzer of combinations of 7/8/9/10 numbers. it's not like reusing an existing analyzer for pentads and increasing some constant from 5 to 6/7/8/9/10. technically it is possible but too much work to justify the development of this feature for a few users only. (unless you want to sponsor the development:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby goldenarm » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 am

I understand and I put them in as ballpark requests knowing full well what I was asking was probably out of the question, all good, how about this;

Can I run multiple instances of the dev build? I have tried by copying the folder to a different location and running both copies but when I run the second it just maximises the first instance although it is running from a different location.
goldenarm

Postby stan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 pm

goldenarm wrote:Can I run multiple instances of the dev build? I have tried by copying the folder to a different location and running both copies but when I run the second it just maximises the first instance although it is running from a different location.

you can, but you must start expert lotto with --userdir xxx command-line parameter where xxx is a folder on your disk (it doesn't have to exist yet). the application-wide settings will be stored in that folder. and you'll need to use your license key again to activate the extra instances of expert lotto.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests