Selecting Draws

Selecting Draws

Postby Gatsby » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Stan,

I think i´ve made this request already, or at least discussed it, but here it goes again:

I would like to have a costum draw selection based on:

all the draws subsequent to the draw that started with the same number as the latest draw. Why?

If look at some pattern of the last draw, it´s not expectable that the same pattern comes in the next draw. The same thing it´s applicable to the subset of all draws that come after the latest. If the latest started by 1 was 1, 12, 14, 21, 34 and the subsequent draw was 12, 29,35,43,45, if i get these week again 1, 4, 17, 32, 38, i don´t expect that the next draw will have same pattern equal to 12, 29, 35, 43, 45 (for instance, the same distances, the same group distribution, etc). If i could apply the filters to the "family of draws subsequent to the ones that come after a determined first number was drawn",i would make the filter more restrictive, comparing not only the patterns on the package with the last draw (or latest x draws, independently of the first number - this is how the filters work now) but to all (or latest x draws") that were drawn after the one with the same first number.

Thanks,
Last edited by Gatsby on Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatsby

Re: Selecting Draws

Postby stan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:40 pm

but what would you use that draw for? to analyze them or to compare them with package tickets when using various filters?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Stan,

To compare them with package tickets when using various filters and filter accordingly.

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 am

ok, please add a feature request to mantis. otherwise this will get lost in the traffic here...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:10 pm

ok Stan, i will.

thanks
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Mon May 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi Stan,

Can you please implement this in the next development version?

It would be much appreciated.

(Mantis issue 0000168 1 Other feature assigned (stan) 2017-06-11 Selecting Draws
)

I think it could be added as a filter to:

"Select Draws
This window opens up to select past draws from your winning numbers database. For example after clicking Select button in Winning Numbers Table
window.
All - selects all draws from the database
Latest - selects given number of the most recent draws.
Latest Range - selects a range of the most recent draws. For example selection Latest Range 3 to 6 will select four draws: the most recent draw
won't be selected, the second most recent draw also won't appear in the selection but the 3rd latest draw, 4th latest draw, 5th latest draw and 6th
latest draw will show in the selected range.
All Except - selects all draws from the database except for the given count of the most recent draws.
Oldest - selects the desired count of the oldest draws, i.e. a section from the beginning of the lottery history.
Range - selects draws between given calendar dates.

Filter - uses a regular ticket filter to select past draws. Click the button with three dots to open Select Filter window to pick a filter. The selected filter
will be applied on all past draws. Only draws that match filter condition will be included in the draw selection. This way you can pick for example all
past draws that "are subsequent to the ones which come after the one started by the last draw first pick number"

Thanks
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sat May 25, 2019 4:49 pm

I've been thinking about this a bit and I can't come up with a simple and clean solution that would select 'draws sub-sequent to some other draws'.
But I could add another draw selection type that would show the table of all past draws and you could hand-pick the draws you want to use in your filter. Would it work for you?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon May 27, 2019 9:47 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for being looking at this.

I guessed this was a simple implementation because the algorithm would be:

1) Identify the first picked number of last draw (or the cut off draw date). For instance if last draw was 1, 3, 14, 21, 38, then the 1st picked number is 1

2) Identify all previous draws that started by 1

3) Identify all dates from that draws

4) Identify all dates immediately subsequent to the ones identified in 3)

5) Selected matched draws for those dates identified in 4),

there´s your subset..

The objective was to turn this automatically, but if it is not possible i guess if i could hand pick each draw and create a file from that i could use it :) but how could i then update the file? Because if i would have to hand pick each subset every-time that would be very time consuming (Euromillions has now more than 1.000 draws, and i would have to go trough all of them to identify each subset....)
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon May 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Implementation is simple but I don't want to develop user interface for this kind of selection (and the actual selection algorithm) just for this specific and narrow use case. I can see other users asking to select 1/2/3/x draws subsequent to draw with desired odd/even ratio/ticket sum/sum root etc....
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon May 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Well, it´s possible that some other users might ask for that but that wouldn´t make much sense. What i´m asking is to be used in the same sense as a filter for "number annoucers", which is a concept that already exists in EL5.

It enables to study the numbers that follow some particular draw with a designated first pick.

But if you could implement a "draw selection type that would show the table of all past draws and you could hand-pick the draws you want to use in your filter", that would work just as long as i could save that hand picked list as you do for number groups and be able to add new hand picked draws to it.

What do you think?
Gatsby

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests