filter suggestions

filter suggestions

Postby andthen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 am

El is a very comprehensive program but it does miss some basic but nevertheless useful filters....which would be great to see added:

these are - average distance/gap between numbers, sum of the last digit, the total distance/spread from first to last, consecutive odd and evens (ie how many appear in a row) a pre-set multiples filter would be handy ...and a hot cold filter would be very useful addition...where you can adjust the parameters.

Of course it might be that some of these are already in there and I just haven't found them yet...!

Cheers
andthen

Re: filter suggestions

Postby stan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 am

please describe each filter in more details and i'll add them to my todo list
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby andthen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 am

ok well - and all of these would make useful analyzers too

average distance/gap - lets say numbers are 5, 9, 16, 21 22, 35, 43 - the total of all the different gaps is 38 then divide by 6 (the number of gaps) the average is 6.3. Most 7 games fall into a range of 4-7 or so.

another one along these lines is the different number of gaps so using the above example we have 4, 7, 5,1, 13 and 8 so there are six different gaps...most games fall between 3-6 different gaps.
Total Spread is the gap from the lowest to the highest number 5-43 in this case a spread of 38.

sum of the last digit - the above example gives a last digit sum of 30. the average of that would be 4.2

consecutive odd and even - the above example has 2 consecutive odd numbers (twice). THis can be as high as four. Similar to the patterns of OE but a bit more specific.

Multiples - can be both the multiples of 2,3,4,5,6,7 and also multiples of gaps of the same. For eg 2 times table - 2,4,6,8, etc, but gaps of two would also produce 1,3,5,7,9 etc - same can be applied to all multiples and gaps. some presets on these would be handy otherwise they need inputting by hand as number groups. So for eg it would be great to have them preloaded in sequence and up to the player to select a min and a max allowance...so with 2,4,6,8, 10, you can select 0-3 for eg.

And finally a hot cold filter....so there are varying definitions of what makes a hot number, but for the filtering purposes it would be whether it has been coming alot recently, regardless of its overall historical frequency. So lets say the number 31 is a low frequency number overall but it has come up 3 times in the last ten games which makes it hot. It is generally understood that about 90% of winning numbers have appeared in the previous ten games. It would be fantastic to have a filter that would allow the user to define a games range of what is hot...eg 5-15 as everyone has a different take on that. Then you could set the filter to say take 0-4 numbers from the last five games, then a further 2 numbers from games 5-10 and one from outside of ten. These selections would be adjustable by the user.

I was also thinking about a consecutive last digit filter too....using the example above again, there are three consecutive last digits...1,2,3 and a pair 5,6...it could be a useful analyzer + filter to be able to see how many games have consecutive last digits and if so how many so you can filter in or out tickets that you want.

Thanks!!!!
andthen

Postby stan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

andthen wrote:ok well - and all of these would make useful analyzers too

average distance/gap - lets say numbers are 5, 9, 16, 21 22, 35, 43 - the total of all the different gaps is 38 then divide by 6 (the number of gaps) the average is 6.3. Most 7 games fall into a range of 4-7 or so.

another one along these lines is the different number of gaps so using the above example we have 4, 7, 5,1, 13 and 8 so there are six different gaps...most games fall between 3-6 different gaps.
Total Spread is the gap from the lowest to the highest number 5-43 in this case a spread of 38.

sum of the last digit - the above example gives a last digit sum of 30. the average of that would be 4.2

consecutive odd and even - the above example has 2 consecutive odd numbers (twice). THis can be as high as four. Similar to the patterns of OE but a bit more specific.

which odd numbers are consecutive in your example?

Multiples - can be both the multiples of 2,3,4,5,6,7 and also multiples of gaps of the same. For eg 2 times table - 2,4,6,8, etc, but gaps of two would also produce 1,3,5,7,9 etc - same can be applied to all multiples and gaps. some presets on these would be handy otherwise they need inputting by hand as number groups. So for eg it would be great to have them preloaded in sequence and up to the player to select a min and a max allowance...so with 2,4,6,8, 10, you can select 0-3 for eg.

sorry, i don't understand this part. describe in more details/examples please, thanks.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby andthen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 am

hi,

sorry for not being clear...by consecutive, i mean, listed on the ticket consecutively....another eg 1, 5,9, 17,26, 27,42 this has 4 "consecutive" odd numbers...as opposed to this ticket 1,4,7,,16,21,28,43 which has none as they alternative with even numbers.

the gaps/multiples is really a way to filter out runs of same the distance/gap between numbers...eg 6,9,12,15, 18 is a run of 4 x a gap of 3. the same would also apply to 5,8,11,14,17 and 7,10,13,16,19..this could apply from 2- up to 10. it's really another form of consecutive but consecutive gaps or distances.

thanks
andthen

Postby stan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:12 pm

andthen wrote:hi,

sorry for not being clear...by consecutive, i mean, listed on the ticket consecutively....another eg 1, 5,9, 17,26, 27,42 this has 4 "consecutive" odd numbers...as opposed to this ticket 1,4,7,,16,21,28,43 which has none as they alternative with even numbers.

ok, all clear now

the gaps/multiples is really a way to filter out runs of same the distance/gap between numbers...eg 6,9,12,15, 18 is a run of 4 x a gap of 3. the same would also apply to 5,8,11,14,17 and 7,10,13,16,19..this could apply from 2- up to 10. it's really another form of consecutive but consecutive gaps or distances.

that's what 'neighbors distance' filter does, e.g. '4 to 4 neighboring numbers have distance of 3 to 3'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby andthen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Stan

hope you are well. think there might be a bug to report in the dev version. I am not sure but i have exported stats and used them to construct complex filters which when back tested reject games that according to the stats have passed. The troublesome stats are - min and max history differences and adjacent numbers being apparently misreported.

one idea for a filter is to create a number ranking cluster filter. At any given time - either entire game history, or last 50 or 30 games say the numbers are ranked in order of highest to lowest frequency. i usually use excel to give me a percent rank.

if you look at say Gail Howard's stats she has a cluster chart which lists the numbers in rank and which numbers came up for any given game. It is obvious at once that the numbers tend to follow a range of frequencies..from high to low but in clusters which are mostly quite neatly divided. This filter can be made manually for each game using "match numbers" but alternatively it could be done by the program - the program ranks the numbers by percentage you chose which areas you want to pick or filter from ...eg it could be broken into 4 or 5 groups - group 1 numbers ranked 1-9 and so on down...you could pick your numbers as you do in a number group...it's just that the number group will vary from week to week. hope this makes sense.

i was also wondering about where i can find instructions on how the vertical segments work? As i can't make head nor tail of them!!!

Cheers
andthen

Postby stan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:22 pm

andthen wrote:Hi Stan

hope you are well. think there might be a bug to report in the dev version. I am not sure but i have exported stats and used them to construct complex filters which when back tested reject games that according to the stats have passed. The troublesome stats are - min and max history differences and adjacent numbers being apparently misreported.

please provide more details, preferably with screenshots.
btw, those filters are the same in dev builds and the release version.

one idea for a filter is to create a number ranking cluster filter. At any given time - either entire game history, or last 50 or 30 games say the numbers are ranked in order of highest to lowest frequency. i usually use excel to give me a percent rank.

is it any different from sorting the analyzer table in ascending/descending order?
note that there's also 'highest' and 'lowest' operators in the statistical filter which operates with ranks, see the documentation for more details.
i was also wondering about where i can find instructions on how the vertical segments work? As i can't make head nor tail of them!!!

it's a new and experimental feature, it isn't documented yet. there's some info about it in this forum, search for da80th posts
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

another new idea!

Postby andthen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

HI Stan
I know you are bombarded with requests (and thank you for implementing some (one) of mine btw).

Here's another idea..complex filters are great, so is the statistical filter and analzyer but it can take alot of time when you want to input a lot of the same statistical filters.

So...have you ever thought of offering some automated, filtering "templates" so to speak...for eg...I want to use all the filters or as many as i want with one objective in mind which could be say - nothing that has ever appeared in all the history or nothing with a delay of 50+ and so on.

So instead of manually doing this for each each filter, there is a template or algorithm that you can pick and then select all your filters that you wish to include in that template and bingo - done in one move rather than individually doing maybe a hundred at one time!

And finally, I still think my idea of a filter for consecutive last digits per game is worth pursuing too. I have been tracking them in excel..when I have 50 i will email you a copy so you can see what i mean...45 games to go!!! Problem is i can't see what other patterns they might relate to....

best, A
andthen

Re: another new idea!

Postby stan » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 am

andthen wrote:HI Stan
I know you are bombarded with requests (and thank you for implementing some (one) of mine btw).

Here's another idea..complex filters are great, so is the statistical filter and analzyer but it can take alot of time when you want to input a lot of the same statistical filters.

So...have you ever thought of offering some automated, filtering "templates" so to speak...for eg...I want to use all the filters or as many as i want with one objective in mind which could be say - nothing that has ever appeared in all the history or nothing with a delay of 50+ and so on.

So instead of manually doing this for each each filter, there is a template or algorithm that you can pick and then select all your filters that you wish to include in that template and bingo - done in one move rather than individually doing maybe a hundred at one time!

That's what Complex Filters are for - setup (just once) a huge Complex Filter with Statistical Filters and then run it as the first step of your strategy. You can even post the filter here and share it with others...:)

And finally, I still think my idea of a filter for consecutive last digits per game is worth pursuing too. I have been tracking them in excel..when I have 50 i will email you a copy so you can see what i mean...45 games to go!!! Problem is i can't see what other patterns they might relate to....

Please add a feature request in Mantis. Otherwise it will be lost in the clutter in this board...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby timmac » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 pm

andthen wrote:average distance/gap - lets say numbers are 5, 9, 16, 21 22, 35, 43 - the total of all the different gaps is 38 then divide by 6 (the number of gaps) the average is 6.3. Most 7 games fall into a range of 4-7 or so.

Do these above filters now exist in EL5? or would you like me to have a go at making these?

andthen wrote:Total Spread is the gap from the lowest to the highest number 5-43 in this case a spread of 38.

Total Spread - this is available in my filter as Line Width, if you wish to give it a go

andthen wrote:Multiples - can be both the multiples of 2,3,4,5,6,7 and also multiples of gaps of the same. For eg 2 times table - 2,4,6,8, etc,

I've implemented these in the filter Multiples (Divs)

Regards
timmac

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests