Sums history returns zero

Sums history returns zero

Postby megawin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:34 am

I'm trying to use the sums history as described in the manual, I use History | Summary and choose all but the latest drawing. Then I key in min and max values at +/- 10 on either side of the last sums on the "My estimates" tab. Then run the Filter and it selects zero tickets out of 175mill (56/46 wheel). I've tried sums +/- 20 on either side and still zero is selected. Whats the trick?
megawin

Re: Sums history returns zero

Postby Kartuff » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I've tried sums +/- 20 on either side and still zero is selected. Whats the trick?

In 'My Estimates" window there are two buttons in the upper left corner: 1) Show estimates as differences... and 2) Show estimates as sum values.

I think you should select the first one.
Kartuff

Postby megawin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm definitely on the "Show estimates as differences" button. After more testing i've found if I only choose 5 levels I can get a few results
but they don't come close to predicting a winner. The fewer levels i choose the more results I get. Expanding the +- diffs does not seem
to help. Maybe this is normal but it does not seem to match what the manual describes.
megawin

Postby stan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

megawin wrote:I'm trying to use the sums history as described in the manual, I use History | Summary and choose all but the latest drawing. Then I key in min and max values at +/- 10 on either side of the last sums on the "My estimates" tab. Then run the Filter and it selects zero tickets out of 175mill (56/46 wheel). I've tried sums +/- 20 on either side and still zero is selected. Whats the trick?

Please post some screen shots here.
Btw, did you choose 'All draws without the latest one' also in the filter window?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests