Implementing Predictions

Implementing Predictions

Postby Howard » Fri May 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Stan: (Tried to post this a day ago. Looks like it didn't take)

To my questions, I am sort of getting back into the swing of things by working my way through the manual. My method entails reading the manual and validating my understanding of the how the program works by comparing my results to the results used as examples in the manual.
In the manual I'm at the "predictions" section now between what would be “3g” and “Show As” in the manual outline and have a few questions relating to some of my charts not conforming to the sample charts in the manual. Starting first with the charts and tables that do conform, the first table, i.e., the one with multiple colors at Position 2 and the second table, i.e., the table created after running the six step prediction analysis both conform completely to the sample table in the book.
We are then advised:
"If we let the predictor scan the whole database of past winning numbers then it will find the best matching pattern in draws 2006/23 Sun 2nd to 2006/24 Wed 2nd. Their numbers are 12, 16 and 30." …

When I run this instruction I get a table showing a complete listing of the 960 numbers and within the table the numbers 12, 16 and 30 at position 2 between 2006/23 Sun 2nd to 2006/24 Wed 2nd in the list. However, the range itself is not identified in any particular way either in the table or in the chart by the highlighting, marking or other indicator demonstrating that it has been found, selected or otherwise specifically identified by the predictor.
Next,
"What happens if we increase the pattern size from three numbers to 10 numbers? The latest pattern is then 6,11,11,23,15,6,18,13,13,29. When displayed in a chart the numbers look like this:" (chart omitted.)

When I run that instruction changing the select dialogue to choose All 960 numbers I get a gray chart 14 numbers with plot points at 12, 21, 15, 12, 18, 6, 11, 11, 23, 18, 13, 13, 29 and the number 11 at prediction. The draw range is from 2010\25 Wed 2nd to 2010\28 Wed 2nd t. the year 2006 does not show up in the chart. (Of course there is a different set of 14 numbers in the chart at position 1 but there too they do not match the numbers referenced above.)
Sorry about the overly long post but I am a bit stumped here and am trying to move on. Please advise.
Howard

Re: Implementing Predictions

Postby stan » Sun May 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Howard wrote:Hi Stan: (Tried to post this a day ago. Looks like it didn't take)

Where did you post it?
(Btw, I've moved your post to a more appropriate section)

To my questions, I am sort of getting back into the swing of things by working my way through the manual. My method entails reading the manual and validating my understanding of the how the program works by comparing my results to the results used as examples in the manual.
In the manual I'm at the "predictions" section now between what would be “3g” and “Show As” in the manual outline and have a few questions relating to some of my charts not conforming to the sample charts in the manual. Starting first with the charts and tables that do conform, the first table, i.e., the one with multiple colors at Position 2 and the second table, i.e., the table created after running the six step prediction analysis both conform completely to the sample table in the book.
We are then advised:
"If we let the predictor scan the whole database of past winning numbers then it will find the best matching pattern in draws 2006/23 Sun 2nd to 2006/24 Wed 2nd. Their numbers are 12, 16 and 30." …

When I run this instruction I get a table showing a complete listing of the 960 numbers and within the table the numbers 12, 16 and 30 at position 2 between 2006/23 Sun 2nd to 2006/24 Wed 2nd in the list. However, the range itself is not identified in any particular way either in the table or in the chart by the highlighting, marking or other indicator demonstrating that it has been found, selected or otherwise specifically identified by the predictor.

If you run the predictions and then select menu 'View - Application Log' you will see more details for each predicted value. You'll see there also the matching pattern that was used to predict the next value.

Next,
"What happens if we increase the pattern size from three numbers to 10 numbers? The latest pattern is then 6,11,11,23,15,6,18,13,13,29. When displayed in a chart the numbers look like this:" (chart omitted.)

When I run that instruction changing the select dialogue to choose All 960 numbers I get a gray chart 14 numbers with plot points at 12, 21, 15, 12, 18, 6, 11, 11, 23, 18, 13, 13, 29 and the number 11 at prediction. The draw range is from 2010\25 Wed 2nd to 2010\28 Wed 2nd t. the year 2006 does not show up in the chart. (Of course there is a different set of 14 numbers in the chart at position 1 but there too they do not match the numbers referenced above.)
Sorry about the overly long post but I am a bit stumped here and am trying to move on. Please advise.

You need to use Date Range option to display chart for draws 2008/45 Sun 2nd to 2008/48 Wed 1st. Then you'll get the same chart as in the documentation (i.e. the pattern the predictor chose for predicting the next value).
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Howard » Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi Stan:

Thank you for the prompt reply to my post. I have yet to try the solutions however I'm off to work and wanted to get back to you before leaving. As for your question, I attempted to post originally in the section entitled "Predictions". However, there was an earlier paragraph prior to the sentence beginning with "To my questions" in which I attempted to upload a Word 2010 version of the manual. Apparently because it was a 5 MB zip file it was too large. Nevertheless, the manual itself is quite useful in that it is editable, notation capable, and for now in an easy to read 12 point Arial font, which, of course, can be modified. It expands into a 350 page document with graphics true to the ".pdf" manual. I estimate that changing the point size down to 10 point Arial would get the document down to about 270 pages. If you think you might want to post it for other users, please provide an e-mail address and I will send it.

In any case, thanks again for the reply.
Howard

Postby Howard » Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Stan:

Two problems. My drop down "view" menu for application log. went to "tools" "options" "miscellaneous" where where "log application activity" was ticked; but still no App Log in the drop down.

Problem 2 is a spin off of (1). Attempted to fix the problem uninstalling and reinstalling. That did not resolve any aspect of problem (1) and naturally identified me as an unregistered user. I attempted to apply my update liscense but that didn't take giving the error message that the liscencence was an update license etc and sending me back to a registration screen where no option other than repurchase was provided.

Please advise regarding both issues. Thank you.

HHS
Howard

Postby Howard » Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Stan:

Just getting back to you to let you know Problem (2) resolved when I found and used the correct liscense. Problem (1) appears to have been resolved by the reinstall. I am now getting the application log -- so onward and upward as they say.
Howard

Postby stan » Wed May 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Howard wrote:Hi Stan:

Just getting back to you to let you know Problem (2) resolved when I found and used the correct liscense. Problem (1) appears to have been resolved by the reinstall. I am now getting the application log -- so onward and upward as they say.

Alright, any other issues I can help with?:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Howard » Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks Stan. Not yet. I am going to try to reproduce the results from your answer to my original question and will get back to based on my results. In the meantime any interest in that Word 2010 version of the Maual?

HHS
Howard

Postby stan » Fri May 25, 2012 11:54 am

You can view/print/save the whole documentation as a single web here: http://www.expertlotto.com/en/help/en/_single-index.htm
MS Word should be able to import such a web page.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests