Number Groups Manager

Number Groups Manager

Postby Gatsby » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Stan,

I have to questions about NGM to see if it possible to implement:

1st - Is it possible to expand filter creation beyond 99, say t´il 154 groups at least? Or what would be the maxximum permitted?

2nd - Is it possible that instead of copying each of the lines of a text file into the clipboard and then to EL, to copy all lines into the clipboard and fill in a single step all the subgroups?

Many Thanks.
Gatsby

Re: Number Groups Manager

Postby stan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I have to questions about NGM to see if it possible to implement:

1st - Is it possible to expand filter creation beyond 99, say t´il 154 groups at least? Or what would be the maxximum permitted?

In theory yes, but then there would be too many widgets in the UI so the application would be really sluggish.

2nd - Is it possible that instead of copying each of the lines of a text file into the clipboard and then to EL, to copy all lines into the clipboard and fill in a single step all the subgroups?

Many Thanks.

Again, in theory yes, it is possible. But it seems to me you are rather looking for some filter builder tool that would accept a text file with number groups as input. Am I right?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:31 am

Hi Stan

"But it seems to me you are rather looking for some filter builder tool that would accept a text file with number groups as input. Am I right?"

Yes, this is it. I would like a builder tool that accepts number groups as input, read them out, check a draw for the distribution pattern inside this group and filter out. So i guess it needs to calculate only the distribution pattern. If it could have the option x to y must pass it would be great. Just like Number Groups Patterns Filter works, but without the need for more stats than the distribution, unless this becames trivial in the programming construction part.

Can you implement this?
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Well, the filter builder cannot be based on number groups because the count of number groups is limited to 99 - as you originally complained. But the builder could read the numbers from a text file - would that work for you?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Well, if i´m understanding this right, the builder will use the file with all the numbers. This text file will have as much lines as i want. Let´s suppose it was like default group. In this case the text file would have only 5 lines, each line with 10 numbers: 1...10; 2...20; etc.

So, yes, i guess that would work for me just as long as the filter recognizes the pattern emerging for the last draw and filter all the combinations in the package that have a identical pattern.
Last edited by Gatsby on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:40 pm

HI Stan,

In addiction to this is it possible to include the option "Match 1 to 5 numbers" for this filter?

Thsi way the filter could filter not only the emerging pattern, for instance 2-1-0-0-2 for a "default" distribution for a draw like 1,2,19,41,49, but it would also permit to filter the line where 5 numbers were found. Of course this could only be possible in this case for a distribution like 5-0-0-0-0, but whenever bigger groups are used it might be useful.

Thanks
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Stan,

This subject was left a little on the behind...had you any chance to look at it?

Do you think it´s better to put it on mantis for better tracking?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

This subject was left a little on the behind...had you any chance to look at it?

Do you think it´s better to put it on mantis for better tracking?

Thanks.

You mean the number groups filter builder? It is on my todo list already.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

Allright Stan,

Thanks a lot.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi Stan,

Any chance we will be having a Number Groups Builder soon in the beggining of the next year?

I´ve come to the conclusion that there is a lot of good filtering achievable with groups but not with the Number group Pattern Filter when groups are big, that is because whanever a group becames too extensive, the emerging pattern is so particular that it almost times identifies itself with only one draw. Number group pattern filter only works with (in my case) with groups with less than 40 "subgroups". So, although the possibility to import number groups from a file (to use in Number Groups Pattern Filter) is good, working with patterns so extensive it´s not. Better it will be the number groups builder.

Thanks and regards.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

I thought I already addressed this with the new Import feature in Number Groups Manager but obviously it's not good enough:)

So you want a filter builder that would read a text file with arbitrary count of lines with pool numbers. And the filter condition would be checking for what? How many input line the ticket numbers are distributed into? It can't be the same distribution pattern that we have in number groups - with 100 input lines you'd get a pattern with 100 numbers, there's no way I can build an UI to allow input of such patterns...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Stan,

No Stan, in this case we wouldn´t be looking for the distribution pattern of the group. This is intended to use with Wheels. So, the filter condition is to check in which of those lines there was a x to y match (normally a 5 numbers match) and filter all the combinations arising from that particular line/lines.

Example: if you have a wheel with 300 lines of 20 numbers each, and you know that in only one of those lines there was a match with 5 numbers in the last draw, then i want to filter all combinations of 20 numbers from that particular line from that group. So the filter has only to identifie the line or lines that has a match for x to y numbers from the last draw (or draws if it´s not to difficult to implement) and use that set of lines to accept/reject combinations... after that it works pretty much as a match numbers in file filter i guess.

Maybe Number Groups Manager is not the best name....Wheel Builder/Filter perhaps?
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

So the filter will first use the latest draw (or whatever is selected in the draw selection field in the filter window) to find the lines that have x to y numbers from that draw and then accept all tickets that have x to y numbers from the same lines?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi Stan,

Yes, it is precisely that.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm

Hello Stan,

After sometime aparted from EL i´m again trying to catch up with it.

This is one subject that was left for your appreciation, and, once again i´m contacting you in the hope to see if you can implemente it in a near future. I think this is a real strong feature to EL.

Thanks.
Gatsby

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests