Winning Numbers Properties Table

Winning Numbers Properties Table

Postby GzWnr » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:53 am

Hi Stan,

I know similar suggestions have been made before, but I would like to offer mine, which I think should relatively easy to make.

Rename Column headings

The columns are far to wide in many instances to utilise on one full screen.

Could user-defined headings be handled just as labels without changing or affecting the underlying field name (which could be viewed when the cursor hovers over the heading)?

eg Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3, Rpt 5 etc. As we know, some fields are very long!

We could right-click the header to rename.

Highlighting data

It would be great if the table had some basic spreadsheet-like functionality. I realise the export and copy/paste options are available.

1)The ability to highlight:-

A) The data in one/more columns (not just draw rows) by left-clicking the header/s.
B) Actual cell or groups of cells by left-clicking and dragging, with the ctrl skip functionality.
C) Basic Colour formatting - fill/font/bold etc.

2) Display of a basic summary of the highlighted data eg sum, ave, min, max etc. (maybe user-defined).

Kind regards
GzWnr

Re: Winning Numbers Properties Table

Postby stan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

GzWnr wrote:Hi Stan,

I know similar suggestions have been made before, but I would like to offer mine, which I think should relatively easy to make.

Rename Column headings

The columns are far to wide in many instances to utilise on one full screen.

Could user-defined headings be handled just as labels without changing or affecting the underlying field name (which could be viewed when the cursor hovers over the heading)?

eg Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3, Rpt 5 etc. As we know, some fields are very long!

We could right-click the header to rename.

But you can resize the columns if they are too long. The only issue is that the label is truncated then but I'll add a tooltip for column headers in the next app update.

Highlighting data

It would be great if the table had some basic spreadsheet-like functionality. I realise the export and copy/paste options are available.

1)The ability to highlight:-

A) The data in one/more columns (not just draw rows) by left-clicking the header/s.
B) Actual cell or groups of cells by left-clicking and dragging, with the ctrl skip functionality.
C) Basic Colour formatting - fill/font/bold etc.

2) Display of a basic summary of the highlighted data eg sum, ave, min, max etc. (maybe user-defined).

Kind regards

Sorry, but these are all the features that MS Excel does best and I really don't want to be implementing a copy of MS Excel...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby GzWnr » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your development update.

I agree with your comments regarding column colours in the Development version. I'm not a fan of Column colours for every column either, but thank you for your efforts.

I meant the following:-

A) Currently we can left-click highlight row/s (draws) - I wanted to highlight, exactly the same as rows, but with columns on an ad-hoc, on the fly basis , not pre-determined colours that repeat for all columns.

B) The same functionality as A) but possibly extending the highlighting functionality to particular cell/s (i.e. ticket property)

C) Ad-hoc colour highlighting not predetermined for every column.

It's not a big deal, but it would be helpful. I often scan through many properties, looking for trends, dues, repeats etc. without the effort of exporting to Excel at an early stage.

However, I look forward to the tool-tips for column headers in the next update, as you mentioned.
GzWnr

Postby stan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:49 pm

So you want to click into the table and highlight all values in the same column, is that correct? What would that be good for?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby GzWnr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi Stan,

Yes, that is correct. The reasoning for my Column highlighting suggestion is that most of us have particular preferred filters that we use and watch. I like the Properties Table because I can see those statistics at a glance.

i.e. The actual values within that filter and therefore the movements and flow of values between sequential draws. eg 2-1-0-2-3-1-1 etc. for that stat.

I use the columns, together with the Analyzer to build Complex filters or to adjust existing ones.

I look for trends, hots, colds, patterns, repeaters etc., whereas the Analyzer, for example, shows Due based on it's latest count only, not say, how often it has hit in last "x" draws. Of course we can see, Interval sequences, moving averages etc, but for individual values only. That's why I use both.

I would use it for quickly highlighting different columns, then create a Complex Filter that I do for every draw, based on the current Properties Table (usually about 25 filters).

It would be fantastic to use colors, by right clicking a column to:-
a) enable color --> color pallet
b) disable color

If I could highlight the columns in colors, I could better use it as a "Watchlist" and would use different color codes for particular scenarios.

However, If we can only do columns as we can do with rows, that would be helpful.

I understand that we can export into Excel etc., but it would be far easier to simply do it in the Properties Table.

King regards
GzWnr
GzWnr

Postby stan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:28 pm

You can open Options window, go to Statistics - Background tab and turn some background colors there.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests