WIN10 Update Issues

WIN10 Update Issues

Postby Falcon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:45 am

Hi Stan,

I received a major WIN 10 update last night and now have some issues.

First - though nothing to do with EL5 - it caused all my bluetooth connections to be lost, (had to reinstall all again), but secondly and most importantly I now have EL5 issues. These appear to be with any file functions performed eg open file, or insert package or save a package - click the icon and the program just crashes out of use. Virtually makes my EL5 unusable.

So not sure where to go to from here. I suppose should ask has anyone else had similar problems and if so have they over come them? Or might there be a tweak that you might be able to introduce as I can't see MS doing much about this. And perhaps if anyone sees their Windows 10 installation wanting to do a major upgrade you might put it on hold for a while.

I should add I performed all I needed to do with EL5 earlier in the day so I can only put it down to the update that has caused the problems.

frustrated

falcon
Falcon

Re: WIN10 Update Issues

Postby Falcon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 am

OK

Can report a fix here fortunately.

Ran a registry cleaner program, deleted some errors that it found and now the file management functions within EL5 work as they should.

Phew.... Thought this might have been a lot worse.

cheers - and now back to the lottery.

falcon
Falcon

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests