Triplet frequency in a package

Triplet frequency in a package

Postby mindy20 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm

This is with regards to Euromillions (5 out of 50, plus two lucky stars).

Say I have a package of 10 tickets.

I analyze package > analyze for triplets > get 79 triplets.

Triplet frequency shows triplet XYZ occurs 4 times in the package I have.

Can we please also see how frequent these triplets were in the actual winning draws? The triplet XYZ which was occuring 4 times in the package, probably just occured 2 times in actual winning draws but there's no direct way to know this.

Please add this feature :)
All good things to those who wait and don't die in the meantime. - Mark Twain
mindy20

Re: Triplet frequency in a package

Postby stan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:49 am

Well, that information isn't present in the results table but you do have the Latest column which shows if that triplet was at least present in the analyzed draws. And you can also calculate stats for past draws and then display the tables side by side.
Technically it is possible to add a column with draw occurrences but I'm not sure how useful that might be. If e.g. some ticket sum value appears 23343 times in the Package tickets and only 2 times in the analyzed 20 draws what does it tell you?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby mindy20 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 am

Stan,

This query was not about ticket sum. This was about triplet frequency.

I always bet on triplets that have been drawn at least once. In the last one year of my tracking, I have come to the conclusion that it is the best to bet on triplets that have occured once before. Therefore, I would like to be able to see how often the triplets in a package have occured before. I wish to filter them out.

Thank you.
mindy20

Postby stan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

mindy20 wrote:Stan,

This query was not about ticket sum. This was about triplet frequency.

I always bet on triplets that have been drawn at least once. In the last one year of my tracking, I have come to the conclusion that it is the best to bet on triplets that have occured once before. Therefore, I would like to be able to see how often the triplets in a package have occured before. I wish to filter them out.

Thank you.

You can use 'Match Draws' filter with 'Match 3' option selected to filter such triplets out.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby mindy20 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am

So suppose I have 10 tickets in my package. Say these 10 tickets comprise of 50 triplets.

How can the Match draw filter tell me the frequency of each triplet? I mean yes, it can tell me whether a triplet has ever occurred before. But where can I see how many times a triplet has occurred?

As I mentioned, the reason I wish to find this out is because I never bet on triplets that have occurred more than once before. So triplets that have occurred 5 times like 10 19 23, are not ones I will ever bet on.
mindy20

Postby stan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Match Winning Numbers filter has also 'min' column. So with option Match 3, min=5 you filter out Package tickets with triplets that occurred more than 5 times in selected past draws.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests