NJ MegaMillions - Bonus Pool Increased from 15 to 25 numbers

NJ MegaMillions - Bonus Pool Increased from 15 to 25 numbers

Postby BSarte » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Recently the MegaMillions which I think is multi-state had the Bonus number pool increased from 15 numbers to 25 numbers. Last Friday's draw (11/10/17) was the first time the bonus number was over 15 (it was 24), so when I tried to enter the number to the history, ExpertLotto would not allow the number to be saved. Tried downloading the MegaMillions Lottery again, but same thing.

How do we modify the MegaMillions Lottery to allow for the increased pool numbers?
BSarte

Re: NJ MegaMillions - Bonus Pool Increased from 15 to 25 num

Postby BSarte » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

BUMP!

Anyone know how to resolve this?
BSarte

Postby Falcon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 am

Ok This may do it. But no guarantees and if it doesn't work you will need to restore back to original. And if that is the case you actually have a new lottery on your hands and will have to start afresh.

And Stan may well disapprove of this attempt at a solution. :roll:

Open file lottery.xml

In there you will see some lines of code like -

<main-range min="1" max="40" single-pool="true" />
<bonus-range min="1" max="20" pool="bonus-a" label="PowerBall" />

Alter the bonus range max value to "25"

Note these lines appear twice in this file and you will need to adjust both occurrences.

Note this solution applies only if you do not analyse and filter on the bonus drawn numbers ie you only analyse and process the main ball numbers.

cheers

falcon
Falcon

Postby BSarte » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Falcon wrote:Ok This may do it. But no guarantees and if it doesn't work you will need to restore back to original. And if that is the case you actually have a new lottery on your hands and will have to start afresh.

Open file lottery.xml

Note these lines appear twice in this file and you will need to adjust both occurrences.

Note this solution applies only if you do not analyse and filter on the bonus drawn numbers ie you only analyse and process the main ball numbers.

cheers

falcon

Thanks Falcon for the info, opened up the Lottery.xml file, changed the lines that had the Megaball from 15 to 25, saved it.

Now when I try to open the Megamillions lottery, get a message that "Directory does not contain any lottery", checked to see if there is still the Lottery.xml file, still there, also has the lottery DB file.

I went ahead and created a new custom lottery with the new lottery pools, seems to be working fine.
BSarte

Postby stan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:31 pm

I've already uploaded a new app update where the lottery setup is fixed. But you need to create that lottery again from scratch using menu File - New - Lottery.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby hawkhunter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:52 pm

stan wrote:I've already uploaded a new app update where the lottery setup is fixed. But you need to create that lottery again from scratch using menu File - New - Lottery.

Stan I've tried this file and it will not load. Gives a corrupted file error.
hawkhunter

Postby hawkhunter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:11 pm

BSarte wrote:
Falcon wrote:Ok This may do it. But no guarantees and if it doesn't work you will need to restore back to original. And if that is the case you actually have a new lottery on your hands and will have to start afresh.

Open file lottery.xml

cheers

falcon

Thanks Falcon for the info, opened up the Lottery.xml file, changed the lines that had the Megaball from 15 to 25, saved it.

Now when I try to open the Megamillions lottery, get a message that "Directory does not contain any lottery", checked to see if there is still the Lottery.xml file, still there, also has the lottery DB file.

I went ahead and created a new custom lottery with the new lottery pools, seems to be working fine.

Okay guys Falcon is 2/3 correct. You need to change the 15 to 25 like Falcon said in both locations. Then to get the DBase to respond you also need to change the ROWS at the bottom from 2 to 4 rows in the BONUS number section. After doing this my lottery functioned correctly.
hawkhunter

Postby stan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 pm

hawkhunter wrote:
stan wrote:I've already uploaded a new app update where the lottery setup is fixed. But you need to create that lottery again from scratch using menu File - New - Lottery.

Stan I've tried this file and it will not load. Gives a corrupted file error.

Sorry, which file will not load? What exactly is the error message?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests