Complex Filter Line Highlighting

Complex Filter Line Highlighting

Postby feelinLucky » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi Stan,

Is there any way to highlight individual lines in a complex filter? That would be a nice feature when working with a complex filter with many line items.
I usually seperate like items with colors for readability. If it's not available, this would add a nice touch. Maybe, a hotkey combination or right click menu. Either way it would be nice.

See example Below:

highlighting.png

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
feelinLucky

Re: Complex Filter Line Highlighting

Postby stan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:14 pm

You mean having a different background color in each table row?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby feelinLucky » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Well, it could be background or foreground coloring. Just simply having the ability to mark a row with a different color for distinction would be super. This would make it easier to work with large number of filters when planning and testing. As you know, there is nothing that compares to this software when it comes to removing large number of tickets. I personally spend a great deal of time using EL with Excel and I love the combination of the two.

I am just trying to make a suggestion that would make it a little easier to use for individuals with less than perfect vision. I know you are pretty busy implementing more complex features, so which ever method takes the least amount of coding to implement would be fine.

Thanks
feelinLucky

Postby stan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I can easily make the background color of each odd row different from the background of each even row. But adding option to select an arbitrary color for arbitrary table row would be quite complicated. Can you describe a bit more how you'd use such a feature?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby feelinLucky » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Stan,

Again thanks for all your hard work. Basically, I'm looking for the ability to group things by
colors. If you look closely at the image I provided you will see that the colored rows are
actually two different levels from the History Segment Patterns. Having colors make visual
testing much easier. Keep in mind that I use both EL and Excel as a system. So, I go between both
systems and in excel of course I have the ability to color anything (cells, rows,columns, etc.) which helps to keep things organized.

The odd and even row color suggestion is not quite what I am looking for, but the ability to color by group of rows.

As you already know EL is an extraordinary program and I am just trying to help make it more intuitive to work with. I have spent hundreds of hours working with this program
and the more I learn about EL it amazes me, but in some areas it becomes counter intuitive to work with.

And thanks for adding the export option excluding row headings. That alone has saved me many hours in my weekly workflow.

If the color option is too time consuming at the moment, maybe it'll be a nice feature in the future.

Thanks
feelinLucky

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests