Pairs Number Coloring

Pairs Number Coloring

Postby dreamweaver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi Stan,

I would like to submit a request to add an additional number color feature to the current number
coloring options available.

Currently there is a coloring option available for selection of pairs but there is a limitation where a selection
of any given pair the coloration is mutually exclusive and not mutually inclusive.

For example say if I run a Winning Numbers Analysis and select the 'Number Combinations' statistic 'Pairs to
do an analysis on. As per the table below I have selected the pair 26-45. You will see that either number within the pairing will be
highlighted in all subsequent pairs that contain either one of the numbers 26 and 45, therefore being mutually exclusive.

pairs_color_1_zpsbc4w3ahz.jpg

I would like another option to be made available to restrict number coloring to be strictly applied only to mutually inclusive events where those numbers
occur together only.

What this means is the only coloration is of the pair 26-45
no matter what Winning Numbers Analysis I undertake.

This modification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Stan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dreamweaver on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamweaver

Re: Pairs Number Coloring

Postby dreamweaver » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 am

Hi Stan,

I would like to revisit a request I submitted earlier around adding another feature option for "Number Coloring".

Currently the options provided in the drop list are as below:

Number Colouring_A_zpsvpfhey66 (1).jpg

I would like to request that an option say called "Pair(s) Highlighted"
be available as an additional Number Coloring option from this drop list.

Say for example I wanted to do an analysis and select the following pairs and STRICTLY only those
pairs:

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

I would for example say run a Winning Numbers Analysis over the first (5) draws and
run the analysis over the PAIRS statistic as per the image below:

Number Colouring_B_zpsmqgutqoc (1).jpg

In this image you can see I have highlighted the above (9) Pairs as well as
I have also utilized the "LOCK" option feature found near the Number Coloring icon to lock
in those pairs as per the image below:

As mentioned in this example I have highlighted (9) sets of pairs and have
"Locked" those pairs.

The problem I am encountering is and from the image below shows there are additional pairs that now
are highlighted that do not form part of the original selection made earlier on.

Number Colouring_D_zpsjdmfxnsh.jpg

In this example we now have the following Pairs highlighted:

2-3
2-4
2-5
2-6
2-7
2-8
2-9
2-10

What has happened is that those additional pairs highlighted are numbers taken from the original pairing selection
and subsequently grouped into all possible pairing combinations. That is not what I want to achieve.

Therefore if I do additional or separate Winning Numbers Analysis on the original (9) selected pairs I will
encounter the same issue.

Can you please make available such an option in the Number Coloring Drop List to allow only the strict selection of a
a pair or any given number of pairs and when one uses the LOCK option to lock in those pairs to allow those pair(s)
that have been highlighted to be the only items highlighted when undertaking any additional winning numbers or other
types of analysis.

Thanks Stan..!!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dreamweaver on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dreamweaver

Postby tdnl46w » Tue May 01, 2018 5:24 am

If its just for analysis of specific pairs(etc.), another option is to highlight the table occurrences you need, then copy them over to a Custom Analyzer->Design window(Ctrl+C to copy, then Ctrl+V to paste). Its not exactly a lock/color feature, but only tickets with those pairs can be analyzed.
tdnl46w

Postby dreamweaver » Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 am

Hi tdnl46w,

Thank you for your response and a good suggestion on a different perspective on what I am trying to achieve. However the Custom Analyzer is a very powerful feature of EL5 that can
provide some real serious analytical data, but I am not specifically looking at the selected data over any past historical draw that the custom analyzer provides in its
"Details" tab, more so I am looking at where I undertake "Winning Numbers Analysis" where the locked down selected data is represented.

A key objective of what I am trying to achieve is a visual requirement so that I can see where those pairs are
represented in any analysis I undertake from the output screen that a "Winning Numbers Analyzer" generates.

Once again thanks for your response.
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Sat May 12, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm afraid this isn't possible. Number coloring operates on individual numbers/table cells. You can see it is available also for example in Ticket Numbers analyzer where there is no notion of number pairs. So the selection of background color is isolated from any other numbers/table cells therefore it isn't possible to match any pairs.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Mon May 14, 2018 1:41 am

Hi Stan,

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to create an additional or different set of Tables when an option of pair selections is undertaken ?
Is it possible to create or generate another set of index files/tables based on all pairing combinations. Therefore in a 6/45
lotto game there are 990 possible pairs. When a pair or pairs are selected those pairs are matched up to say that Master Pairs Table and cached
for any further analysis within EL5.

Thanks and Regards
dreamweaver

Postby tdnl46w » Wed May 16, 2018 6:52 am

Would using a full wheel of 2 numbers(2 combinations from 'X' numbers) help? Then filter your pairs from that package. If your lotto has a 2 number win match, then Package->Show As->Winnings(Ctrl+5) will show how many times specific pairs hit in selected draws.
tdnl46w

Postby stan » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

dreamweaver wrote:Hi Stan,

Thank you for your response. Is it possible to create an additional or different set of Tables when an option of pair selections is undertaken ?
Is it possible to create or generate another set of index files/tables based on all pairing combinations. Therefore in a 6/45
lotto game there are 990 possible pairs. When a pair or pairs are selected those pairs are matched up to say that Master Pairs Table and cached
for any further analysis within EL5.

Thanks and Regards

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean here...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:14 am

Hi Stan,

You mentioned in previous communication below:

I'm afraid this isn't possible. Number coloring operates on individual numbers/table cells. You can see it is available also for example in Ticket Numbers analyzer where there is no notion of number pairs. So the selection of background color is isolated from any other numbers/table cells therefore it isn't possible to match any pairs.

I would of thought that another table can be created automatically where numbering colouring can operate on the Total number of pairing combinations. In the example lotto draw I have referenced there are 990 in total of pairs for a 6/45 Lotto draw and that table can be simply created and stored and exclusively referenced when a winning numbers pairing analysis is undertaken ? I would of thought number colouring for this purpose would not have such a global affect and another colour scheme and system can be created for this type of pairs analysis.

Your further consideration and insight into this request would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Stan :-)
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Technically everything is possible (almost:) but will the effort spent on implementing be really worth it? Would kind of information would you get with that new UI?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Let me re-phrase your request - you want to highlight one or more pairs of numbers and then have the same pairs higlighted in all aplication tables that show ticket numbers. Is that correct?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi Stan,

Thank you for your reconsideration to this request. Yes your response is correct.
I would like to highlight one or more PAIRS of numbers and then have those highlighted
pairs in all application tables that show ticket numbers or pairs.

The other essential element to this of course is the ability to utilize the current locking
feature "Turn number coloring on/off" and populating the drop
down list with added item of highlighting pairs, as per the example below:

Number Colouring_A_zpsvpfhey66.jpg

Thanks Stan :-)
Last edited by dreamweaver on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Ok, additional question - when the whole ticket is selected, do you want to get all the pair combinations from that ticket highlighted or should the feature work on the pairs alone?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you but thanks for your follow up question.
I would like the feature to work on the pairs alone and strictly only those pairs.

If I can run through an example to best illustrate this concept and request.

I am wanting to analyze the following 9 set of PAIRS.

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

Once again STRICTLY these pair combinations only and no other combinations or expansion into other
pairing combinations outside of the set of pairs above. For example:

If we looked at the pairs 1-45, 7-12 and 10-22 then I would want not want these pairs to be highlighted in any of my analysis of ticket numbers even though in one side of those pairs is a number represented in the original set of pairs. So for the pair 8-45 the number 8 is found in the pair 1-8, for the pair 7-12 the number 7 is
found in the pair 1-7, and for the pair 10-22 the number 10 is found in the pair 1-10.

So what is currently happening is best depicted in the diagram below:

Number Colouring_B_zpsmqgutqoc (2).jpg

In the above diagram I have run the Ticket Analyzer(Menu Option Winning Numbers >> Analyze), set an interval draw of 20 draws and selected the "available statistic" pairs.

In the image below you can see I have utilized the "LOCK" option feature found near the Number Coloring icon to lock
in those pairs: So I would firstly select the pairs that I intend to do the analysis on and then select the "lock" option to lock in those pairs selected.

Number Colouring_C_zpsk9ig2xlh.jpg

The problem I am encountering and from the image below once again is that the highlight extends beyond the original pairing
of the following pairs:

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

There are additional pairs that are now highlighted that do not form part of the original selection.

Number Colouring_D_zpsjdmfxnsh.jpg

2-3
2-4
2-5
2-6
2-7
2-8
2-9
2-10

As well as single occurrences of pairs where there is one side of a the pair represented in other pairing combinations.

2-11
2-12
2-13
2-14
2-15
etc..........

Those pairs should be excluded from being highlighted and only and strictly the original pairs selected for analysis
and locked in..

I hope this clarifies further this request and look forward in hearing back from you soon.

Thanks Stan :)
Last edited by dreamweaver on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamweaver

Postby dreamweaver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you but thanks for your follow up question.
I would like the feature to work on the pairs alone and strictly only those pairs.

If I can run through an example to best illustrate this concept and request.

I am wanting to analyze the following 9 set of PAIRS.

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

Once again STRICTLY these pair combinations only and no other combinations or expansion into other
pairing combinations outside of the set of pairs above. For example:

If we looked at the pairs 1-45, 7-12 and 10-22 then I do not require these pairs to be highlighted in any of my analysis of ticket numbers even though in one side of those pairs is a number represented in the original set of pairs. So for the pair 8-45 the number 8 is found in the pair 1-8, for the pair 7-12 the number 7 is
found in the pair 1-7, and for the pair 10-22 the number 10 is found in the pair 1-10.

So what is currently happening is best depicted in the diagram below:

Number Colouring_B_zpsmqgutqoc (3).jpg

In the above diagram I have run the Ticket Analyzer(Menu Option Winning Numbers >> Analyze), set an interval draw of 20 draws and selected the "available statistic" pairs.

In the image below you can see I have utilized the "LOCK" option feature found near the Number Coloring icon to lock
in those pairs: So I would firstly select the pairs that I intend to do the analysis on and then select the "lock" option to lock in those pairs selected.

Number Colouring_C_zpsk9ig2xlh (1).jpg

The problem I am encountering and from the image below once again is that the highlight extends beyond the original pairing
of the following pairs:

1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6
1-7
1-8
1-9
1-10

There are additional pairs that are now highlighted that do not form part of the original selection.

Number Colouring_D_zpsjdmfxnsh (1).jpg

2-3
2-4
2-5
2-6
2-7
2-8
2-9
2-10

As well as single occurrences of pairs where there is one side of a the pair represented in other pairing combinations.

2-11
2-12
2-13
2-14
2-15
etc..........

Those pairs should be excluded from being highlighted and only and strictly the original pairs selected for analysis
and locked in..

I hope this clarifies further this request and look forward in hearing back from you soon.

Thanks Stan :)
Last edited by dreamweaver on Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamweaver

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests