UK Thunderball

UK Thunderball

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi all, I’ve just started with a month trial of EL and I’m using it on the UK Thunderball lottery.

Thunderball now has a draw on a Tuesday night as well as Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Can the program be updated to reflect this please?

Does anybody else use EL on the Thunderball? Any strategies to share? Any success? Anybody fancy teaming up to try and develop a good strategy?

The program is fantastic and very well put together, I will definitely be buying a full license after my trial.

Regards

Chris
CitizenEra5ed

Re: UK Thunderball

Postby Falcon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 am

I don't use this lottery, but re the days on which this lottery is drawn go into Tools>Lottery>Edit and about the second page in you can select the days on which your lottery is drawn.

cheers and good luck

falcon
Falcon

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks for the reply Falcon, i’ll have a look at what you’ve said. There’s a steep learning curve and I guess I’ve not seen that yet!

Regards

Chris
CitizenEra5ed

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi Falcon, I did what you said and added the extra day but when I came to save it, it said there is already something in the location so it wouldn't over-write the Thunderball file I already had.

I saved it to my desktop, manually removed my original Thunderball and tried to put the new updated Thunderball in there. It wouldn't do that either.

I eventually got my new file into the correct location but now it won't update - it says there is no online source. Is that because I have added a day? It updated ok before.

Regards

Chris
CitizenEra5ed

Postby Falcon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:22 am

No the extra draw won't be the reason it doesn't update just - check again in the lottery edit process that you have the url of your lottery commission included so as allow the link.

And when you perform this edit function it does so by actually creating a new lottery in a new folder which gives you the opportunity to establish this new lottery in an alternative location. In my opinion just editing the existing lottery where it is would be preferable but this isn't the case.

Given you are having some difficulties I think I would be deleting the entire lottery and starting again and through the initialization stages of the new install ensure you tick the appropriate days the lottery is drawn. if you have developed any complex filters and saved them in your existing lottery these can be ported across to any new lottery you create of the same lottery type.

Hope this helps

falcon
Falcon

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Falcon, I'm still struggling a little.

If I edit the lottery as you suggested, it won't let me do an online update. It is the same if I tweak the XML file to include the new day as I have just done now. The Thunderball lottery opens ok, it shows the extra day (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat) but when I try to do the online update it says there is no online source of winning numbers for this lottery)

It updates absolutely fine when Tuesday is not there.

Any ideas?

Chris
CitizenEra5ed

Postby D1Magnet » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 am

Hi Chris I'm new and currently on the trial as well. After watching the update past winning numbers youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDZViiEGKL0 , it says if you can't do an automatic update for your lottery, you can paste the numbers in the "other" box (using winning numbers- import) . I found this website's data helpful as it allows the data to be recognised in EL on the next screen http://www.lotoxp.com/history.php?game=UK_Thunderball . This is assuming you have already set up the Thunderball lottery to include Tuesdays as well, and now just need to update the results.

I had the same issue trying to update Singapore TOTO results. In EL trying to do an online update, it only comes up with Set For Life Australia as the data source.

Good Luck!

Amanda
D1Magnet

Postby igorp » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 am

If you have already edited game on new format (extra draw), you can import new drawings very easy;
- use import - in web site insert https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/resu ... istory/csv - E/L should remember that profile, and in few clicks you will have updated drawing database ..
igorp

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi D1Magnet and igorp, thanks for your help.

Regards

Chris
CitizenEra5ed

Postby stan » Sat May 12, 2018 1:53 pm

You can update UK Thunderball from menu Winning Numbers - Online Update but your lottery setup must match the draw schedule and pool setup of the Thunderball lottery. Obviously our setup is outdated so I need to fix that. It will be in the next app update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CitizenEra5ed » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks Stan
CitizenEra5ed

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests