Compare tickets / filter x from y (e.g., 8 out of 10)

Compare tickets / filter x from y (e.g., 8 out of 10)

Postby Meisterkeks » Wed May 23, 2018 8:37 am

Hello,

if a complex filter (CF) consists of 10 filters, it is possible to set the CF so that 8 out of 10 filters are correct. This means that all detected tickets are always correct in at least 8 filters.

My problem is this:
I have a very large CF with 10 filters in which the calculation is not executed or aborted.

I have already triggered the calculation several times, disabled all other programs, but unfortunately without success.

But I can calculate each of the 10 filters individually, so I then have over 10 different packages.

Now I have to compare these packages and only find these tickets, which are always included in at least 8 packages. Due to the file sizes, this is unfortunately not possible in EXCEL.

In ExpertLotto I have not found such a possibility so far:
1.) Is there possibly a possibility?
2.) Can a feature be implemented in EL here?
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Re: Compare tickets / filter x from y (e.g., 8 out of 10)

Postby tdnl46w » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 pm

A filter group(s) set to,...Min to pass:8, and Max to pass:10, then a ticket must pass 8 to 10 of the filters. Setting this to Min to pass :8 and Max to pass:8, then a ticket must pass exactly 8 filters. If a CF filter(s) is to large for the system(out of memory etc.) then another option might be to cut the package down into smaller files and select those one at a time. This way you should be able to keep a package in EL for analysis.

The way I detect if a filter/file/number group is to large for memory, is to watch the memory toolbar->Performance display. If it gets close to what I have EL set for(4Gb ram) and/or the process animation stops, then I know it may not finish a calculation and manually abort the process.
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello,

thanks for the hint; have reduced the package from 13.9 million to 3 million - but unfortunately without success. The display of the performance is actually sufficient, see picture:

The filter setting here is 6 of 8.
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby tdnl46w » Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 am

That is the same error dialog I get when EL runs out of memory. I'm not sure about your performance toolbar info, so I would also check EL memory usage under the Windows Task Manager->Processes tab. On my system, EL will use all of the ram that is allocated in the expertlotto.conf file before it displays the error dialog.
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Thu May 24, 2018 7:55 am

Hello,

thanks for the fast respond.

I have been watching the Task Manager for a while. EL uses about 800 to 900 MB here; the total memory is only used to about 32%:

EL I have allocated 4GB of RAM in the expertlotto.conf.

The other data:

Is there possibly another setting possibility that EL actually uses the assigned 4 GB of RAM? This may really be the problem.

Another note: I often have the ERROR message; but mostly EL still expects the results and according to my observation also agree.
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby tdnl46w » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 am

From the information about your hardware and configurations, EL should be using the extra ram. If other programs on your system work fine with more than 1GB ram, then its probably an issue with Java, a DEV version, plug-ins, or other installation issue. Note:...in one of your other forum topics I did notice your installation of EL5 is in "C:\Program Files (x86)". From what I read, this is only for 32 bit versions. It could be a reason EL might default back to 1GB ram(?). On my system, EL5 is installed into "C:\Program Files".
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

thanks for the hint. That could really be the reason. When I first used EL, I had used the 32-bit version. Later I switched to 64-bit, but I left the installation under C: \ Program Files (x86).

I would uninstall EL from C: \ Program Files (x86) and reinstall it under C: \ Program Files.

But I'm uncertain about any risks:
1. Currently I use two instances on this PC and two more instances on the laptop. If I uninstall all these (PC and laptop) - I have 5 instances to install again. Does EL recognize my uninstallations?

2. I have saved all data / files from "Lotto 6 out of 49" in a separate directory E: \ .... I think by uninstalling me no data is lost here?

Thank you very much if I get help here again.

Kind regards
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby tdnl46w » Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 am

In one of the above reply images, the Task Manager shows that EL version is running in 64bit. However, having two or more instances of EL on the same system(s) could be whats causing an issue with a configuration file or maybe Java. If this is whats happening, then you can try to track down the issue or, uninstall all EL's from the system and reinstall(the easier/quicker way). From your PC hardware specifications, you should only need to run a single instance of EL on the fastest PC(imho).

Meisterkeks wrote: 1. Currently I use two instances on this PC and two more instances on the laptop. If I uninstall all these (PC and laptop) - I have 5 instances to install again. Does EL recognize my uninstallations?

If there isn't anything being saved in any of the main EL installation folder(s), then you can just uninstall/reinstall EL. EL should recognize the uninstall and not show up in the systems "Currently installed programs" list anymore.

Meisterkeks wrote: 2. I have saved all data / files from "Lotto 6 out of 49" in a separate directory E: \ .... I think by uninstalling me no data is lost here?

Any other files/lotto's in folders can be Copy/Paste to another location if needed. Usually its best to backup to a separate storage device(external drive, USB, DVD etc.) just in case. There shouldn't be any loss of lotto data,...but you may have to re-download or reinitialize some plug-ins before they are recognized again by the new install.

You can create any folder you want on the system to install EL. Its just that when I saw "C:\Program Files (x86)" as the install folder in the other topic, I thought maybe a config file might be overwriting another, or Java 32bit causing EL to default back to 1GB(etc.). If you have only seen 1GB usage for EL up until now, then your in for a surprise for improvements. :) Let me know if you need any more info.
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Sat May 26, 2018 11:18 am

Hello

THANKS again!!

Now have the following steps done:
1. Backup of the "lottery data".
2. Uninstall EL
3. Reinstall EL in C: \ Program Files + DevBuild180114 (1 instance only)
4. Change expertlotto.conf to Xmx4g (in Program Files + DevBuild)
5. change to:

After first observation, the memory of EL is already used over 1GB:

I'll keep that in mind.

After reinstalling EL uses my original lottery data so far without any problems!

In further research I have found the following, maybe I have to make further changes to Windows directly:

https://www.win-10-forum.de/windows-10-treiber-and-hardware/80283-16gb-ram-nur-2-2-genutz.html
https://www.win-10-forum.de/windows-10-treiber-and-hardware/5000-arbeitsspeicher-8gb-nur-noch-4gb-gebrauchbar.html#post30068

I will continue to report :)

In any case many thanks for the help.
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby tdnl46w » Mon May 28, 2018 6:08 am

Glad the memory usage is working. :) EL should be more responsive, at least until it reaches your memory configuration limits.

For reference. On my system, when EL uses up to 4GB system ram, only about 3 minutes pass before it shows an out of memory error. It is also rare that I have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any calculations(5/39 lotto though). For the Tools->Options->Miscellaneous window I use; 6 threads(maximum of my CPU), 100,000 tickets to process, and leave the "Log application activity" unchecked until needed.

The links you provided in the last reply are for more complex memory manipulation/information. The Task Manager should still be the easiest/safest way to find if a program, or the Windows OS, is having any memory/performance issues.
tdnl46w

Postby stan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm

tdnl46w wrote:Glad the memory usage is working. :) EL should be more responsive, at least until it reaches your memory configuration limits.

For reference. On my system, when EL uses up to 4GB system ram, only about 3 minutes pass before it shows an out of memory error. It is also rare that I have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any calculations(5/39 lotto though). For the Tools->Options->Miscellaneous window I use; 6 threads(maximum of my CPU), 100,000 tickets to process, and leave the "Log application activity" unchecked until needed.

I presume you have huge count of History levels and/or too many combined stats and/or number groups etc... If there are too many stats or filter to be processed not even increased memory is enough.
Another problem is that the more memory you give to the application the more time is spent in garbage collection (removing unused objects from memory).
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests