Package - Duplicates (Remove / Keep)

Re: Package - Duplicates (Remove / Keep)

Postby Meisterkeks » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:08 pm

OK, I've found the settings parameters now. But for large files, the comparison takes much too long unfortunately. This has Falcon in the other thread (see link above) already reported.
Since I have to continue to deal with Perl; let's see.
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Meisterkeks.

Yes, using those match features with large files/packages take a very long time to process. Another method you could try in EL that is much faster, is to use the Duplicates> Keep feature to reduce a package to a range of ticket duplicates. For instance. Clicking on Package> Duplicates> Keep each time on the same package, will keep one duplicate and remove one other(non-tagged).

So each time you click on 'Keep', the tickets that remain had one or more duplicates than the last. Clicking on 'Remove' right after any keep function creates a package relating to the amount of times 'Keep' was used. Example;

Keep> 1st time = keep any tickets that had duplicates of 2 or more in the package.
Keep> 2nd time = keep any tickets that had duplicates of 3 or more in the package.
Keep> 3rd time = keep any tickets that had duplicates of 4 or more in the package(etc.)...then click on 'Remove' here creates a package with tickets that had 4 or more duplicates.

Its not exactly an automatic process like the original feature request, but its fast for large packages and may still work to filter/analyze duplicates.
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:43 am

Hello tdnl46w,

thank you for the supplementary description. I have created and tested several examples so that I can understand and understand the results.

With this possibility, I can really fulfill my wishes completely. I have created an overview that may help other users to understand:

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9322810x.jpg"

In order to further optimize this function for me, I will again revise my filters and packages, as basically "larger packages" should be avoided, so that the calculations go faster.

But this investment will pay off. The Jackpott sends greetings and back ever closer ..... :D :D :D

Thank you again in the forum here for the support!
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests