summation filter

Re: summation filter

Postby tdnl46w » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:07 pm

edymurph wrote:... I was thinking .... looking at this last image will it be possible to create this range in the Complex filter into the repeating numbers filter?
Or create it somewhere in EL?
The filter repeating numbers has min and max (0 to 15) And i can also choose amount of past draws, now I need a place to put the range min and max (571)
Does it have that?

Hi edymurph.

EL can still filter the min/max ranges you need using the Match Winning Numbers filter(as shown in my last replies). However, I think something got lost in translation about how your other lotto software works. In EL you have to manually find the value ranges and then enter them to reduce the tickets to a level(100 or less) to play. This is what I meant by "subjective". The other software you use may have done this automatically. If you'd like, I can give more examples here or the other related topic using the EL 6/49 demo lotto.
tdnl46w

Postby edymurph » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:22 am

tdnl46w wrote:
edymurph wrote:... I was thinking .... looking at this last image will it be possible to create this range in the Complex filter into the repeating numbers filter?
Or create it somewhere in EL?
The filter repeating numbers has min and max (0 to 15) And i can also choose amount of past draws, now I need a place to put the range min and max (571)
Does it have that?

Hi edymurph.

EL can still filter the min/max ranges you need using the Match Winning Numbers filter(as shown in my last replies). However, I think something got lost in translation about how your other lotto software works. In EL you have to manually find the value ranges and then enter them to reduce the tickets to a level(100 or less) to play. This is what I meant by "subjective". The other software you use may have done this automatically. If you'd like, I can give more examples here or the other related topic using the EL 6/49 demo lotto.

OK friend...
Actually this filter even works as you say, (I did not have the patience to wait to see this filtering).
But I might venture to say that the structure of this filter works differently, because if I remember correctly, it was like that.

hitting the exact 9 position, reducing the 3 million combinations to 64,000 or so, then hitting the exact 8 position, reducing those 64,000 to 3,000, and then hitting the exact 10 position, reduces to less than 100, since it depends a lot on the numbers that occur in that contest

See if you understand me.

Using the previous draws, how many of the previous 1817 (for 1818) will have exactly 571 lines with REPETENCE of 9 using all their previous draws analyzing each line of the 3.2 million.
in case, only games that repeat 9 tens in your history in the amount of times you think you will have in that future draw.
Can you understand?

ops
the value 571 for the 1819 was wrong.

In fact it would be of the value 1 to 1817 for the 1818 draw, where it occurred in position 9 the value of 571.
Last edited by edymurph on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edymurph

Postby tdnl46w » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 am

I ran the min/max averages of the repeated counts statistics 8,9, and 10 together in a Match Winning Numbers filter using draw #1818. Example;

Match Winning Numbers
- Matching Tickets [Accept]
- Winning Numbers: [All 1,818 draws - Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri]
- Match, check mark 8 [Min 429/Max 429]
- Match, check mark 9 [Min 585/Max 585]
- Match, check mark 10 [Min 420/Max 420]

When I Run this setup, I get 200,701 tickets accepted out of 3,268,760, a 94% reduction.

edymurph wrote: ... hitting the exact 9 position, reducing the 3 million combinations to 64,000 or so, then hitting the exact 8 position, reducing those 64,000 to 3,000, and then hitting the exact 10 position, reduces to less than 100, since it depends a lot on the numbers that occur in that contest ...

Using the Match Winning Numbers filter from above. If I reduce tickets by checking 9 first, then check only 8 on those results, then check only 10 on those results, I get only 46 tickets left. Is this more like what you were expecting?
tdnl46w

Postby edymurph » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 pm

tdnl46w wrote:I ran the min/max averages of the repeated counts statistics 8,9, and 10 together in a Match Winning Numbers filter using draw #1818. Example;

Match Winning Numbers
- Matching Tickets [Accept]
- Winning Numbers: [All 1,818 draws - Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri]
- Match, check mark 8 [Min 429/Max 429]
- Match, check mark 9 [Min 585/Max 585]
- Match, check mark 10 [Min 420/Max 420]

When I Run this setup, I get 200,701 tickets accepted out of 3,268,760, a 94% reduction.

edymurph wrote: ... hitting the exact 9 position, reducing the 3 million combinations to 64,000 or so, then hitting the exact 8 position, reducing those 64,000 to 3,000, and then hitting the exact 10 position, reduces to less than 100, since it depends a lot on the numbers that occur in that contest ...

Using the Match Winning Numbers filter from above. If I reduce tickets by checking 9 first, then check only 8 on those results, then check only 10 on those results, I get only 46 tickets left. Is this more like what you were expecting?

Actually, I did not get it right.
Will I use the Match Winning Numbers filter, scoring only the 9 without min and max with 8 previous draws?
After this filtering continues at 9 without min and max, but with 10 previous draws?
It is?
edymurph

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:56 am

It depends on how you setup the filters. The method you posted above seems to be filtering each result in a progression.
edymurph wrote:Actually, I did not get it right.
Will I use the Match Winning Numbers filter, scoring only the 9 without min and max with 8 previous draws?
After this filtering continues at 9 without min and max, but with 10 previous draws?
It is?

Here is an example of the filter progression I used to get 46 tickets.

Match Winning Numbers with -> 9 checked [Min 585/Max 585] = reduces the package from 3,268,760 down to 65,000, then...
Match Winning Numbers with --> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = reduces the package from 65,000 down to 1,500, then...
Match Winning Numbers with ---> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = reduces the package from 1,500 down to 46 as an end result.

The Complex Filter can do this progression automatically when you add three separate Match Winning Numbers filters in that order(9,8,10). If you use a single Match Winning Numbers filter with all three(9,8,10) check marked at same time, the result is 200,000 tickets left. This is because they would be using the same package(3,268,760) and not a progressive one.

The other lotto program you mentioned may filter in different way, but if both programs are using the same statistics and winning tickets lists, then the results should be the same.
tdnl46w

Postby mimie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:05 am

tdnl46w wrote:
edymurph wrote: ... hitting the exact 9 position, reducing the 3 million combinations to 64,000 or so, then hitting the exact 8 position, reducing those 64,000

The Complex Filter can do this progression automatically when you add three separate Match Winning Numbers filters in that order(9,8,10). If you use a single Match Winning Numbers filter with all three(9,8,10) check marked at same time, the result is 200,000 tickets left. This is because they would be using the same package(3,268,760) and not a progressive one.

The other lotto program you mentioned may filter in different way, but if both programs are using the same statistics and winning tickets lists, then the results should be the same.

so that means the filters in complex filter work by parallel processing then combine the processed files into 1 instead of serial processing? why then use a complex filter cause it would give way more tickets?
mimie

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:56 pm

mimie wrote: ... so that means the filters in complex filter work by parallel processing then combine the processed files into 1 instead of serial processing? why then use a complex filter cause it would give way more tickets?

An EL Complex Filter has a hierarchy from top to bottom. So a top filter generates a result and the next filter below it uses that result(or similar algorithm). If you split one filter into separate filters then it creates that hierarchy. If you don't split the filter, then the settings within the filter will use the same data. This usually results in more tickets available to filter from and a higher ticket count leftover(hopefully I worded this correctly).
tdnl46w

Postby edymurph » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:05 pm

tdnl46w wrote:

It depends on how you setup the filters. The method you posted above seems to be filtering each result in a progression.
edymurph wrote:Actually, I did not get it right.
It is?

Here is an example of the filter progression I used to get 46 tickets.

Match Winning Numbers with -> 9 checked [Min 585/Max 585] = reduces the package from 3,268,760 down to 65,000, then...
Match Winning Numbers with --> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = reduces the package from 65,000 down to 1,500, then...
Match Winning Numbers with ---> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = reduces the package from 1,500 down to 46 as an end result.

It's friend ... my reasoning is a bit slow, because I did not get the message.

The Complex Filter can do this progression automatically when you add three separate Match Winning Numbers filters in that order (9,8,10). If you use a single Match Winning Numbers filter with all three (9,8,10) check marked at same time, the result is 200,000 tickets left. This is because they would be using the same package (3,268,760) and not a progressive one.

When you say add 3 filters in that order (9,8,10) ....
That means I'm going to add a Match Winning Numbers filter on the complex tab, with only the 9th position chosen with min and max 585.
Then I will add another Match Winning Numbers filter on the same tab with only the position chosen with min and max 429.
And finally add another Match Winning Numbers filter on the same tab with only the 10 position chosen with min and max 420.
Using all the winning numbers (1818) on each of the tabs?
edymurph

Postby tdnl46w » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 am

tdnl46w wrote:An EL Complex Filter has a hierarchy from top to bottom. So a top filter generates a result and the next filter below it uses that result(or similar algorithm). If you split one filter into separate filters then it creates that hierarchy. If you don't split the filter, then the settings within the filter will use the same data. This usually results in more tickets available to filter from and a higher ticket count leftover(hopefully I worded this correctly).

tdnl46w wrote:Here is an example of the filter progression I used to get 46 tickets.

The Complex Filter can do this progression automatically when you add three separate Match Winning Numbers filters in that order(9,8,10). If you use a single Match Winning Numbers filter with all three(9,8,10) check marked at same time, the result is 200,000 tickets left. This is because they would be using the same package(3,268,760) and not a progressive one. ...

Concerning my above replies. ... I will be doing some more research and make corrections later, as it now appears the progression and hierarchy I'm talking about may have to do more with the range of tickets and the algorithm EL uses for each filter result.
tdnl46w

Postby tdnl46w » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:59 am

mimie wrote:so that means the filters in complex filter work by parallel processing then combine the processed files into 1 instead of serial processing? why then use a complex filter cause it would give way more tickets?

It seems I completely forgot about the option for the "count of filters to pass" in a complex filter group. This was probably the main reason why I thought about the progression and hierarchy setups. So I will try and give better/correct examples here.

The "filters to pass" option in a filter group allows you to choose a min/max count of filters to pass to accept/reject tickets. The setting I was using(or forgot to check) was, min:[3]/max:[3] filters to pass for the group. Examples using draw #1818 and a full wheel(3,268,760). Each filter setup has [All 1,818 draws - Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri] & [Accept];

Filter Group with min[3]/max [3] filters to pass. All three filters must pass before a ticket is accepted.
--------------------------------------------
Match Winning Numbers with -> 9 checked [Min 585/Max 585] = accepts 65,140
Match Winning Numbers with -> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = accepts 1,539
Match Winning Numbers with -> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = accepts 46
46 total tickets accepted.

Filter Group with min[1]/max [3] filters to pass. One to three filters can pass before a ticket is accepted.
Match Winning Numbers with -> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = accepts 68,286
Match Winning Numbers with -> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = accepts 67,275
200,701 total tickets accepted. This setting, min[1]/max[3] filters to pass, is the same as setting up a single Match Winning Numbers filter with those values.

The order of filters in a group(or hierarchy) doesn't matter unless you setup certain filters to pass conditions or need certain Back-test results(but thats another topic in itself). So using the EL complex filter you can split filters, arrange the hierarchy, check filter performance(etc.), to create special filters or statistics as needed. No other lotto program I know of can do this. Since a lot of information has changed, if anyone has a question let me know. Hope this helps.
tdnl46w

Postby edymurph » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:20 pm

tdnl46w wrote:

mimie wrote:so that means the filters in complex filter work by parallel processing then combine the processed files into 1 instead of serial processing? why then use a complex filter cause it would give way more tickets?

It seems I completely forgot about the option for the "count of filters to pass" in a complex filter group. This was probably the main reason why I thought about the progression and hierarchy setups. So I will try and give better/correct examples here.

The "filters to pass" option in a filter group allows you to choose a min/max count of filters to pass to accept/reject tickets. The setting I was using(or forgot to check) was, min:[3]/max:[3] filters to pass for the group. Examples using draw #1818 and a full wheel(3,268,760). Each filter setup has [All 1,818 draws - Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri] & [Accept];

Filter Group with min[3]/max [3] filters to pass. All three filters must pass before a ticket is accepted.
Match Winning Numbers with -> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = accepts 1,539
Match Winning Numbers with -> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = accepts 46
46 total tickets accepted.

Filter Group with min[1]/max [3] filters to pass. One to three filters can pass before a ticket is accepted.
Match Winning Numbers with -> 8 checked [Min 429/Max 429] = accepts 68,286
Match Winning Numbers with -> 10 checked [Min 420/Max 420] = accepts 67,275
200,701 total tickets accepted. This setting, min[1]/max[3] filters to pass, is the same as setting up a single Match Winning Numbers filter with those values.

The order of filters in a group(or hierarchy) doesn't matter unless you setup certain filters to pass conditions or need certain Back-test results(but thats another topic in itself). So using the EL complex filter you can split filters, arrange the hierarchy, check filter performance(etc.), to create special filters or statistics as needed. No other lotto program I know of can do this. Since a lot of information has changed, if anyone has a question let me know. Hope this helps.

Tdnl46w ...
Thanks for the rich explanation, I see that you already have a great deal of control over this program.
Then I'll test this in my version that takes forever to be free.
I am just a mere user in just under 30 days and already thinking I know the program.

Now I have one more question.
You should have seen my other post (unbelievable ... how to hit a jackpot).
I want to know if you know someone or yourself who understands calculations that I can find a way to get those results I left there.
If there is a pattern in the calculations, if the answers arrive, or close enough, I can say that we have a jackpot in only 1 ticket.
thank you!
edymurph

Postby edymurph » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:18 am

tdnl46w ...
Today I can see what you have said.
I took the test for contest 1828.
I just made a little difference.
I used the 3 Match Winning Numbers filters inside the complex filter and set each one with their respective min and max values.
I simulated that I was going to play in 1828, so I chose all competitions from 1 to 1827, assuming that I already knew the values ​​for (8,9,10) in contest 1828.
At the end of the filtering using a full wheel, only 5 games remained with a jackpot inside.

But the only problem with having a free version was that it took almost 6 hours ... no one deserves it.
Now .... the most important ...
How to get these values ​​before the draw?
This is the challenge.
Thanks for the tips for now.
edymurph

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:36 am

If your testing filters that take a very long time, try to cut or delete package tickets to a few hundred tickets around the simulated winning/jackpot ticket. This is what I do, and it's much faster for testing. As for filtering a full wheel before a draw that you want to play,...I would use other faster filters to reduce the package first, like Odd/Even, Low/High or number groups(etc.). These can reduce the package by half or more. Then the other filters won't take as long.

edymurph wrote: ... If there is a pattern in the calculations, if the answers arrive, or close enough ...

El has a Prediction feature based on previous draw patterns. It's fast, accurate and can use most of the statistics in EL. All you have to do, is setup the previous draw pattern(s) that you guess the lotto may have, and run the feature. It will find the closest match to the patterns, strategy or calculations you need(if they are there).
tdnl46w

Postby edymurph » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:58 pm

tdnl46w wrote:If your testing filters that take a very long time, try to cut or delete package tickets to a few hundred tickets around the simulated winning/jackpot ticket. This is what I do, and it's much faster for testing. As for filtering a full wheel before a draw that you want to play,...I would use other faster filters to reduce the package first, like Odd/Even, Low/High or number groups(etc.). These can reduce the package by half or more. Then the other filters won't take as long.

edymurph wrote: ... If there is a pattern in the calculations, if the answers arrive, or close enough ...

El has a Prediction feature based on previous draw patterns. It's fast, accurate and can use most of the statistics in EL. All you have to do, is setup the previous draw pattern(s) that you guess the lotto may have, and run the feature. It will find the closest match to the patterns, strategy or calculations you need(if they are there).

T ...
Could you explain this concept to me?

(Try to cut or exclude package tickets for a few hundred tickets around the simulated winner / accumulated ticket. That's what I do and it's much faster for testing.)

And then this ...
(El) has a prediction feature based on previous drawing patterns.It is fast, accurate and can use most of the statistics in EL.All you have to do is set the previous draw pattern (s) that you think the lottery can and find the closest match to the patterns, strategies, or calculations you need (if they are there).
For having the Demo version I do not think I can do this.
edymurph

Postby tdnl46w » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:51 am

Hi edymurph.

To avoid long testing wait times for large packages/winning tickets lists. I take the latest winning draw/ticket, find it in a package, then delete most of the tickets around that winning ticket to form a smaller package.

I mentioned the Predictions feature because the documentation(available to anyone) has a detailed explanation for it. It does require at least a trial registered version to use though. Basically, when you use this feature, you could test to find if a pattern of stats or numbers has happened before. After you run it, it will automatically display the best match(es) in numbers/trends/statistics that happened directly after that previous draw pattern. The application output window also has many more details for the match if you need them.
tdnl46w

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests