SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS FILTER

SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS FILTER

Postby mimie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:45 am

i was reading through past topics because i cant seem to find a filter that does the ticket interval in statistics...i did read from one of the users to use the draw interval and the sliders should be able to give u the ticket interval . HOWEVER as you can see from the screen shot i used a full package and was trying to do a range just to make sure that all previous draws within that range were in there without using any other filters ...but as u can see some of these draws even when i put in this range i click accept THEY SEEM to be filtered out for some reason...why????

As u can see in the pictures 7.17 the draw on april 23rd which is 3,6,9,20,29,39 does appear in the filter so why are the others within the range filtered out...please soem one explain this to me
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mimie

Re: SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS FILTER

Postby mimie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:49 am

adding more files to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mimie

Postby GzWnr » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 am

The reason is that the intervals have changed since those draws and won't appear in the same package, using the same setting. You need to set the cut-off date to the date before each draw and run the filter one at time, using that setting. The ticket should then appear in the package as you test each one separately.
GzWnr

Postby mimie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 pm

GzWnr wrote:The reason is that the intervals have changed since those draws and won't appear in the same package, using the same setting. You need to set the cut-off date to the date before each draw and run the filter one at time, using that setting. The ticket should then appear in the package as you test each one separately.

Hey G that doesnt answer why the april draw which is at interval 7.17 does show up in that range what i want to understand is this filter static where by when i say that i am predicting that the ticket interval will be 8.20 and set it that way that means that the set of numbers with this interval should be the ones to show up....but like i showed u some dont appear in this range or its implied that the ticket interval is dynamic and changes draw to draw like u are saying...how is ticket interval calculated cause its hard coded when u go to plugins therefore when i use a range from 6.99 to 7.99 i should have all tickets with this interval eg the missing 7.33 7.93 7.83 draws....
Thanks
mimie

Postby mimie » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Also what i am doing is loading a full package the using the slider to simply filter the ticket interval using a range since u cant input the exact value u want then run filter ....no other filters are being run...thanks
mimie

Postby GzWnr » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:07 am

If you go back to the Help file's definition, it will help you understand that

Ticket interval is the average count of draws that elapsed since the previous occurrence of each ticket number. Individual number intervals for draw 2010/28 Sun 2nd are 3-3-8-1-11-10. So the ticket interval value is (3+3+8+1+11+10)/6 = 6.0

Therefore the ticket interval x 6 always has to be an integer, you cant have half a draw. The decimals that you are quoting are just decimal rounding. The lowest increments can only be 1 draw interval ie 1/6=0.166666.

The range of 6.99 to 7.99 will only give you tickets with 42/6=7.00, 43/6= 7.1666, 44/6=7.3333, 45/6=7.50, 46/6=7.6666, 47/6=7.83333. 48/6 =8.0.

Personally, I think it's far easier just to use tdnl46w's suggestion of Number Differences Sum 0. If you check previous Ticket Intervals x 6, they will equal the Number Difference Sum 0. Easier to work with in Complex filters, Analyzers etc.
GzWnr

Postby mimie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:27 pm

GzWnr wrote:The reason is that the intervals have changed since those draws and won't appear in the same package, using the same setting. You need to set the cut-off date to the date before each draw and run the filter one at time, using that setting. The ticket should then appear in the package as you test each one separately.

thanks so much G
mimie

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests