Australian PowerBall

Australian PowerBall

Postby sjontori » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:56 am

Hi Stan

I was trying to load the full wheel package in Australian Powerball which takes up about 1 Gigabyte of space.
However a message came up saying that there were too many tickets to load and that only the first 126,322,567 tickets would be shown.

As I have plenty of space 111 Gigabyte, I am wondering why the full wheel cannot be loaded.

Any Suggestions?

Sjontorie
sjontori

Re: Australian PowerBall

Postby tdnl46w » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 am

EL limits the amount of tickets that can be shown. This is probably to keep EL from running slow or running out of system ram. When inserting Full Wheels/changing packages, files are created and saved on disk as temp files under that lotto's \tmp folder. Some of these files can be very large(10+ GB, e.g. Keno). You can save these files to another location if needed and filter them directly in a Complex Filter(Run button> Select> Ticket File) until they fit into a package that can be shown. I'm guessing these temp files are used for Undo/Redo operations. Maybe stan can explain more.

Note. If you Exit/Restart EL, all but the most recent package temp file in that lotto's \tmp folder should automatically be deleted. On my system, under certain conditions, sometimes these files are not automatically deleted. So you may have to occasionally check other lotto \tmp folders for large files.
tdnl46w

Re: Australian PowerBall

Postby stan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:29 am

The full wheel will be generated and stored on your disk. However the user interface has some limitations and cannot display that many tickets in a single table - hence the error message. But you can filter the whole wheel and all tickets will be processed.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests