I'm LOVING the Match Winning Numbers filter but...

I'm LOVING the Match Winning Numbers filter but...

Postby pyst7lot » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:41 am

May we have a change so we can select draws by number as well as by date.

What I'm doing with it if anyone is interested. :)
Firstly I have reduced each match 0 to 6 to ranges which would have won me the last 20 draws.
ie. for my NZ 6/40 game match 4s are usually between 1 and 10 previous matches in 2090 draws
ie. for match 3s there are between 55 and 75 previous matches
ie. I use similar for match 2s, 1s and 0s - different ranges of course.
It misses sometimes but those parameters catch more winning combinations than it missses.

Not only that but also.
I use the same filter to make further reductions by removing any line which doesn't have a match three in every 100 draws - it seems to be a rare thing for there to be no match 3 in most 100 draw sets.
AND I also check for match 2s in those 100 draw sets - 10 to 26 matches per 100 draws seem to cover most winning lines. Any line which doesn't have 10 to 26 hits per 100 draws gets eliminated

I get a reduction to 514,833 lines from 3838380 with that effort.

I think I will keep checking only 2090 draws for a while - maybe forever. It's a filter which takes a little while to do its thing. ie. I have saved the lines and loaded them as a package so I don't have to repeat the same thing over and over.

Looking at more ways to use this filter. Might try for more reductions with different draw ranges. So far I've done 20x100 draws (2000 draws) 1 to 100, 101 to 200 etc. Might have to add draws 51 to 150, 151 to 250 etc although the filter gets less and less effective after each reduction made by using it.

Another consideration.
Looking for any 100 draw block which had 7 or more 3 number matches and eliminate all lines which had 7 or more 3 number matches in that block - hoping it won't repeat.

PS. I use MS Excel to do my checking - not sure if this software does this sort of thing. My head is in a spin just trying to do magical things with all the fantastic filters.

Off topic: I found the Arithmetic Complexity filter and thought 'what the heck is this'. It's quite clever although my mind is a fog trying to understand how it works mathematically. lol Was going to ask what the %s were for each min/max but I just realised I can do that myself
pyst7lot

Re: I'm LOVING the Match Winning Numbers filter but...

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:18 am

pyst7lot wrote:May we have a change so we can select draws by number as well as by date.

By ticket number or something different than selected draws latest ranges?
tdnl46w

Postby pyst7lot » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:41 am

tdnl46w wrote:
pyst7lot wrote:May we have a change so we can select draws by number as well as by date.

By ticket number or something different than selected draws latest ranges?

I need it for older draws like to select the first 100 draws then the second 100 draws. At the moment I see the only way to select them is by date which means I need to look up the dates. Using draw numbers would be so much easier.
pyst7lot

Postby pyst7lot » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 am

I worked really hard on my reduction this week to narrow down the combinations I needed to choose my lines from and I could have saved my time - it was a stinky draw 6-22-26-28-29-39 with no help from the bonus number 25. I don't even need to check my tickets to find out if I won - there's no way I would pick a combination like that. lol
pyst7lot

Postby tdnl46w » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 am

pyst7lot wrote: Using draw numbers would be so much easier.

If it is not by ticket numbers or selected draw ranges, can you give an example?

pyst7lot wrote:Looking for any 100 draw block which had 7 or more 3 number matches and eliminate all lines which had 7 or more 3 number matches in that block - hoping it won't repeat.

PS. I use MS Excel to do my checking - not sure if this software does this sort of thing.

The Match Winning Numbers filter can limit the count of tickets matched for the selected draws using the filters Min/Max input fields.
tdnl46w

Postby pyst7lot » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:09 am

Update on my original post. It didn't turn out to be as good or successful as I hoped. Oh well - got something else to look at. lol
pyst7lot

Return to Comments, suggestions, feature requests