Copy complex filters from one Lotto to another one.

Copy complex filters from one Lotto to another one.

Postby jdippenaar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Stan, I would like to copy a few complex filters from one lotto to another one with exactly the same attributes (6/49 with a 7th bonus number) Is it possible to do this and how does one go about it? I have the complex filters for the existing lotto in a folder I created. I created a similar folder with another name for the new Lotto and copied the complex filters across to that folder. When I open the new Lotto their names appear in italics but cannot be opened. In addition they also appear as duplicates in the first Lotto from where I copied. It seems it still accesses the information in the original Lotto in some way.Can you give me some help with this please. It will be a mammoth task to manually recreate all these filters in the new Lotto.
jdippenaar

Re: Copy complex filters from one Lotto to another one.

Postby stan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:12 pm

You don't have to copy filter files from one folder to another just to open them in a different lottery. You can open any filter in any folder in any lottery:)

However three things may happen:

1. The filter you opened for created for a different lottery type. For example when opening a complex filter for pick 3 lottery in a jackpot lottery. In that case you'll get a message that filter isn't compatible and the filter window will close automatically.

2. The filter was created in a different lottery type but is compatible with your current lottery. For example filter for 6/49 lottery will open in 6/45 lottery. You can run and preview the filter but you won't be able to modify it. Please note that the draw schedule must be the same in both lotteries for a filter to be compatible.

3. The filter was created in a lottery that has the same setup as your current lottery - pool sizes, draw schedule etc. You can preview, run and modify the filter without any restrictions.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: Copy complex filters from one Lotto to another one.

Postby jdippenaar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks Stan.
jdippenaar

Return to Tips + Tricks