How to edit a complex filter

How to edit a complex filter

Postby Red Devil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 am

To complex filter users,

Can anyone tell me how to edit a complex filter once it has been created and saved.

I have created a complex filter of 20 separate Match Number filters, each filter represents one draw so I have 20 lines, one for each of the previous 20 draws. I need to edit this filter after adding a new draw.

In EL4 I would do this as a Group Filter, customise > overwrite the oldest of the 20 match number filters and then move it up to the top of the list.

Rgds

RD
Red Devil

Re: How to edit a complex filter

Postby Falcon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 am

RD,

This should be no more than going to File>Open File at the location where you have your complex filters saved and select your filter. When you have your filter open select Design and every line of you filter is selectable for editing, or copy an existing line and paste in another line in which you can then edit for the details derived from the next subsequent draw.

cheers

falcon
Falcon

Postby Red Devil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:21 am

Falcon,

Thanks, it sort of works, you can edit each line but you cannot change the hierarchy as in EL4.

Also finding it difficult to change the name.

RD
Red Devil

Postby Jerzy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:33 am

Red Devil,

You can drag and drop any sub-filter to change its hierarchy.

To change the filter's name, place a new name and save the filter using "Save as".
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:11 am

Jerzy,

Thanks just tried that and it works, the drag and drop didn't appear to work the first time, it's just a matter of dropping in exactly the right place.

The only other thing is that I copied a file "MP20 match0" and renamed it "MP20 match2", edited it and saved it, when I open it the name of the window it opens in remains "MP20 match0".

I have attached a screenshot.

Rgds

RD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red Devil

Postby Jerzy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Red Devil,

To drag and drop a sub-filter in the right place we have to use our manual skills. Sometimes we can make mistakes, but we can drag and drop again and again until we are satisfied.

Putting the name in the lower part of filter panel does not change the filter name.

To change the filter name go to File and click on Save As... The panel Save As will open. Change or correct the name of the filter (in the File Name box) and save it.

After that you also need to change the name in Name & Description --> Name and save it in File --> Save.
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Jerzy,

Got it thanks, still on a learning curve with EL5, some of the editing is a little more long winded than EL4, but EL5 filters are a lot quicker to run, particularly WN History Filters.

RD :)
Red Devil

Return to Tips + Tricks