sums / differences / segmentation - history summary

sums / differences / segmentation - history summary

Postby smokers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 am

Hi all,

I would like to have some more info regarding the usage of sums differences and segmentation from the history summary screen, especially
    1. what would be the order of using these along with the levels and sliders?
    2. When to use sums sliders?
    3. When to use differences?
    4. When and how to use segmentation?

Many thanks in advance :).
smokers

Re: sums / differences / segmentation - history summary

Postby stan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:12 pm

There's no definitive answer to such a question:) You can use just one of those value types or all of them.
Perhaps it's best to use them all and then cross check your estimates for all the History value types - if their ranges don't overlap at a least a bit then you should look at your estimates again.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby smokers » Thu May 25, 2017 3:21 pm

In time I observed that it is true what you say (except segmentation, because I really don't understand it:) ). The thing is that estimates is also another lottery :)) really ironic, but it is. I use quite a few levels of estimates and last time I have estimated wrong only 5 levels ... only five .. but these mistakes lead me to wrong combinations :(.
smokers

Postby stan » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Unfortunately there are no free meals in the lottery business ... :(
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby tintan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:12 am

Smokers,
Segmentation is hard to learn but from Level 0 you can see most of the winning numbers come from that level, if I am not wrong.
tintan
tintan

Postby smokers » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:51 pm

tintan wrote:Smokers,
Segmentation is hard to learn but from Level 0 you can see most of the winning numbers come from that level, if I am not wrong.
tintan

Perhaps Stan could create a more detailed article in segmentation theory and how to use this :). I've seen that this is in high demand.
smokers

Postby Meisterkeks » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:05 pm

YES, I would like to understand better :)
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby stan » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 pm

You can think of the History segments as 'dynamic' number groups. Each group contains numbers that have the History value (difference) in the given range 1-6, 6-12 etc (or whatever you set in application settings). And then there are various filters and stats evaluating the distribution of numbers into those groups (segmentation) or how many pool numbers fit into each group (segment sizes).
Still not clear?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby smokers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 pm

yes, I'm beginning to understand ... somehow. Even try to apply this. However, why segmentation is not calculated for the current/latest draw? I am sure that the logic behind. Maybe Stan could bring some light in this.
smokers

Postby tdnl46w » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 am

smokers wrote:Hi all,

I would like to have some more info regarding the usage of sums differences and segmentation from the history summary screen, especially
    1. what would be the order of using these along with the levels and sliders?
    2. When to use sums sliders?
    3. When to use differences?
    4. When and how to use segmentation?

Many thanks in advance :).

1. - There's no order, unless you want to follow a specific trend or values from one feature to another.
2. - When you see a strong trend, like a significant up or down flow in the charts, you may want to use the sliders to mark that range. Then test filter(preview) how many tickets it removes.
3. - Same as #2.
4. - When and how depends on how you setup the segment options(see below).

Each segment is just a range of ticket number interval differences(not history sum differences). You setup the segments 'Max difference:' ranges to match what you are looking for.
For instance(adding to stan's reply,...). If you wanted to analyze how many numbers per ticket had interval differences of between 1 - 5 draws, 6 - 10 draws, and 11+ draws, the setup would use 3 segments:

Segment 1 -> Max difference: 5 = ticket numbers with interval differences of 1 to 5.
Segment 2 -> Max difference: 10 = ticket numbers with interval differences of 6 to 10.
Segment 3 -> --- empty --- = ticket numbers with interval differences of 11+.

When you analyze Segment Combinations, the tables/properties windows will now show three segment numbers under each level(i.e. 3-1-2 for a six number lotto). Each number represents how many ticket numbers occured in that segment. Tip; I usually follow a hot, warm and cold strategy to these intervals.

smokers wrote:... why segmentation is not calculated for the current/latest draw? ...

The way the program is setup, I'm guessing the stats show "n/a" there because you would want to analyze or filter from the latest draw's previous history. The current history would always start with the same Level 0 values making it harder to plan for the next draw(?). To see what I mean, you can view the stats for latest draw by turning on the 'What If' feature, then input the latest draw numbers.

These are just some general ways/info I use the history features.
tdnl46w

Postby Meisterkeks » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 am

Hello,

how can one explain these different results in the evaluation:
1 x with EXCEL
1 x with ExpertLotto
(last contribution)

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2745
Thank you

Best Regards!

Meisterkeks
Meisterkeks

Postby ChesterDennis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:56 pm

A stupid question on my part....

Is EL checking the rows or the columns? You may think it's checking one way (i.e. columns) while it's actually checking the other (i.e. rows) - or vice versa.

I've encountered this a few times while using some of the filters.

Just a guess,
CD
ChesterDennis

Postby stan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:00 pm

smokers wrote:yes, I'm beginning to understand ... somehow. Even try to apply this. However, why segmentation is not calculated for the current/latest draw? I am sure that the logic behind. Maybe Stan could bring some light in this.

That's just an implementation detail - at minimum two draws are needed to show the segmentation. So the application can either show the segmentation value for the latest draw and 'n/a' for the previous, i.e. last draw. Or it can show 'n/a' for the latest draw and the segmentation value for the previous, i.e. last draw.
I think the current implementation is better as the latest draw defines the segments and you're trying to guess how the upcoming draw will be distributed into those segments.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Tips + Tricks