The Function of Winning Numbers

Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM ABOUT THE FUNCTION

Postby stan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 am

lottoboy wrote:
stan wrote:
lottoboy wrote:Hi, Stan:

I find another problem about the function in my downloading. According to your Help, the lottery winning data shoulb be downloaded into the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents but some lotteries have been downloaded
outside of the Folder of Lotteries in my Documents even my operation is same with others. Why?

i don't know. probably because you chose that folder when creating a new lottery. or you copied the lottery folder using windows explorer.
it actually doesn't matter where your lotteries are stored in. you can browse any folder when opening a different lottery in expert lotto.

Stan,
I still don't understand your explaination about"it actually doesn't matter where your lotteries are stored in. you can browse any folder when opening a different lottery in expert lotto" Why V4 never has such problems? And all data is in a same folder clearly in V4 during a downloading instead of the lotto data can go to every where freely in V5 during a downloading. Maybe, is this an advantage of V5 comparing to V4? Also, V4 can update all lotto data online almost but V5 does that only 6 games in the world. :mrgreen:

i moved all lottery folders out of the application folder as it makes application updates and reinstallations harder - uninstalling the application also removes all your lottery data. that's not what you want in most cases.
in version 5 you can remove the application but your lottery data stay intact in their separate folders - possible with the wheels and filters you had created.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM ABOUT THE FUNCTION

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:10 pm

[/quote]i moved all lottery folders out of the application folder as it makes application updates and reinstallations harder - uninstalling the application also removes all your lottery data. that's not what you want in most cases.
in version 5 you can remove the application but your lottery data stay intact in their separate folders - possible with the wheels and filters you had created
[/quote]

Stan,
Sorry, I don't understand what did you say above. I just feel the function of Winning Numbers in V4 is more Convenient than V5's in my using both V4 & V5 as a customer.
lottoboy

Re: The Function of Winning Numbers

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

stan wrote:because you're the only one using chinese regional settings, like number formating and mainly calendar settings. that's why i want you to run the application with english regional settings (hence the --locale en switch) to see if it makes any difference

Why V4 is ok in same pc and regional settings? Also, it is normal to have two or more regional settings in a pc for all members.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm

stan wrote:[ok, add the parameter after the last quote character:
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Expert Lotto 5 BETA\bin\expertlotto.exe" --locale en

because you're the only one using chinese regional settings, like number formating and mainly calendar settings. that's why i want you to run the application with english regional settings (hence the --locale en switch) to see if it makes any difference[/quote]

Hi, Stan:
Unfortunately, it's still wrong even i did following your instructions. Why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:59 pm

lottoboy wrote:Unfortunately, it's still wrong even i did following your instructions. Why?

i think i found the problem - you're in a different time zone so all draw dates are shifted one day back. soon i'll upload a new application update that should fix the issue.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 am

stan wrote:
lottoboy wrote:Unfortunately, it's still wrong even i did following your instructions. Why?

i think i found the problem - you're in a different time zone so all draw dates are shifted one day back. soon i'll upload a new application update that should fix the issue.

Stan,
Thanks for your sincere and smart help!! I'm looking forward to your new update now.
In addition, I'm still confused why other members who live in USA too don't meet the problems even we are in a same time zone?
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 am

Stan,
Still the Function of Winning Numbers:
1) To get correct Winning #s, I have to import the data from V4 to V5. In other words, I need to copy the latest data from Internet to Import Wizard in V4 first, then import the Folder in V4 to Lottery in V5. (this is funny really!) But there is a problem in the process of Import still. I can not import all data from V4 to V5 even the data in V4 has been updated.
So, I have to add the other missing data into V5 by hand. Also, I have to delete the old data folder from Lottery in V5 first when I want to update/import the latest data from V4 to V5 each time because the information appeared on the screen: "The target derectory must be empty" Why?
2) I can not add my lotto game into the Wizard of online update in V5 even I did it following your Help step by step.Also,I can not get any usefull help from the HELP.
3) The only way is to add the Winning #s into V5 by hand one by one. But too much data to do it by hand!!!
Stan, I don't belive that so many problems are in your V5, Why???

As you know, the function of Winning #s just the first step in V5. I'm afraid how about the second step, 3rd step, ...???
I DONT THINK THE CURRENT V5 HAS BEEN COMPLETED NOW!!
I'm sorry to say so many problems for your V5.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 am

lottoboy wrote:Stan,
Still the Function of Winning Numbers:
1) To get correct Winning #s, I have to import the data from V4 to V5. In other words, I need to copy the latest data from Internet to Import Wizard in V4 first, then import the Folder in V4 to Lottery in V5. (this is funny really!) But there is a problem in the process of Import still. I can not import all data from V4 to V5.
So, I have to add the other missing data into V5 by hand. Also, I have to delete the old data folder from Lottery in V5 when I want to update the latest data each time because the information appeared on the screen: "The target derectory must be empty" Why?
2) I can not add my lotto game into the Wizard of online update in V5 even I did it following your Help step by step.Also,I can not get any usefull help from the HELP.
3) The only way is to add the Winning #s into V5 by hand one by one. But too much data to do it by hand!!!
Stan, I don't belive that so many problems are in your V5, Why???

As you know, the function of Winning #s just the first step in V5. I'm afraid how about the second step, 3rd step, ...???
I DONT THINK THE CURRENT V5 HAS BEEN COMPLETED NOW!!
I'm sorry to say so many problems for your V5.

probably my english isn't good enough to describe version 5 properly. on the other hand there are many other expert lotto 5 users and none of them had any problems understanding how to upgrade to version 5.
so i guess expert lotto 5 is not the right tool for you then. you'll have to keep using version 4.x or find some other lottery software.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

stan wrote:

i've uploaded the new app update. pls click menu 'help - check for updates' and apply all updates available.
then go to menu 'file - new - lottery' and setup a new new york lotto lottery and let me know if your problem is fixed, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:47 pm

stan wrote:
stan wrote:

i've uploaded the new app update. pls click menu 'help - check for updates' and apply all updates available.
then go to menu 'file - new - lottery' and setup a new new york lotto lottery and let me know if your problem is fixed, thanks

Stan,
Sorry, It's still not working for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Stan,
Also, I can not download some lotto data which has the same name. For example, I have downloaded the Classic Lotto of Connecticut, USA first. But V5 deneid to work for downloading the Classic Lotto of Ohio, USA then. Please look the attach.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Sorry, It's still not working for me.

did you create a new ny lotto lottery folder using the wizard?
also pls click menu 'help - about' and post a screen shot here, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Also, I can not download some lotto data which has the same name. For example, I have downloaded the Classic Lotto of Connecticut, USA first. But V5 deneid to work for downloading the Classic Lotto of Ohio, USA then. Please look the attach.

it doesn't deny downloading. it's just saying that it cannot save the lottery in the given folder because the folder isn't empty. very likely because there already is a lottery you created in previous session in that folder. either pick a new folder name or delete the older lottery folder.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:09 pm

pls apply app updates again. it seems the previous app update didn't build correctly so i uploaded a new one
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:00 pm

stan wrote:pls apply app updates again. it seems the previous app update didn't build correctly so i uploaded a new one

Stan,
It's OK after downloading the newest Update just now. Thanks.
But there are still two problems in the function:
1) The correct downloading can not get all Winning data (see the attach). How can I add the missing Winning Numbers in V5? By hand or others? Please let me know the operation in detail.
2) I can not rename the Folder in my Lottery of V5 and it showed me "YOU NEED A PERMISSION FOR THE CHANGE" when I changed the name of folder from "classic lotto" to "classic lotto _ CT" for downloading Ohio classic lotto. Is it normal to V5 program? If not , how can I resolve the problem? Thanks.
Last edited by lottoboy on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lottoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Winning Numbers History