WNH as a strategy

WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 am

I recently got EL5, and I am new to both lottery software as well as using software to try and predict the next draw.

I think I understand how to use odd/even filters, high/low, ticket sums, mutual matches, standard deviations, as a strategy for trying to predict the properties of the next draw. In fact, using EL5 I recently filtered down 201,000 combinations in a Cash 5 game to 10 tickets. One of those tickets had a 4/5 win, so I was quite pleased with both my strategy as well as EL5. EL5 helped me filter out all the tickets I didnt want until I was down to those final 10. On some other draws, even though I didn't have all the right numbers, I did see how I was close in my predictions. For example, if I predicted a 2:4 odd/even ticket, the actual draw was 2:4 as well.

What I'd like to do, is add WNH into my strategy too, but I am not sure I understand the function of WNH. I don't mean the software itself, but rather the strategy. I'm not a mathematician so I am not sure I am reading those histories properly nor do I know how to use the history for future draws. What am I looking for in the WNH that can help me predict future draws? How do I use that history to come up with my next predictions?

I'd appreciate any help (in laymans terms if possible) understanding those sums and their movements and how the past draws can help predict future draws.
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby stan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:37 am

did you read application documentation on history features?
there are also some tutorials in the section for expert lotto 4.x. they are a bit out-dated but the basic strategy ideas are still valid.
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6285
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes, I did. I went back over them again last night, I think I may be starting to get it.

It looks like it's just a matter of reading the past history like with odds/evens, etc and trying to make a guess where the next #'s will fall.
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 am

OK, I think I got it now.

I did a 5/32 Cash 5 tonite, and tried predicting the +/- values of the sums, gave myself a +/-10 on either side, and got 8 out of the 11 correct. It gave me some 3/5 wins which doesn't make me rich but was an encouragement and gave me a good idea how both the software and strategy works.

BTW, we have a new 6/38 game that has only drawn about 95 times, I highly doubt that is not enough for a solid WNH. What do you suggest as a minimum # of draws before using the WNH as a strategy?
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby stan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 pm

ameriken wrote:BTW, we have a new 6/38 game that has only drawn about 95 times, I highly doubt that is not enough for a solid WNH. What do you suggest as a minimum # of draws before using the WNH as a strategy?

it might be enough if you use just 3 or 4 levels only.
open history sums chart for all draws in your database. if the charts are skewed at the beginning then there are not enough draws to produce solid results.
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6285
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:30 am

Stan, this is no big deal and maybe it'll help me understand the WNH feature a little better: when doing my daily predictions, I noticed a triplet (7-17-27) coming up in every package repeatedly every day over the past 4 days, even after entering new winning numbers each day. It just seemed kind of odd to see those same 3 numbers appear day after day after day and was just wondering why a triplet would keep showing up like that even after entering new winning numbers?

Again, no big deal, I'm just curious, I had always seen different number each day.
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby stan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:08 pm

ameriken wrote:Stan, this is no big deal and maybe it'll help me understand the WNH feature a little better: when doing my daily predictions, I noticed a triplet (7-17-27) coming up in every package repeatedly every day over the past 4 days, even after entering new winning numbers each day. It just seemed kind of odd to see those same 3 numbers appear day after day after day and was just wondering why a triplet would keep showing up like that even after entering new winning numbers?

Again, no big deal, I'm just curious, I had always seen different number each day.

you mean there's a triplet of numbers that are always present in the package after your filtering? do you use any other filters besides the history ones?
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6285
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 pm

stan wrote:
ameriken wrote:Stan, this is no big deal and maybe it'll help me understand the WNH feature a little better: when doing my daily predictions, I noticed a triplet (7-17-27) coming up in every package repeatedly every day over the past 4 days, even after entering new winning numbers each day. It just seemed kind of odd to see those same 3 numbers appear day after day after day and was just wondering why a triplet would keep showing up like that even after entering new winning numbers?

Again, no big deal, I'm just curious, I had always seen different number each day.

you mean there's a triplet of numbers that are always present in the package after your filtering? do you use any other filters besides the history ones?

It's the same triplet and #'s that has appeared quite prominently in the packages over the past 4 to 5 days before I start my filtering.
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby ameriken » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:35 pm

BTW, I don't think there is a problem with the software, it does a fine job. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind why a triplet (or certain #') as such might appear so frequently and prominently for several days, even though the winning numbers are changing. I've not noticed this before. If I can understand what is going on in the history, it might help me in my predictions, which is why I posted this in a 'strategy' thread. Thanks.
ameriken
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: The Rocky Mountain Front Range

Re: WNH as a strategy

Postby stan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:50 pm

if you start with a full wheel before history filtering then the package will naturally contain that triplet (and all others).
the history filters don't operate over triplets, it evaluates all numbers in the pool separately.

(or maybe i just don't understand what you're referring to?:)
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6285
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm


Return to Winning Numbers History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron