Questions about powerball/megamillions

Questions about powerball/megamillions

Postby ameriken » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:00 am

I have a couple of question regarding these games with such a large pool of numbers.

First, I like using the 'my estimates' function for adjusting the sums in the WNH to make my predictions for each game. I noticed with both PB and MM, in the WNH Summary, there are huge drops in the sums that occur every so-many draws. The drops in the sums can be in the thousands. The most recent drop occurs in Level 10 in powerball last year. How do these affect the predictions using 'my estimates'? I don't see where I can predict an 1800 or 2600 drop in the sums. Is there a way around this?

Also, do the WNH sums include the bonus number, or just the 5 numbers.

Second, since these games have such large pools of tickets, I cannot insert a full wheel. I can use an interval of 2 which will cut the # of tickets in half, but I potentially can cut out the winning ticket. Is there a way I can reduce the ticket pool by filtering out certain numbers of my own choosing, such as eliminating numbers on either side of the bell curve like 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-6, 1-2-3-4-7; or perhaps ticket sums on the lower and higher ends when I am inserting the wheel?
ameriken

Re: Questions about powerball/megamillions

Postby stan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:13 pm

ameriken wrote:I have a couple of question regarding these games with such a large pool of numbers.

First, I like using the 'my estimates' function for adjusting the sums in the WNH to make my predictions for each game. I noticed with both PB and MM, in the WNH Summary, there are huge drops in the sums that occur every so-many draws. The drops in the sums can be in the thousands. The most recent drop occurs in Level 10 in powerball last year. How do these affect the predictions using 'my estimates'? I don't see where I can predict an 1800 or 2600 drop in the sums. Is there a way around this?

that's most likely because powerball and megamillions lottery rules have changed at that moment there are more or less numbers in the pool.
you can either ignore that drop or remove all past numbers drawn by the old lottery rules.

Also, do the WNH sums include the bonus number, or just the 5 numbers.

main numbers only.

Second, since these games have such large pools of tickets, I cannot insert a full wheel. I can use an interval of 2 which will cut the # of tickets in half, but I potentially can cut out the winning ticket. Is there a way I can reduce the ticket pool by filtering out certain numbers of my own choosing, such as eliminating numbers on either side of the bell curve like 1-2-3-4-5, 1-2-3-4-6, 1-2-3-4-7; or perhaps ticket sums on the lower and higher ends when I am inserting the wheel?

insert a full wheel with the same bonus number(s), filter it down and then either pick bonus numbers at random or check stats which bonus numbers are more likely in the next draw and change the bonuses in filtered draws.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History