Segment logic

Segment logic

Postby djdez » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Stan

I was trying to calculate manually the segment sizes but from level1 i seem to lose the logic.

What i did is i took the last 6 draws and then counted all numbers hit in the last 6 draws.(My setting for segment 1 is 1-6).

For segment 1 on level0 i look at last 6 draws then count numbers hit, i get correct answer same as EL.

For segment 1 on level 1,i thought i would exclude last draw and look at remaining last 6, segment 2 on level1 i would exclude last 2 draws and look at remaining last 6 draws. e.t.c but this gives me different value from what EL calculates.
djdez

Re: Segment logic

Postby stan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm

djdez wrote:For segment 1 on level 1,i thought i would exclude last draw and look at remaining last 6, segment 2 on level1 i would exclude last 2 draws and look at remaining last 6 draws. e.t.c but this gives me different value from what EL calculates.

in level 1 you must actually exclude the last occurrence of each pool number - the count of draws will vary for each number. for level 2 you must exclude the last 2 occurrences of each number...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby djdez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Stan

Are the pool numbers,the numbers in the last 6 draws? The reason why i wanted this is i am doing some analysis on segments before each draw i want to build a table with the following structure only at segment 1 for each level:
Once i determin the numbers in segment 1 at each level then i can compute for each combination how many are in seg1 for each level.

num1,num2,num3,num4,num5,num6,lv0 seg0,lv1 seg0,lv2 seg0,lv3 seg0,lv4 seg0,lv5 seg0,lv6 seg0,lv7 seg0,lv8 seg0,lv9 seg0lv10 seg0
25, 26, 29, 31, 35, 47, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3
djdez

Postby stan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:03 pm

i'm not sure you understand the history segments correctly. the segmentation table is based on skips of all numbers in the drawing pool. level 0 shows the skips since the last occurrence of each number. the 6 latest drawn number are naturally always in the first row because they skipped 1 draw only.
you cannot build segmentation table for level 1 to 10 by hiding some latest draws. the skips are different for each number. let's say that for example number 1 hit 3 draws ago so it will be on row #3 in level 0. before that it hit 7 draws ago so it will be on row #7 in level 1. however number 2 hit for example 10 draws ago and before that it hit 5 draws ago. so it will be on row #5 in level 1. so if you hide 3 latest draws you will get wrong position for number 2. if you hide 10 latest draws you'll get wrong position for number 1 in level 1.

just look at number history table in latest history window while having 'differences only' selected in 'show as' combo box. the values in each level column are actually row number from segmentation table in corresponding level.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History