Help for newb

Help for newb

Postby jc2012 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:08 am

Hi all,

I have just recently discovered Expert Lotto so it is hard for me to understand some of its functions. I have been experimenting with the History feature using the Help section of the application. The final para of the History help section says "If a single Level value is out of the estimated range, the Jackpot ticket is lost. But here are various strategies to compensate for possible errors in estimated ranges." Could someone tell me about what strategies these are exactly?
jc2012

Re: Help for newb

Postby stan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:28 pm

First of all you must filter with option 'At least X to Y Levels must pass'. For example when using the default 11 Levels you should use 'At least 8 to 11 Levels must pass'. This way you can make up to 3 mistakes in your estimates but you'll end up with more tickets after filtering.

Then try any or all of the following:
- look at segmentation tables for each Level and try to guess how many numbers will come from each segment
- run Draw Simulation to see which History values are the most frequent
- use other History filters
- use conventional filters
- when you're done filtering run Draw Simulation again using the filtered tickets and compare the simulation Histogram with your original estimates
- use Best Tickets filter to maximize lower tier winnings
- pick X most frequent numbers from the filtered tickets and put them into a wheel of your choice
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby jc2012 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks, Stan. One more question:

stan wrote:- when you're done filtering run Draw Simulation again using the filtered tickets and compare the simulation Histogram with your original estimates

What is the purpose of running the draw simulation again? What will it give me?
jc2012

Postby stan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:15 pm

jc2012 wrote:What is the purpose of running the draw simulation again? What will it give me?

You must run the Draw Simulation using tickets you've filtered so far. You'll see which History values are most common and you can compare them with your original estimates.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby nikkil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks but I'm just wondering on how accurate the results are.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Postby stan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm

nikkil wrote:Thanks but I'm just wondering on how accurate the results are.

What results?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Winning Numbers History