wish list for Expert Lotto 5.0

Postby sysp34 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:22 am

[quote=CARBOB:1221161260]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CARBOB]
Stan a very important feature for El concening Pick 3 is the ability to combine Midday and Eve draws, 2 draws, same date. El now will not allow same date draws.
[/quote]
???
[/quote]

One draw is Mid, the other is Eve.

09/10/08 8 5 5
09/10/08 0 9 8
09/09/08 0 6 0
09/09/08 8 5 4
09/08/08 1 6 1
09/08/08 3 6 3
09/07/08 2 4 0
09/07/08 9 7 4
09/06/08 1 5 3
09/06/08 9 5 6
09/05/08 9 7 5
09/05/08 6 6 6
[/quote]

Bob

i think you must change HOW MANY SET OF WINNING NUMBERS ARE DRAWN ON EACH DRAWING DAY? 1 become 2

see the attachment, i hope this is the right one lol not tested but when seeing 1st it must be right is it?

gl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sysp34

Postby Red Devil » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Stan,

In Statistics/Winning Numbers we have stats for Repeated [x]. Is it possible to have a filter that automaticaly calls up all the numbers in the last [x] draws that we can choose a match 1,2,3 etc.

Curtrently the only way I see of doing this is to enter the numbers into the match numbers filter.

Rgds

RD
Red Devil

Postby stan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:17 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
In Statistics/Winning Numbers we have stats for Repeated [x]. Is it possible to have a filter that automaticaly calls up all the numbers in the last [x] draws that we can choose a match 1,2,3 etc.

Curtrently the only way I see of doing this is to enter the numbers into the match numbers filter.
[/quote]

it is possible - same as almost any other filter. pls don't post feature requests for new filter. i'm more interested in general application workflow improvements.
(pls remind me this filter when version 5.0 is stable enough for adding extra filters:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Segment Naming/Nomenclature.

Postby Falcon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:15 am

Stan,

Segments exist in the Expert Lotto as

3-2-1
4-1-1
3-0-3 etc for a 6 ball lottery and with other combinations for other ball lotteries.

Can the hyphens be removed?

Segments would then be described as -
303 etc

The reason for this suggestion is that segments when used within Excel have to entered as string values and for some I suggest that this might cause some difficulties. The problem arises particularly when using the Multiple Segments Combinations Filter and exporting files into Excel. It is not uncommon to see a column of dates where a column of segments ought to be.

Thus describing a segment as a number instead of a string I believe would lead to much easier handling of the exported data.

This suggestion is actually from Bobijohn who is from Houston Texas. As you will be aware Houston suffered recently under the impact of Hurricane Ike. Bobijohn is fine but currently has more pressing needs and so he has asked me to post this suggestion just in case Stan gets beyond the point in development of the new version where this suggestion might be incorporated should it be deemed suitable.

falcon
Falcon

WN History > Simulation

Postby Falcon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 am

And also from Bobijohn.

When one does a Simulation run it is derived off the last recorded entry in the Winning Numbers database. Could there be a Simulation process with some look back? By which I mean could the Simulation run cover say the last 5 or 10 draws so that if there is any trend developing it might then become apparent.

One can do this by editing the Winning Numbers database and progressing through the last 5 or 10 draws. If the program could do this in one run it would obviously be much more efficient.

falcon
Falcon

Postby daniel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

[quote=Falcon]
falcon
[/quote]

Falcon,
I remove the hyphens with with the "Replace all" function in
a text editor i.e. EditPad Lite.
daniel
daniel

Postby Jerzy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 am

If the segments are written without hyphens, they will look like WNH sums and they could be mistaken for sums.

And we would be required to re-learn our EL skills, which would not make happy many of us.
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Yes, two points from the above responses.

As Daniel says - he removes the hyphens with a text editor - in effect a workaround presumably because he has experienced difficulty in using string values in excel and which I am sure many others probably have as well. Thus he tacitly confirms there are issues. But yes again to Jerzy's comment - the suggested segment presentation would indeed look like WNH sum values and thus possibly create more confusion or difficulties.

So does the answer lie somewhere else? I have thought that perhaps some template mechanism in EL might be a way to go thus removing the need to export anything out to excel at all.

falcon
Falcon

Segments

Postby CARBOB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Stan,

In v5.0, would it be possible to have multi choices for segments? For example 6/12/18/24, would leave 5 segments.
CARBOB

Postby Jerzy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:45 am

Stan,

I support the idea of multichoices for the segments system. People think of it but cannot experiment with 4 or 5 segment systems because there is no software for it.

If there was a possibilty of re-setting the segment structure to work with 3 segments (as it is now), or with 4 segments, or with 5 segments, the user would have a possibilty to find the segment structure that works best for his game. I do not believe that 3 segment system, which is now available, is the best for each and every imaginable game.

And within each of three segment systems the user should be given a choice of adjusting the size of the segment components.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:57 pm

[quote=Falcon:1222058797]
And also from Bobijohn.

When one does a Simulation run it is derived off the last recorded entry in the Winning Numbers database. Could there be a Simulation process with some look back? By which I mean could the Simulation run cover say the last 5 or 10 draws so that if there is any trend developing it might then become apparent.

One can do this by editing the Winning Numbers database and progressing through the last 5 or 10 draws. If the program could do this in one run it would obviously be much more efficient.

falcon
[/quote]
good idea
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:58 pm

[quote=Jerzy:1222137949]
Stan,

I support the idea of multichoices for the segments system. People think of it but cannot experiment with 4 or 5 segment systems because there is no software for it.

If there was a possibilty of re-setting the segment structure to work with 3 segments (as it is now), or with 4 segments, or with 5 segments, the user would have a possibilty to find the segment structure that works best for his game. I do not believe that 3 segment system, which is now available, is the best for each and every imaginable game.

And within each of three segment systems the user should be given a choice of adjusting the size of the segment components.
[/quote]

ok
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:00 pm

[quote=Falcon:1222056946]
Stan,

Segments exist in the Expert Lotto as

3-2-1
4-1-1
3-0-3 etc for a 6 ball lottery and with other combinations for other ball lotteries.

Segments would then be described as -
303 etc

The reason for this suggestion is that segments when used within Excel have to entered as string values and for some I suggest that this might cause some difficulties. The problem arises particularly when using the Multiple Segments Combinations Filter and exporting files into Excel. It is not uncommon to see a column of dates where a column of segments ought to be.

Thus describing a segment as a number instead of a string I believe would lead to much easier handling of the exported data.

This suggestion is actually from Bobijohn who is from Houston Texas. As you will be aware Houston suffered recently under the impact of Hurricane Ike. Bobijohn is fine but currently has more pressing needs and so he has asked me to post this suggestion just in case Stan gets beyond the point in development of the new version where this suggestion might be incorporated should it be deemed suitable.

falcon
[/quote]

it's just a formatting option. i'd rather keep the hyphens when showing values in expert lotto and add some extra options when exporting the data. if you play some 20/x keno lottery you may get more than 9 numbers in a single column...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi, Stan:

As you know, we have to input the wining history #s into the Package box in Win Test by hand again and again after we're using each Filter in Back-test.

Could we keep with the Wining history #s in the box of Win Test until we go to the next Back-test? If so, we can save the time for re-inputting it again and again. Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:02 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1222280702]
Hi, Stan:

As you know, we have to input the wining history #s into the Package box in Win Test by hand again and again after we're using each Filter in Back-test.

Could we keep with the Wining history #s in the box of Win Test until we go to the next Back-test? If so, we can save the time for re-inputting it again and again. Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
[/quote]

i'll do something about it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Development versions