Dual Monitors - Possible Bug

Dual Monitors - Possible Bug

Postby Bobijohn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi Stan

For your info:-

I have 2 monitors but one is often turned off through the control panel. If I have EL5 running in one and then decide to power up the second monitor (through the control panel) EL5 crashes. This is consistent. Computer carries on fine with everything else.

Running WinXpPro.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Re: Dual Monitors - Possible Bug

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:52 am

Bobijohn wrote:Hi Stan

For your info:-

I have 2 monitors but one is often turned off through the control panel. If I have EL5 running in one and then decide to power up the second monitor (through the control panel) EL5 crashes. This is consistent. Computer carries on fine with everything else.

Running WinXpPro.

Bobijohn
I have 2 monitors also but I always have both on so, I have never experienced your problem. I have mine set up as monitor 1 and monitor 2 so that monitor 2 is blank until I want to use it.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 am

i'm afraid i won't be able to help you with this one. it's probably a bug in java runtime which i can't workaround from expert lotto.
try updating your video drivers and upgrading to the latest version of java. also look for file name 'hs_er_pid_xxx.log' in expert lotto folder, there might be some hints why the application crashes.

btw, i aslo connect external monitor to my laptop but i don't have any problems with it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Stan, PadawanLotto

Thanks folks for the responses. They confirmed the problem to be at my end.

All is now fixed and running ok.

For the record I was running Java Version 6 Update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02).

I have just updated to Java Version 6 Update 21 (build 1.6.0_21-b07). This fixed the issue.

Stan--> I have attached a zip file that contains two crash logs just for your info. They were recorded about an hour apart before reporting the problem in this thread.

Again, thanks for the help.

Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Bobijohn wrote:Stan--> I have attached a zip file that contains two crash logs just for your info. They were recorded about an hour apart before reporting the problem in this thread.

the logs show a problem in hardware acceleration of 2d painting.
i'm glad the new java update helped
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the info. Will investigate further but, as I said, the initial problem is resolved -- for the time being.!! LOL.

Cheers and many thanks for all your hard work.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Return to Development versions