New Zealand Big Wednesday Lotto

New Zealand Big Wednesday Lotto

Postby niceguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am

In New Zealand we have a Wednesday lotto, (numbered 1 to 45), from which 6 main numbers are drawn. Separate to that there is another draw they call “heads or tails”. So in order to win the top prize, you have to pick the 6 main numbers, plus whether it is heads or tails. Just wondering how we go about setting up such a game in the Beta version. Maybe set up 'Heads & Tails" as though it’s a bonus number from a separate draw, & call heads say 1 & tails 2 ?
Also, when downloading the lotto results from File/New/lottery from available lotteries/New Zealand lotto, the New Zealand “Big Wednesday” lotto is not available for download. Would it be possible to include it in available lotteries so we can download the results & set up the game in the Beta version? Just wondering how you get on though, seeing the second part of the draw is "Heads or Tails" & not actual numbers. Maybe we could download the main numbers & then manually add in the heads or tails later?
niceguy

Re: New Zealand Big Wednesday Lotto

Postby stan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 pm

niceguy wrote:In New Zealand we have a Wednesday lotto, (numbered 1 to 45), from which 6 main numbers are drawn. Separate to that there is another draw they call “heads or tails”. So in order to win the top prize, you have to pick the 6 main numbers, plus whether it is heads or tails. Just wondering how we go about setting up such a game in the Beta version. Maybe set up 'Heads & Tails" as though it’s a bonus number from a separate draw, & call heads say 1 & tails 2 ?

yes
Also, when downloading the lotto results from File/New/lottery from available lotteries/New Zealand lotto, the New Zealand “Big Wednesday” lotto is not available for download. Would it be possible to include it in available lotteries so we can download the results & set up the game in the Beta version?

just use the wizard, setup a new lottery and email it to me, i'll include it in the next app update

Just wondering how you get on though, seeing the second part of the draw is "Heads or Tails" & not actual numbers. Maybe we could download the main numbers & then manually add in the heads or tails later?

you'd need to pre-process the results in some text editor first to replace 'heads' with 1 and 'tails' with 2, otherwise you won't be able to import the results into expert lotto.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks Stan Once I get it up & running, I'll be only too pleased to email the results to you for inclusion in apps
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 am

Hi Stan
I have now downloaded the New Zealand Big Wednesday results & edited them so that Heads is number 1 & Tails is number 2. See the included attachment (in notebook form),
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
niceguy

Postby stan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 pm

great. would you like to share the whole lottery setup with other expert lotto users? if so, click menu 'help - about - lottery' and press the 'zip' button next to lottery name and email me the zip archive expert lotto creates from your lottery.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:23 am

Not a problem. I'll do that when I make sure that it is all working properly, including the playslip setup.
niceguy

Return to Development versions