expert lotto 5 pricing (and new web design)

Re: expert lotto 5 pricing (and new web design)

Postby CARBOB » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Maryland wrote:Stan

I'm another one who is not a great fan of yearly dues. Upgrade to version 5 for 29.95 sounds ok for registered Pro users as a one time fee and then if there is a major upgrade and I like it then another 29.95 is acceptable. I figure this way we own something we paid for and you have a incentive to make it even better for the extra cash. By the way version 5 is a nice piece of work!

My thoughts also.
CARBOB

Postby djdez » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Stan

What is Expert Lotto Hobby?
djdez

Postby stan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:59 pm

djdez wrote:What is Expert Lotto Hobby?

a slimmed down version of expert lotto pro. for example 'history' features aren't available in the hobby edition.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi Stan

If you have not already, could you please address the following:-

1). Can we run the same licensed EL 5 on more than 1 machine e.g. mine and the wife's or, does that require two licenses?

2). I am in the process of moving my daily activities to Linux based OS (trying out several right now). Machine will dual boot for a while. Question is - can the same license be used for more than one operating system? Assume on the same machine.

Perhaps some clarification along these lines would be helpful for others too.

Thanks ---> Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Bobijohn wrote:Hi Stan

If you have not already, could you please address the following:-

1). Can we run the same licensed EL 5 on more than 1 machine e.g. mine and the wife's or, does that require two licenses?

no, but only one instance of expert lotto can be running at a time. that means you and your wife cannot be using expert lotto at the same time.

2). I am in the process of moving my daily activities to Linux based OS (trying out several right now). Machine will dual boot for a while. Question is - can the same license be used for more than one operating system? Assume on the same machine.

yes

Perhaps some clarification along these lines would be helpful for others too.

Thanks ---> Bobijohn

read more here: http://expertlotto.com/staging/en/support/faq.htm
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Got it!! Thanks Stan.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby niceguy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:27 am

Hi Stan Can we pay & register to upgrade from version 4 to version 5 yet? Thanks
niceguy

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 am

niceguy wrote:Hi Stan Can we pay & register to upgrade from version 4 to version 5 yet? Thanks

i was hoping to make the release of version 5 today. unfortunately, i had to make some last minute changes in license key format as its email delivery failed in some cases. so now i have to wait till the next business day (i.e. monday) for our reseller to make adjustments at their website.

anyway, everything should be in place on monday evening (hopefully)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 am

Stan, Is the pricing the same as you advised us before for EL5, and is it still on a one year License? I have not seen any updated posts on this, The new Web pages still show your former pricing, so looks like I will be back using EL4.
Thanks.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:Stan, Is the pricing the same as you advised us before for EL5, and is it still on a one year License? I have not seen any updated posts on this, The new Web pages still show your former pricing, so looks like I will be back using EL4.
Thanks.

no, we have changed the pricing based on your feedback. i'll uploaded new version of web pages later on today.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok Stan, I'll check out the Home Page later today again, I won't go to the trouble of setting up EL4 at this point in time then.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:Ok Stan, I'll check out the Home Page later today again, I won't go to the trouble of setting up EL4 at this point in time then.

i've just realized that there are already live registration links in the updated web page so i can't upload them to the web until our reseller is ready to accept orders.

to sum our new pricing model up:
- the upgrade price from expert lotto pro is $19.95
- the upgrade price includes all application updates that are published within a year since the purchase
- after one year you get to keep indefinitely the latest version of expert lotto at that time - the license never expires
- but if you want to upgrade to a new version of expert lotto after one year since the upgrade, you'll have to pay another $19.95 to subscribe app updates for another year

we'll review the pricing model next year - if there are not that many new versions of expert lotto being released during the year, we'll either extend the free updates period or switch to a different pricing model then.
naturally, the app updates subscription is an incentive for us to keep improving expert lotto to convince as many users as possible that renewing app updates subscription is worth their money:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:24 am

Again Thanks for your quick reply Stan, I'll upgrade to the full version of EL5 once it get released, I'm glad that it does not expire after the 12 months, and at the price you set I'll probably renew every year, once again Thanks.
Savage_Rottweiler

Previous

Return to Development versions