Segments filter

Segments filter

Postby Gatsby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Stan,

I´m failing to understand how Segments option works in a statistical filter. How can i filter from Last ten draws - ocorrence = 1 for 3 segments, 4 segments, 5 segments or more, as the only segment that appears in the combo is for 3 segments?

The same happens to segments combinations: is of 3 segments, 4, 5, etc, or is for all ?

Wouldn´t this be more intuitive if this worked as for Number groups Filter?

Maybe this is really plain, but i´m failing to understand even after reading help file.

BTW, in WNH - segments filter, when i change from 3 to 4 segments or more, shouldn´t the coloring of the segments change?

Thanks,

Filipe.
Gatsby
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Segments filter

Postby stan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I´m failing to understand how Segments option works in a statistical filter. How can i filter from Last ten draws - ocorrence = 1 for 3 segments, 4 segments, 5 segments or more, as the only segment that appears in the combo is for 3 segments?

there's 'segment combinations' and 'segment size' options in statistical filter, which one are you referring to?

The same happens to segments combinations: is of 3 segments, 4, 5, etc, or is for all ?

Wouldn´t this be more intuitive if this worked as for Number groups Filter?

the statistics for history segments are based on the global settings for segment count and their sizes. if you need a different count of segments, you need to adjust the settings under 'tools - options'
it might be more intuitive if it was implemented as number groups but that would mean i have to write code to create/modify/delete/load/store multiple named sets of segmentation settings. unless there's the same demand from other users i'm not going to do it. i don't think it makes much sense to change segmentation settings often. you should find which settings work best for your lottery and keep using them.

Maybe this is really plain, but i´m failing to understand even after reading help file.

BTW, in WNH - segments filter, when i change from 3 to 4 segments or more, shouldn´t the coloring of the segments change?

where should the coloring change?
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6282
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm

Re: Segments filter

Postby Gatsby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Stan,

stan wrote:
Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I´m failing to understand how Segments option works in a statistical filter. How can i filter from Last ten draws - ocorrence = 1 for 3 segments, 4 segments, 5 segments or more, as the only segment that appears in the combo is for 3 segments?

there's 'segment combinations' and 'segment size' options in statistical filter, which one are you referring to?


To both.

The same happens to segments combinations: is of 3 segments, 4, 5, etc, or is for all ?

Wouldn´t this be more intuitive if this worked as for Number groups Filter?

the statistics for history segments are based on the global settings for segment count and their sizes. if you need a different count of segments, you need to adjust the settings under 'tools - options'
it might be more intuitive if it was implemented as number groups but that would mean i have to write code to create/modify/delete/load/store multiple named sets of segmentation settings. unless there's the same demand from other users i'm not going to do it. i don't think it makes much sense to change segmentation settings often. you should find which settings work best for your lottery and keep using them.

[/quote]

I didn´t want to change segmentation settings often, i just guessed that we could work with several segmentations. I imagined that one might have a 3 segment under certain conditions and a 4 segment under other conditions,etc, because they are refering to different number groups...

Maybe this is really plain, but i´m failing to understand even after reading help file.

BTW, in WNH - segments filter, when i change from 3 to 4 segments or more, shouldn´t the coloring of the segments change?

where should the coloring change?[/quote]

In the costumizing window. I thought we could do that also in the statistical filter (either with size or combinations...). But this is not importante as we know the ranges.

Best regards,

(If someone more experient in using WNH want´s to give some feedback on this idea, please do, i need a little more thought on this).
Gatsby
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Segments filter

Postby stan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am

Gatsby wrote:I didn´t want to change segmentation settings often, i just guessed that we could work with several segmentations. I imagined that one might have a 3 segment under certain conditions and a 4 segment under other conditions,etc, because they are refering to different number groups...


as i posted above - there are only one segmentation settings that apply to all statistical tables. you can customize the segmentation for a single filter though.
i guess you can setup a custom analyzer with various segmentation settings if you really need it.

In the costumizing window. I thought we could do that also in the statistical filter (either with size or combinations...). But this is not importante as we know the ranges.

which window? please post the exact window title
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6282
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm

Re: Segments filter

Postby Gatsby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Stan,

As you can see there are only four segments defined and the colors corresponde to five segments,

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Segments filter

Postby stan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:37 pm

ok, thanks for the screenshot. it'll be fixed in the next app update.
Expert Lotto Team
User avatar
stan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6282
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:01 pm


Return to Development versions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest