expert lotto 5 update - 101225

expert lotto 5 update - 101225

Postby stan » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:30 pm

new app update is now available.
i was hoping to have the official release of expert lotto 5 on january 1st. but we've changed the pricing model so i have to make some changes in license code. the release will be sometime in the middle of january.

this app update fixes some minor bugs and has a couple of minor tweaks requested recently in this forum. it also extends the trial license till end of january.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: expert lotto 5 update - 101225

Postby Maryland » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:33 am

Stan, Am I suppose to be able to update through program? It always says update failed check proxy settings. It was automatically set to use system proxy settings which worked before.
Maryland

Postby stan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:28 am

sorry, i forgot i moved the files around in preparation for the official release...

please try again, it should work now
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Stan,

You should take a closer look at the statistical filter because it does not work as it should in many cases. The reason for telling you this is because when I am filtering the same with the analyzer and the statistical filter and compare the two results, the results are not always the same when using the same statistical values.

I think what maybe is causing this error has to do with the statistics who have decimals. My system use “,” as default decimal symbol, but the statistical filter do not allow me to use it so I must use “.” .All statistics in EL 5 use “,” as decimal symbol.

Is it right that the statistics in EL 5 shall not use the system default decimal symbol? I have changed the system default decimal symbol on my pc to “.” but the statistics in EL 5 still use “,” and the statistical filter is still wrong.

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:45 am

Viking wrote:Hi Stan,

You should take a closer look at the statistical filter because it does not work as it should in many cases. The reason for telling you this is because when I am filtering the same with the analyzer and the statistical filter and compare the two results, the results are not always the same when using the same statistical values.

can you give some examples pls?
btw, one possible source of confusion might be highest X and lowest X conditions in the statistical filter. for example 'ticket numbers - occurrence - highest 3' isn't the same as sorting ticket numbers analyzer table by occurrence column in descending order, selecting the first three rows (i.e. the three most frequent numbers) and then filtering the package.
option 'highest X' and 'lowest X' operate with "ranks" instead of first x or last x rows in sorted analyzer table. pls see filter documentation.
I think what maybe is causing this error has to do with the statistics who have decimals. My system use “,” as default decimal symbol, but the statistical filter do not allow me to use it so I must use “.” .All statistics in EL 5 use “,” as decimal symbol.

not sure if it will make any difference, but i'll fix the decimal symbol interpretation
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Stan,

There is something wrong with the Add Missing Draws feature. My lottery has one draw each week on a Saturday, but in Add Missing Draws you can choose among seven draws each week and the draw number will then also be wrong. My lottery setup in EL 5 is correct. Take a look at the attached image and you will see it.

I will post a comment about the Statistical filter later today.

Regards,
Viking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viking

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

There is something wrong with the Add Missing Draws feature. My lottery has one draw each week on a Saturday, but in Add Missing Draws you can choose among seven draws each week and the draw number will then also be wrong. My lottery setup in EL 5 is correct. Take a look at the attached image and you will see it.

do you have a custom lottery setup or did you use one of the lotteries shipped with expert lotto 5?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi Stan,

It seems to me that the Statistical filter filters right when using “.” as decimal symbol. But it would be nice if you do as you said, make the Statistical filter use the system default decimal symbol. This would make it easier to type in number values when you use the numeric keypad.

I have learned one thing and that is when you are going to filter statistic with decimals in the Statistical filter you must use one value with greater than and one value with less than. Filtering using = value does not work with statistic values with decimals.

I have found one problem with the Statistical filter and that is when filtering by using “Occurrence Percentage”. It seems to me that this does not work at all, not for the filters I have tried. You can see the result for one of the filters in my attached image.

Regards,
Viking
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viking

Postby Viking » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:27 pm

stan wrote:

do you have a custom lottery setup or did you use one of the lotteries shipped with expert lotto 5?

I used custom setup and all was done correct when I created the new lottery.

Below you can see some text from the file lottery.xml using custom lottery setup and the lottery setup in Expert Lotto 5. When I created my custom lottery I only ticked Saturday as draw day and seven draw days are in file, strange.

From my custom lottery setup

<winning-numbers first-draw="19970830" first-day-of-week="mon" >
<display type="date" draw-number="true" />
<draw day-of-week="mon" />
<draw day-of-week="tue" />
<draw day-of-week="wed" />
<draw day-of-week="thu" />
<draw day-of-week="fri" />
<draw day-of-week="sat" />
<draw day-of-week="sun" />
</winning-numbers>

From lottery setup in Expert Lotto 5

<winning-numbers first-draw="20040117" first-day-of-week="mon">
<display type="date" draw-number="false"/>
<draw day-of-week="sat" label="1st"/>
</winning-numbers>
Viking

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Viking wrote:
stan wrote:

I used custom setup and all was done correct when I created the new lottery.

Below you can see some text from the file lottery.xml using custom lottery setup and the lottery setup in Expert Lotto 5. When I created my custom lottery I only ticked Saturday as draw day and seven draw days are in file, strange.

when draw number is part of the draw date then each draw is uniquely identified solely by the draw number. when adding new/missing draw you can pick any calendar date to be associated with the given draw number. the main purpose of the draw number is to accommodate some keno-like lotteries which draw winning numbers e.g. every 5 minutes.
there's actually a bug in new lottery wizard. when you select 'use draw numbers' option then you shouldn't be able to pick specific draw days in the next wizard step. it'll be fixed in the final release.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Stan,

I hope you are not going to remove the possibility to use draw numbers and draw dates at the same time in a lottery drawn just one time each week, because it works perfect after I removed the six other draw days from the lottery.xml file. Is it not just to use what is already in the Lottery Wizard of today’s version of EL 5 and change it a little? If you make a lottery by using draw dates with draw numbers or without draw numbers, let only the specified (ticked) draw days be the draw days EL 5 uses for that lottery. Please do not let it be automatically all weekdays when you choose to create a lottery with draws based on draw numbers and draw dates at the same time.

Have you seen my new comment above about the Statistical filter?

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

It seems to me that the Statistical filter filters right when using “.” as decimal symbol. But it would be nice if you do as you said, make the Statistical filter use the system default decimal symbol. This would make it easier to type in number values when you use the numeric keypad.

already fixed

I have learned one thing and that is when you are going to filter statistic with decimals in the Statistical filter you must use one value with greater than and one value with less than. Filtering using = value does not work with statistic values with decimals.

there's no easy solution to this - there are always some rounding issues. but i'll look at the code to see if i can at least improve it a bit.

I have found one problem with the Statistical filter and that is when filtering by using “Occurrence Percentage”. It seems to me that this does not work at all, not for the filters I have tried. You can see the result for one of the filters in my attached image.

thanks for reporting this, i'll fix it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:29 pm

I hope you are not going to remove the possibility to use draw numbers and draw dates at the same time in a lottery drawn just one time each week,

that's what i just did:)

because it works perfect after I removed the six other draw days from the lottery.xml file. Is it not just to use what is already in the Lottery Wizard of today’s version of EL 5 and change it a little? If you make a lottery by using draw dates with draw numbers or without draw numbers, let only the specified (ticked) draw days be the draw days EL 5 uses for that lottery. Please do not let it be automatically all weekdays when you choose to create a lottery with draws based on draw numbers and draw dates at the same time.

well, there are no specific reasons why it couldn't work the way you request. my idea was that the draw number would be used solely for lotteries with too many draws in a single day. but i don't have any strong argument against your proposition - except that it is possible to have a draw number associated with wrong calendar date - either by mistake or when import past winning numbers. and that may cause problems when selecting draws by date range.

btw, there are some other corner cases in the lottery setup that expert lotto 5 handles easily but the new lottery wizard doesn't support...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 am

stan wrote:

I hope you are not going to remove the possibility to use draw numbers and draw dates at the same time in a lottery drawn just one time each week,

that's what i just did:)

because it works perfect after I removed the six other draw days from the lottery.xml file. Is it not just to use what is already in the Lottery Wizard of today’s version of EL 5 and change it a little? If you make a lottery by using draw dates with draw numbers or without draw numbers, let only the specified (ticked) draw days be the draw days EL 5 uses for that lottery. Please do not let it be automatically all weekdays when you choose to create a lottery with draws based on draw numbers and draw dates at the same time.

well, there are no specific reasons why it couldn't work the way you request. my idea was that the draw number would be used solely for lotteries with too many draws in a single day. but i don't have any strong argument against your proposition - except that it is possible to have a draw number associated with wrong calendar date - either by mistake or when import past winning numbers. and that may cause problems when selecting draws by date range.

btw, there are some other corner cases in the lottery setup that expert lotto 5 handles easily but the new lottery wizard doesn't support...

Hi Stan!

Since you have decided to make it not possible to do it my way in the Lottery Wizard, is it then still possible to do it by customizing the lottery.xml file by deleting the unwanted draw days or by changing draw-number="false" to “true”?

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Viking wrote:Since you have decided to make it not possible to do it my way in the Lottery Wizard, is it then still possible to do it by customizing the lottery.xml file by deleting the unwanted draw days or by changing draw-number="false" to “true”?

actually i decided to do it your way (my previous post may not seem so though:)
and yes, you can edit lottery.xml file to change the draw schedule. just be careful what you're doing and make a backup copy first.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Development versions