number groups

number groups

Postby niceguy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi Stan
Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at the following problem, previously mentioned quite a few months back. (I do appreciate how busy you have been with version 5 in the last few months though!) :D
Quote "I am using a lotto system that has 6 balls drawn each week from a possible total of 40 balls. In Expert Lotto version 4, when using the number groups filter, set to 20 groups, if I clicked on "customise" it would automatically spread the number groups evenly over the total 40 numbers. ( i.e. 1-2 would be group number one, 3-4 would be group number two, 5-6 would be group number three etc). However, when I try the same in version 5 it does not spread the 20 groups evenly over the 40 numbers. Instead it goes :- 1-2 (group one), 7-8 (group two), 21-22 (group three), 27-28 (group four), 12-13 (group five), 9-10 (group six), & all the remaining groups are numbered 1-40. When using "customise" in the group filter, I assume the number groups filter in V5 should do the same as v4 does ?
It's just that I have now fully changed over to v5 & use 20 number groups each week for my lotto selections, & v5 doesn't seem to remember the 20 group settings I use each week, & I have to input all the number group figures each time I use the 20 number group (can be quite time time consuming), & I thought it might need fixing up before v5 goes up for sale to the public?
Many thanks Stan
niceguy

Re: number groups

Postby stan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 pm

niceguy wrote:v5 doesn't seem to remember the 20 group settings I use each week

you mean you use menu 'tools - number groups - add' to create a new number group and next time you start the application, the group isn't there?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: number groups

Postby niceguy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

Ah! got it. Thanks Stan. Just a matter of me getting used to version 5! :)
niceguy

Return to Development versions