Keno

Keno

Postby niceguy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi Stan
I'm trying to set up New Zealand Keno in Expert Lotto version 5. In N.Z. keno we have two draws per day. Each draw has 80 balls from which 20 balls are drawn. In order to win you pick up to 10 numbers to play (depending on which system you want to play).
I downloaded the results (in excel form), from the lotto site, put them into notebook, & am trying to input them into Expert Lotto. (version 5). The results are given as two draws on the same date (the first draw is at 1 pm & the second draw at 6pm).
My problem is, how do I import these results into Version 5, & differentiate between the 1 pm draw & the 6 pm draws?
I have included an attachment of the draws in notebook form so you can try it for yourself to make the problem a little clearer to understand. I don't have a problem importing the results into version 5,just need to know how do I get both lots of results in & differenciate between the two daily draws?? Many thanks Niceguy :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
niceguy

Re: Keno

Postby stan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:17 pm

the lottery results on the web have no draw number or some sort of 1pm/6pm identificator?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby teoman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 pm

niceguy wrote:Hi Stan
I'm trying to set up New Zealand Keno in Expert Lotto version 5. In N.Z. keno we have two draws per day. Each draw has 80 balls from which 20 balls are drawn. In order to win you pick up to 10 numbers to play (depending on which system you want to play).
I downloaded the results (in excel form), from the lotto site, put them into notebook, & am trying to input them into Expert Lotto. (version 5). The results are given as two draws on the same date (the first draw is at 1 pm & the second draw at 6pm).
My problem is, how do I import these results into Version 5, & differentiate between the 1 pm draw & the 6 pm draws?
I have included an attachment of the draws in notebook form so you can try it for yourself to make the problem a little clearer to understand. I don't have a problem importing the results into version 5,just need to know how do I get both lots of results in & differenciate between the two daily draws?? Many thanks Niceguy :?

Do it this way:
- in the folder lottery 'NZ Keno' delete file 'winningnumbers'
- copy and replace in the file 'lottery' in the bottom gave text me
- use file 'NZ Keno Draws Two per day' changed me as database
- launch of the new 'Expert Lotto 5' and then 'Winning Numbers' => Import..., with the new settings required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teoman

Postby niceguy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Hi teoman
Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. It worked perfectly. :D
Just out of interest, how did you number each days games 1 and 2 ?. This is where I went wrong. ( Just so I know what to do for future updates).
Once again many thanks.
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:49 am

Hi Stan
As previously stated, in New Zealand Keno there are a total of 80 numbers, from which 20 numbers are drawn & you can bet on anything from one to ten numbers. (Seems to be the way most Keno games are run.) However, what I would like to know is how do we setup Keno so that you can pick say two numbers, or pick say five numbers, or maybe nine or ten numbers to bet on, put them in the package & print them out? Thanks Stan
niceguy

Postby stan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm

niceguy wrote:Hi Stan
However, what I would like to know is how do we setup Keno so that you can pick say two numbers, or pick say five numbers, or maybe nine or ten numbers to bet on, put them in the package & print them out? Thanks Stan

use your regular keno lottery setup and then use 'masked positions' to create combinations with less than 10 numbers.
e.g. in 'random numbers' window choose 'random combinations of 5 numbers' to create tickets with just 5 numbers. they'll print to regular 10/80 keno playslips just fine.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Development versions