dev build 150412

dev build 150412

Postby stan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 pm

A new dev build is now available, there's no new feature but I change some of the code that works behind the scene so the user interface should be a bit more responsive when working with a large database of past draws (1000+ draws)

There are also two new filters available in Experimental plugins:
- Segment Sums filter that was requested in this forum - the filtering logic should be fairly obvious
- History sums movement patterns filter - it takes a text file as input where each line is a series of "+", "-" and "=" characters. There's one character on each line for each History level. Plus sign means History sum increase, minus is sum decrease and equals sign means the same sum as in the latest draw. If the character is "." then the level value isn't evaluated in the filter condition. So for example line "+-++......." will select tickets that have increased sum value (positive diff) at levels 0, 2 and 3 and a decreased sum value (negative diff) at level 1.
There's also a new tool in Automation plugin that can create all possible pattern combinations from the latest selected draw and put them into a text file to be used as input in the new filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: dev build 150412

Postby player111 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi, Stan. Thank you for new filters. If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions about History sums movement patterns filter.
1. Is the pattern always should be a chain of values in consecutive levels? Or it can be like: "-+.-..+...+" ?
2. Is there a way to back-test this filter? Just to know the average size of pattern, which can be repeated with high probability.
player111

Postby player111 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:24 pm

As for the first question: I've tried the filter, and looks like "-+.-..+...+" pattern is possible. I asked it, because in my lottery pattern of 3 repeating values (+/-/=) usually appears in consecutive levels.
So, can I ignore complicated patterns and use only consecutive patterns? Less patterns - less tickets in the package, right? And is it possible to exclude complicated patterns automatically?
player111

Postby Jerzy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:02 am

Hi player111,

History Sum Movement filter is a new filter, very fresh, so no one knows its full potential but the initial test are very encouraging. It is the same as negative/positive history differences patterns.

First, we have to use the automation tools to create the output file which would contain a full wheel of possible combinations of pattern length in a given sequence of consecutive levels ( you do not need to start from the level 0). The creation of the output file is based on the history differences of the selected 1 latest draw.

The tool calculates pattern combinations, but you can do it for yourself by using a scientific calculator.

For example: for pattern length 3 and 14 consecutive levels press 1, press 4, press nCr button, press 3, press =. The result is 364 combinations.
For pattern length 9 and 14 consecutive levels there are 2002 combinations, for pattern length 8 and 14 levels there are 3003 combinations.

The automatic tool can create huge output files with thousands of pattern combinations. All is done automatically, so there is no reason to divide patterns into complicated and uncomplicated ones. The strong point of the automation tool is that it provides all patterns that are mathematically possible.

Then when we have the output file with the list of available pattern combinations, we can use the History Sum Movement filter itself for building a complex filter. Short pattern length combinations (eg 3) are likely to repeat and can be accepted under some conditions. Long patterns (eg 8 or 9), which are numerous, are less likely to repeat and can be rejected.

Currently, the History Sum Movement filter has no "min to max pattern combinations to pass" feature, so it is actually impossible to use on its own. One pattern from thousands of them might fail and, consequently, the filter would fail as a whole. And you can't place this filter as a single one in a complex filter and back test it.

But you can create, for example, 10 such filters and place them in a complex filter and allow 1 or 2 of them to fail. You can back test such group of sub-filters.

I hope Stan will implement the feature " min to max pattern combinations to pass" in the filter, even though we might wait for it for a while.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Jerzy wrote:I hope Stan will implement the feature " min to max pattern combinations to pass" in the filter, even though we might wait for it for a while.

It's in today's app update.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:06 am

Hi Stan,

Unfortunately, the feature " min to max history sum movement patterns to pass (or must pass)" was not implemented in the filter in a correct and appropriate way.

After installing the latest update I have the following situation:

1. When I open the History Sum Movement Patterns filter, there is no option "min x max history sum movement patterns must pass". This option is absent as it was.

2. When I open a new complex filter panel and add the History Sum Patterns filter to it (by clicking on Add filter), the filter is placed in the complex filter panel.

However,
there is an error message "Patterns file not specified".

There is no possibility of entering the list of pattern combinations from output file into the filter at any stage of adding the filter to the complex filter panel.

and
instead of "min to max history sum movement patterns combination must pass", there is an option "At least x to y levels must pass".

This is a misunderstanding. Levels are important for the automatic tool setting which creates the Output File with patterns. But in the History Sum Movement Patterns the levels are no longer relevant, because we filter the patterns from the list that we prepared earlier (not levels). There could be thousands of patterns, and to filter them correctly, the filter needs fine tuning.

With the newest update the situation became worse. The History Sum Movement Patterns filter became unusable in the complex filter.

I hope you can fix these problems.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Jerzy wrote:Hi Stan,

Unfortunately, the feature " min to max history sum movement patterns to pass (or must pass)" was not implemented in the filter in a correct and appropriate way.

After installing the latest update I have the following situation:

1. When I open the History Sum Movement Patterns filter, there is no option "min x max history sum movement patterns must pass". This option is absent as it was.

2. When I open a new complex filter panel and add the History Sum Patterns filter to it (by clicking on Add filter), the filter is placed in the complex filter panel.

However,
there is an error message "Patterns file not specified".

There is no possibility of entering the list of pattern combinations from output file into the filter at any stage of adding the filter to the complex filter panel.

That's how the filter was working even in its initial version. You have 'Browse' button in the filter settings pane to select the patterns file.

and
instead of "min to max history sum movement patterns combination must pass", there is an option "At least x to y levels must pass".

This is a misunderstanding. Levels are important for the automatic tool setting which creates the Output File with patterns. But in the History Sum Movement Patterns the levels are no longer relevant, because we filter the patterns from the list that we prepared earlier (not levels). There could be thousands of patterns, and to filter them correctly, the filter needs fine tuning.

Each pattern still represents some levels so with the new options you make the filter more lenient by accepting patterns that don't match in all levels.

I can add an option to define min/max count of patterns to pass but it will mean that the filter must compare all (e.g. several thousands) pattern to check that the max matching pattern count condition is satisfied, it will have big impact on its performance.

And also one important thing that might not be so obvious - the current filter implementation accepts a ticket if there's at least one matching pattern in the input file, so it's as if the options you propose where set to min=1, max=MAX
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Stan,

Following the latest update, it is impossible to run the History Sum Movement Patterns filter in the Complex filter environment. Clicking on the "Add filter" invokes filter menu. I select the History Sum Movement filter and it is inserted into the complex filter panel, however, it happens without any reference to the pattern file. There is a message: History Sum Movement Patterns - Patterns not specified.

In this situation running the complex filter is impossible, one of the "Run" buttons is dimmed and not accessible.

The filter can be run outside the complex filter environment but the assessment of its effectiveness will take time. Because there is no setting adjustment the filter would be difficult to use.

Attempts to build output files with the automatic tool for long sequences of levels and large size of pattern, such as 17 level and pattern size 10, generate warning messages. This is understandable. To avoid computer problems such warning messages should not be ignored. We should use the shorter sequences of levels.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Jerzy wrote:Hi Stan,

Following the latest update, it is impossible to run the History Sum Movement Patterns filter in the Complex filter environment. Clicking on the "Add filter" invokes filter menu. I select the History Sum Movement filter and it is inserted into the complex filter panel, however, it happens without any reference to the pattern file. There is a message: History Sum Movement Patterns - Patterns not specified.

In this situation running the complex filter is impossible, one of the "Run" buttons is dimmed and not accessible.

You don't see the 'Browse' button when the filter is in a complex filter window??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Stan,

Yes, there is the 'Browse' button when the filter is in the complex filter. I can see it now when you mentioned it. I have not noticed that before, probably I was distracted by other details. I am sorry about that and thank you!

I will test this tomorrow.
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Stan,

You wrote: "The current filter implementation accepts a ticket if there is at least one matching in the input file, so it's as if the option you propose was min = 1, max = MAX."

I am not really sure what does it mean, could you please tell us more about it?
Jerzy

Postby stan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

You wrote: "The current filter implementation accepts a ticket if there is at least one matching in the input file, so it's as if the option you propose was min = 1, max = MAX."

I am not really sure what does it mean, could you please tell us more about it?

It means that even if the input file has one thousand of patterns the filter will accept ticket if just one those patterns matches the history sum movement produced by that ticket. It's not that all patterns from the input file must pass.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby feelinLucky » Thu May 21, 2015 9:14 pm

I am still trying to get an understanding of how to best use these type of filters. Are these type of filters best used for accepting or rejecting tickets? I have done quite a bit of reading and still can't make that distinction. Thanks
feelinLucky

Postby Jerzy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:17 am

Hi feelinLucky,

The History Sum Movement Patterns filter and Odd/Even History Sum Patterns filter are for the people who have time to experiment and build their own filters and do not mind doing that. Yes, you have to use Automation to build a filter of your own design and you need to experiment to find the filter settings that work best for your game.

Both Accept and Reject option is available and can be used. Short patterns, such as size 3 to 5, are likely to repeat, so it makes sense to use the Accept option, if we know how many patterns should be accepted (we have to find it experimentally). Long patterns, such as size 8 to 9, have a low probability of repeating so the better choice is the Reject option.

I am doing a research to find the most appropriate settings for my game OZ Lotto (7/45 game). I use 56 levels (from level 0 to 55). This range of levels is supported by the game history data (500 past draws). I use the sequences of 16 consecutive levels. In the range of 56 levels you can build 41 sub filters for the 16 level sequences. I use the pattern size of 9 which is less likely to repeat than pattern size 8. The pattern size 9 creates 11,440 patterns in each 16 levels. I filter Reject to remove the latest draw patterns. The setting of patterns that must pass is usually 1, sometimes 2, but occasionally it might be a bit higher.

My computer does not work for the sequences longer than 16 levels (out of memory warning that should not be ignored), but I am quite happy with this range. People who have better computers probably can use the longer level sequences.

So use the Automation to build the Output file for the sequence of levels and the pattern size of your choice, open the new complex filter, add the filter, enter the Output file into the filter. You can test it now.

Building and back-testing such filters is easy and fast. Unfortunately, running such filters can be slow depending on the length of level sequences, the pattern size and the number of sub filters in the complex filter. To improve time management, we can filter overnight or use this filter for pre-filtered packages.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby feelinLucky » Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 am

Hi Jerzy,

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such a thorough response. I don't think the program is difficult, but the basic principles are lost somewhere and the documentation is not quite that clear. Unfortunately, I think that loses a lot of potential new users. I just happen to be a programmer myself, so it's not that much of a problem for me. Maybe, a little frustrating because of time restraints and I really don't have a lot of time to try and figure out all the ins and outs.

Nonetheless, I don't think there is any program publicly available that can compete with Expert Lotto, which leads me to believe that their a few quiet jackpot winners here.

I'm guessing most of the information is behind the jackpot curtain. LOL! I'll get there sooner or later. Again, thanks for taking the time to provide some needed information.

Best,

feelinLucky
feelinLucky

Next

Return to Development versions