WN History - Number History

WN History - Number History

Postby Midas » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Stan,

The Number History under the WN History has changed compared with previous versions.

(1) Currently the user can select a range of draws and the differential effects per column displayed. I'm not clear on the functionality, would you explain how this is intended to work?.
(2) Previously the user selected (6+)numbers,then the calculated sums for each column (Sum 0-10) would appear in the selected (Sel) Line. Very useful.
(3) A complimentary feature would be the reverse to be available, that the user quickly types in any sum value and the remaining column sum values recalculated automatically?.
(4) Another useful feature at this level would be to allow the user to select 6 primary key numbers with a small group of overlay mask numbers then recalculate column effect and display Sel, Average Sum, Min Sum, Max Sum and Differentials.
(4) The draw simulation/ package ticket entry boxes at the bottom,do not appear to do anything on this page.
(5) For the future, if possible a new generic filter could be created (as mentioned on previous thread), for the selection(inclusion/exclusion) of a range of pairs,triples, and quads, this filter could then be activated at this level or any other filter page?.

I think incorporating these enhanced features would make Number History a very robust tool for quick analysis.

Best Regards ;-)
George
Midas

Postby stan » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 pm

[quote=George]
The Number History under the WN History has changed compared with previous versions.
[/quote]
there was a change in number history tab in version 4.2.1
all the new stuff should be described in updated application help

(1) Currently the user can select a range of draws and the differential effects per column displayed. I'm not clear on the functionality, would you explain how this is intended to work?.

not sure what you mean by 'select a range of draws', only drawn numbers can be highlighted on this page
(2) Previously the user selected (6+)numbers,then the calculated sums for each column (Sum 0-10) would appear in the selected (Sel) Line. Very useful.

this is still working
(3) A complimentary feature would be the reverse to be available, that the user quickly types in any sum value and the remaining column sum values recalculated automatically?.

the problem is how to find the six number that lead to the entered sum. at the moment i can't think of any better algorithm than to go through all the millions of possible combinations...
(4) Another useful feature at this level would be to allow the user to select 6 primary key numbers with a small group of overlay mask numbers then recalculate column effect and display Sel, Average Sum, Min Sum, Max Sum and Differentials.

'overlay mask'??

(4) The draw simulation/ package ticket entry boxes at the bottom,do not appear to do anything on this page.

that's correct. the draw simulation would clash with numbers highlighted in the table, so i turned this feature off.

(5) For the future, if possible a new generic filter could be created (as mentioned on previous thread), for the selection(inclusion/exclusion) of a range of pairs,triples, and quads, this filter could then be activated at this level or any other filter page?.

can you remind me which thread it is pls?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:04 am

I have version 4.2.1 Build 793 installed with all latest plug-ins, but have not been able to get the functionality fully working (Item 2), inaccordance with the help descriptions.

(1) Top left side of Number History shows a draw selection box for user to select:

(*) All draws
(*) Latest XX draws
(*) Oldest XX draws
(*) Date range draws
(*) Custom selection (User Selectable)

When choosing any one of these draw selectors, the wn history matrix changes colours including values upon update. This is consistent with selecting a range or group of draws. In the case of custom selection one can choose both a continuous or intermittent range of draws.

(2) I am not able to get the Select (Sel) functionality nor its previous working appearance on my latest version of installed software?.

(3) Number select previously mentioned was extremely quick in finding the column sum values, hence the request for reverse engineering (if possible). Currently it takes too long when reproducing this functionality through simulator.A quick analysis method would be great, which I think you must have considered.

(4) Suggestion on this page is to be able to manipulate small number sets, choose up to say Six(6) primary numbers add additional numbers ( n out of x ), then observe effects on any column.

(5) The following two instances are refered in the following threads.

(+) http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=265
Date: 6/19/2006 by Trust, - Triple Filters
Forum: Comment Suggestions Features and Requests
(+) http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=243
Date: 5/20/2006 –Left Click New Feature Idea –Your Response

Regards
George
Midas

Postby stan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 am

[quote=George]
I have version 4.2.1 Build 793 installed with all latest plug-ins, but have not been able to get the functionality fully working (Item 2), inaccordance with the help descriptions.

(1) Top left side of Number History shows a draw selection box for user to select:

(*) All draws
(*) Latest XX draws
(*) Oldest XX draws
(*) Date range draws
(*) Custom selection (User Selectable)

When choosing any one of these draw selectors, the wn history matrix changes colours including values upon update. This is consistent with selecting a range or group of draws. In the case of custom selection one can choose both a continuous or intermittent range of draws.
[/quote]
the background colors are described in application's help:
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/help/en/w ... _table.htm
see 4th paragraph from the top

(2) I am not able to get the Select (Sel) functionality nor its previous working appearance on my latest version of installed software?.

click any row in the table with your mouse to highlight it. or hold down CTRL key and click more rows. the sums in the table below are recalculated as if those numbers were drawn.

(3) Number select previously mentioned was extremely quick in finding the column sum values, hence the request for reverse engineering (if possible). Currently it takes too long when reproducing this functionality through simulator.A quick analysis method would be great, which I think you must have considered.

there are more tables that need to be updated when the simulation numbers change so it's working slower than in previous versions.
the reverse engineering is possible but it's implementation would be useless as it would take a few minutes to find the combination of numbers that represent the entered sum value.

(4) Suggestion on this page is to be able to manipulate small number sets, choose up to say Six(6) primary numbers add additional numbers ( n out of x ), then observe effects on any column.

you can highlight more than six numbers in the number history page, is this not enough?

(5) The following two instances are refered in the following threads.

(+) http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=265
Date: 6/19/2006 by Trust, - Triple Filters
(+) http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=243
Date: 5/20/2006 –Left Click New Feature Idea –Your Response

i see what you mean now. those features are on my todo list.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:47 pm

Stan,

I finally got the Sum(Sel) function up and running. This was turned off because my window was minimised. The help file needs to be updated to reflect this simple setup.

Continued

(1) Paragraph 4 describes the layout of the WN History Table. However would'nt it be better to show the actual projected difference (+/-) value in the table rather than past occurences?.

(2) I have not been able to reproduce any correct sums to be predicted for the anticpated next draw using number history. The example below is representative of similar result found on other databases.

UK Draw 8/19/2006 Actual result: 6-29-31-34-40-48 Bonus 4(Ignore) ->Select columns Sum_0 and Sum_1 for prediction.

Even holding the CTRL Key and selecting the Six(6) numbers in various order does not reproduce the anticipated result for 8/19/2006. Perhaps I'm not using number history correctly?. Please advise.

(3) This request is invalid if the original function is not working. However, if we could poke sum values into the various columns we might get closer to the actual result.

(4) Same answer as Item(1) above, Currently I'm not confident in using the projections with addition of extra numbers.

Any help towards the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Midas

Postby stan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 pm

[quote=George]
I finally got the Sum(Sel) function up and running. This was turned off because my window was minimised. The help file needs to be updated to reflect this simple setup.
[/quote]
i'll try to fix the scrollbar settings instead.

(1) Paragraph 4 describes the layout of the WN History Table. However would'nt it be better to show the actual projected difference (+/-) value in the table rather than past occurences?.

the table does show the projected differences. if a row is highlighted then its values show the differences as if that number was drawn (in italics)

(2) I have not been able to reproduce any correct sums to be predicted for the anticpated next draw using number history. The example below is representative of similar result found on other databases.

UK Draw 8/19/2006 Actual result: 6-29-31-34-40-48 Bonus 4(Ignore) ->Select columns Sum_0 and Sum_1 for prediction.

Even holding the CTRL Key and selecting the Six(6) numbers in various order does not reproduce the anticipated result for 8/19/2006. Perhaps I'm not using number history correctly?. Please advise.

try the demo expert lotto 6/49 lottery:
first select this range of draws: 1st wed only, dates 1/2004 till 28/2004 (240) draws should be selected. the sums for this date are 361,786,1206,...
now select range: 1st wed only, dates 1/2004 till 27/2004, new sum values are 382,766,1182,...
then if you highlight winning numbers from draw 1st wed 28/2004 in the numbers table the sel row should show sum values for that draw, i.e. 361,786,1206,...

(3) This request is invalid if the original function is not working. However, if we could poke sum values into the various columns we might get closer to the actual result.

(4) Same answer as Item(1) above, Currently I'm not confident in using the projections with addition of extra numbers.

Any help towards the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
George
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Tips + Tricks