Filtering Safely and winning!

Filtering Safely and winning!

Postby Alcymart » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 am

Here are a few tips on how to filter down safely without risking to lose the Jackpot winning ticket!

You can filter down safely getting rid of milions of combinations at a time with the number position filter. The chances of taking out the winning ticket is almost non existent. Look at the stats first and then keep all those that are due most. It's that easy!

You can also use the even/odds filter and remove the 6-0 and 0-6, also the sum filter, look at the stats and remove the non likely sums out of there in the low end high end range. In the WN History, filter down to -50+50 in every column thus knocking off millions of combinations while preserving the good ticket 99% of the time. If you still have too many tickets which is unlikely, bump down in the WN History sums filter to -40+40 or even -35+35, but beware that when you do this, you may lose the jackpot ticket, however you will still be left with good chances for other division prizes. There arealso other great filters to get less tickets, some require some work to filter down a good amount safely. Study them and experiment. It's all worth it in the end when you collect your winnings. You will feel good about yourself when you win for a job well done.

If 1-2-3-4-5-6 comes out , your cooked but it won't happen in 1000 years so with the above filters, and even if it would come out, you are better off without betting on that combination as there will be a lot of people sharing the jackpot as statistics show that 5% of people play 1-2-3-4-5-6 in a 6 digit lottery. Yes, thats a lot of people that would share the jackpot and I doubt you want any part of it. You can consider your jackpot ticket intact once the above is done, use the best ticket filter and go for the amount of tickets within your budget. Be prepared to wait until this is done. It can take hours or a day to get the 20 best tickets out of 100,000 combinations left in the package, but WoW, they are awesome tickets! You will win small prizes but everytime you do this, you always get a crack at the jackpot and other good division prizes! Good Luck!
Alcymart

Postby stan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:51 am

from the probability point of view combination 1,2,3,4,5,6 has equal chance as e.g. 4,12,20,25,34,41. but i agree that your strategy would 'make sense' to most lottery players and the best tickets filter is really good for the lower prizes. so pls keep us updated on your results
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:08 pm

Making every column -50/+50 is a good starting point but most likely the numbers drawn will be spread out across the board. To use the best ticket filter the numbers drawn need to be more towards the top of the maximum occurrences in the ticket numbers statistics page. This would mean that you really need to try to work in the column sum more towards the max sum value.

Not knocking your strategy but, listening with an open mind, just pointing out what I understand about the software. I have noticed that if you take the max sum value and apply it to the min sum value for each column your sum ranges should all be within the next drawing.

Eaxmple: If column 0 max is +30 then column 0 min should be -30 etc.
PadawanLotto

I agree

Postby Alcymart » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Hi Padwanlotto,

I agree with you totally! I didn't write the tips with all the small details but it shows that you are working the program. In short it's a combination of all filters including the WN sums one,and skill using Expert lotto that will improve your odds.
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:42 pm

Here's a way of explaining why the playing of the infamous sequence 1-2-3-4-5-6 in a 6/49 lottery is such a bad idea.

Note: If you're not interested in formulas, you can skip down to the Conclusion at the end of the article.
Looking at: 1-2-3-4-5-6
One of the many ways to break down the 49 numbers into discrete groups is also one of the most obvious.

Of the 49 numbers in a 6/49 game, 40 are double-digit (10-49) and 9 are single-digit (1-9). Pretty basic isn't it? In this case, we could even ignore the fact that the paint represents numbers at all ... the difference is simply that 40 of the symbols use 2 characters and 9 of the symbols use only 1 character.

What's the Probability of All Single Digits?
The sequence in question (1-2-3-4-5-6) is made up entirely of single characters. Let's for a moment ignore the fact that they are also in a contiguous numerical sequence.

The 1st position drawn must be any one of the single digits. The probability (P-value) of this is therefore:

P(1st position) = 9/49 = 0.184
We continue until all the positions have been drawn.

P(2nd position) = 8/48 = 0.167
P(3rd position) = 7/47 = 0.149
P(4th position) = 6/46 = 0.130
P(5th position) = 5/45 = 0.111
P(6th position) = 4/44 = 0.091

The overall P(1-2-3-4-5-6) = 0.184*0.167*0.149*0.130*0.111*0.091 = ~0.000006.

If we invert this figure (1/P) we get the *relative* odds of this event which is 166,474:1. This would be the probability of drawing *any* 6 single-digit numbers regardless of whether they are in sequence or not.

There are only 84 different ways that this outcome can occur since C(9,6) = 84. However, since we are specifying one and only one of those possible sequences, we must perform one more calculation to get the *true* overall odds. The probability of one specific sequence occurring is: P(specific sequence) = 1/84 * P(any sequence) = 0.012*0.000006 = 0.0000000715112384.

When once again inverted, this figure becomes 13,983,816:1. No real surprise since this merely validates that the previously calculated probabilities are correct. Bear in mind that we have been using figures here that have been rounded to a considerable degree. The actual P values have many more decimal places that aren't shown here.

Also bear in mind that these calculations are for the six numbers being drawn in any sequence, exactly like the lottery would draw them. If we had stated a different problem: to calculate the probability of drawing 1-2-3-4-5-6 in that exact order, we would be seeing vastly smaller P-values and consequently vastly larger odds of such an event occurring. Fortunately, the calculations above are for the numbers drawn in any order, as in the real game.

Looking at the Relative Odds
Now let's go back to what I said above, namely that the figure 166,474:1 is the *relative* odds of drawing such a combination. "Relative to what?"

The answer is that this represents just one of the 64 different ways that single-digit and double-digit numbers can be drawn to form a 6 number combination. The probability (P-value) for each of those can be calculated using the same methods outlined above.

It turns out that the P-value of any drawn combination being composed of 1 single-digit and 5 double-digits is ~0.4235. If we calculate 0.4235/0.000006 we can quickly see that this type of combination is 70,500 times more probable than the other!

Conclusion
The chances are 166,474 to 1 that the winning combination will have all six numbers with only single-digits (from 1 to 9).

The chances are 70,500 times better that the winning combination will have 1 single-digit number (from 1 to 9) and 5 double-digit numbers (from 10 to 49).

Conclusion? While each and every combination always has a 13,983,816:1 chance of being drawn, it can be shown that certain types of combinations are significantly more likely to occur when compared relatively to others.

While it is clearly not impossible for the stated combination to appear someday, it is remote enough that I wouldn't choose to waste money on it. In spite of all the logic, apparently there are surprisingly large numbers of people that regularly play this combination simply because it is the longshot. If it ever does show up, I would estimate that the jackpot shares will be significantly diluted.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:32 am

well put, alcymart.
i wonder if there's any lottery in the world where a single-digit combination has been drawn already. the 'best' in our czech lottery is 2,3,5,6,8,13 and our lottery has history since 1956...

on the other hand, if we disregard all single-digit tickets, only 84 tickets get filtered out of those 14 millions in 6/49 lottery
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby kdsjeter » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Although a little easier to come by in pick 5; 5/39

On October 20, 2004 the following numbers came out:

33, 34, 35, 36, 37 (On the other side of the spectrum)

13 People hit these numbers, 12 being the limit for the $600,000 prize pool. Each got about $41,666, but in Maryland if you hit all five numbers on Bonus Match 5, Maryland pays the taxes. So it's a nice hit.

I believe this was the first time there were that many winners at one time.
kdsjeter

Return to Tips + Tricks